Confidence Part 2

Do you still have confidence in Madejski, Hammond and Howe to run the club?

Yes
57%
No
37%
Don't care
5%

Total votes: 131
sheshnu

Re: Confidence Part 2

by sheshnu » 01 Sep 2010 16:13

Sir Dodger Royal Success is all about investment. Blackpool, Burnley, Reading, Hull, Crystal Palace etc. were a one off....

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2010 18:01

Royalwaster Haven't voted as question doesn't really make sense - like others I have confidence that they won't ruin this club financially, but think that their strategy errs too much on the risk avoidance side of things. Mr Mad clearly has no desire to risk his money - fair play to him; the only ones willing to do so are those who are happy to buy something else - connections, respectability, .. - with the money they'll lose. I think Mr Mad fell into that category at the outset but has now made what he can out of the club - i.e. even though he's probably got a net loss on the club, his wins far outweigh these losses in terms of business links, reputation etc.

I would say that's a pretty fair assessment of Madejski's position, although I won't say fair play to him simply because he seeks to mask that position when he feeds us the bullshyte about genuine ambition and ability to get back to the PL. Nor will they ruin the club financially overnight. However, I think they may well damage the club financially through lack of investment and death by a thousand cuts.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Sep 2010 18:10

I have complete confidence in Madejski and his management team.

Until an alternative steps forward, who is genuine, mega rich and can afford to take us forward beyond what Madejski has achieved without ruining the club for the future then I will support Madejski to the hilt.

How can Madejski spend money he doesn't have or the club doesn't have? RFC have to be sustainable. Has anyone stepped forward from Thailand or the UAE or the Islamic Republic with huge investment cash? No..........

joe999

by joe999 » 01 Sep 2010 18:16

I don't see how this is different to part 1. Since yesterday we've spent the equivalent of me spending 10p, got one player we should have had back on loan anyway, and 2 players who will struggle to kick through their zimmer frames. Still a big no no for me, but that's just my opinion.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Sep 2010 18:19

Depends what running a club means.

Running a club to make sure they keep it ticking over and generating an income/profit/stability for themselves with minimum risk to themselves, as a pure cold business venture then as RZR says - yes, perhaps even moreso.

Running a club from a fans' perspective - going for success and capitalising on it with timely investments and striking when the iron's hot and making the fans proud of the club and confident in their ability to make a real success of it it footballing terms - you must be ****ing joking.

From a personal perspective I've zero confidence in Madejski and am counting down the days for him to leave us in peace and stop bleeding the club dry till he finds a buyer.

MADEJSKI OUT.
Last edited by Millsy on 01 Sep 2010 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Sep 2010 18:19

Maybe in January we will snap up Bertrand when his Forest loan ends and sign a decent striker.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Sep 2010 18:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup Depends what running a club means.

Running a club to make sure they keep it ticking over and generating an income/profit/stability for themselves with minimum risk to themselves, as a pure cold business venture then as RZR says - yes, perhaps even moreso.

Running a club from a fans' perspective - going for success and capitalising on it with timely investments and striking when the iron's hot and making the fans proud of the club and confident in their ability to make a real success of it it footballing terms - you must be ****ing joking.

From a personal perspective I've zero confidence in Madejski and am counting down the days for him to leave us in peace and stop bleeding the club dry till he finds a buyer.

MADEJSKI OUT.

There is no other alternative to Madejski? Who is out there who is rich enough and willing to run RFC from the fans perspective? There is hardly a queue of potential buyers and its not like Madejski hasn't let the world know he wants to sell it.

I'm happy with the job that Madejski is doing.

If fans want the club to have more money so that the club can buy the selfish ********* players that demand £30K per week and will get us promoted then why doesn't everyone set up a standing order and pay the club £1000 a month so that they can buy these players. Yeah, I didn't think so.

joe999

by joe999 » 01 Sep 2010 18:31

But you know that money and some players on more than 10p a week is the only way to success now, sad as that is. So are you saying you never want to get promoted? No success? As for the "fans should spend the money" thing, oxf*rd off, seriously. It's his job. He doesn't want to spend his cash, fine, but he's not a suitable chairman.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Sep 2010 18:37

Anyone who has had any experience running a business will understand that there are limits and restrictions to what you can do financially.

I'd love to own a Ferrari, but I can't afford one.

If you haven't got the money, and the banks aren't lending to businesses then what are you supposed to do?

Alot of people need to get in the real world. Too many RFC fans are in cloud cuckoo land.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Sep 2010 18:38

Top Flight Maybe in January we will snap up Bertrand when his Forest loan ends and sign a decent striker.

Yes, you can't have too many left-backs :|

joe999

by joe999 » 01 Sep 2010 18:42

Top Flight Anyone who has had any experience running a business will understand that there are limits and restrictions to what you can do financially.

I'd love to own a Ferrari, but I can't afford one.

If you haven't got the money, and the banks aren't lending to businesses then what are you supposed to do?

Alot of people need to get in the real world. Too many RFC fans are in cloud cuckoo land.

Yes, I understand this PERFECTLY, and I agree. But as I've been saying again and again, this is what football is now. It's disgusting, it really is. But we can't be the ONLY club like it. It's not fair. If he can't manage financially, he needs to find someone who can. Now.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Sep 2010 18:48

We're not the only club like it.....There are only a small number of clubs in the division outspending us on player wages. We have one of the best squads in the division still.

Most clubs are worse off than we are. Cardiff look like they are spending way beyond their means and if they don't go up this year, next year they won't have Bellamy and they may lose some of their stars in the summer. It's make or break for them. If they make it then fine. But if it breaks they will be ruined for a decade.

And Madejski has been trying to sell the club for years now. But no one has come forward for RFC despite our fantastic location close to Heathrow airport. Despite our proximity to the playground that is London. No body of the financial resources necessary has been willing to buy the club. So what do you want? Just support the Mad man, pull together. He is doing his best with what he's got.

joe999

by joe999 » 01 Sep 2010 18:50

Top Flight We're not the only club like it.....There are only a small number of clubs in the division outspending us on player wages. We have one of the best squads in the division still.

Most clubs are worse off than we are. Cardiff look like they are spending way beyond their means and if they don't go up this year, next year they won't have Bellamy and they may lose some of their stars in the summer. It's make or break for them. If they make it then fine. But if it breaks they will be ruined for a decade.

And Madejski has been trying to sell the club for years now. But no one has come forward for RFC despite our fantastic location close to Heathrow airport. Despite our proximity to the playground that is London. No body of the financial resources necessary has been willing to buy the club. So what do you want? Just support the Mad man, pull together. He is doing his best with what he's got.

That last sentence is where I just don't agree I'm afraid.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 01 Sep 2010 18:51

Joe you are an idiot. If you think it is so easy why not go out and find someone to invest yourself. Grow up and go back to school. Sorry we have no big and expensive players for you to brag about but that is real life. When you are an adult you may understand or get Royal Blue to be a surrogate father (instead of his son who has stopped going to football with him) and then you can both whinge and moan to your hearts content.

joe999

by joe999 » 01 Sep 2010 18:55

Yellowcoat Joe you are an idiot. If you think it is so easy why not go out and find someone to invest yourself. Grow up and go back to school. Sorry we have no big and expensive players for you to brag about but that is real life. When you are an adult you may understand or get Royal Blue to be a surrogate father (instead of his son who has stopped going to football with him) and then you can both whinge and moan to your hearts content.

I'm not saying it's easy to find an investor. I'm saying the guy has millions and millions of pounds and is a football chairman. Spend it, or oxf*rd off.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 01 Sep 2010 19:03

Anyone able to fill me in on the precise location of the 'Islamic Republic'? And Joe- are you prepared to put your money into the club with no return? If not, I politely request you f off.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2010 23:03

I must admit to being somewhat surprised at the outcome. The only thing this proves is that football fans are a fickle bunch :lol:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 01 Sep 2010 23:17

joe999
Yellowcoat Joe you are an idiot. If you think it is so easy why not go out and find someone to invest yourself. Grow up and go back to school. Sorry we have no big and expensive players for you to brag about but that is real life. When you are an adult you may understand or get Royal Blue to be a surrogate father (instead of his son who has stopped going to football with him) and then you can both whinge and moan to your hearts content.

I'm not saying it's easy to find an investor. I'm saying the guy has millions and millions of pounds and is a football chairman. Spend it, or oxf*rd off.

...me, some people talk a load of shit.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 01 Sep 2010 23:25

joe999 Wow, I'm surprised you pulled your tongue out of Madejski's arsehole for long enough to type that.

Now that's a skill, typing with your tongue.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 01 Sep 2010 23:29

Voted yes because there's absolutely no evidence so far to say Madejski and Howe said "there's no money to spend on players".

Granted, McD said that some time back, but that was before the Hoff money.

As for Hammond, anyone who thinks he's doing a bad job getting those we want in low and those we want out high really should look again.