The Late Show

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Late Show

by Stranded » 30 Sep 2010 14:17

FiNeRaIn
Forbury Lion I'm surprised those fans who leave 5 minutes before the end to avoid traffic even bother turning up. They've missed 3 goals in our last 2 home games.

I can't believe people still don't understand the go and stand down the front concept until full time. Coming from the back row, I don't want to have to wait 15 mins to get out while people take their time and cut in front of me consistently the whole way. Hence, I go and stand down the front for the last few mins. What irks me is every time myself and others around me do this, then these pair of old bats always bark out " boring game was it, poor show", etc crap to that effect. Its without fail every time and I am about ready to be a prick about it now. Mind your own business, get on with your own self.

Same as, sit in HH but when the board goes up I head down the stairs and plant myself in an empty seat in the rows by the exits. There always is one and I am out to the bar or away as I need quite easily.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Sep 2010 14:21

FiNeRaIn
Forbury Lion I'm surprised those fans who leave 5 minutes before the end to avoid traffic even bother turning up. They've missed 3 goals in our last 2 home games.

I can't believe people still don't understand the go and stand down the front concept until full time. Coming from the back row, I don't want to have to wait 15 mins to get out while people take their time and cut in front of me consistently the whole way. Hence, I go and stand down the front for the last few mins. What irks me is every time myself and others around me do this, then these pair of old bats always bark out " boring game was it, poor show", etc crap to that effect. Its without fail every time and I am about ready to be a prick about it now. Mind your own business, get on with your own self.

Yup, I normally leave East Stand with 5 mins to go and stand in the North Stand on my way out to see the action and be in prime place for a sprint to the buses

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Sep 2010 14:29

Stranded
FiNeRaIn

Same as, sit in HH but when the board goes up I head down the stairs and plant myself in an empty seat in the rows by the exits. There always is one and I am out to the bar or away as I need quite easily.

climbing over the chairs means you dont have to wait anyway

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 30 Sep 2010 19:08

FiNeRaIn

One of the problems is that people like you make is that you annoy probably a dozen fans that have to get up to let you through, as well as obscuring the view of among others, the people that sit in the rows immediately on the level with the exits. You also kill the atmosphere generated by leaving a half empty stadium, and make the players wonder what they have to do to please you. For you to leave early is paramount to PREMATURE EJACULATION. People that leave early are irritating mongs, some of whom moan that there is no atmosphere at the Madstad.
Well finerain, do you struggle to hold yourself back when excited? Do you manage to get your trousers off before it's all over? Do you leave early because you have sticky trousers? The 'i can't last 20 seconds counseller' says; 'sit down' and 'hold yourself back until the other party is ready'.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Sep 2010 19:12

floyd__streete
PEARCEY What worries me is that Floyd started this thread. Is Floyd an RTG?

I was simply trying to point out how worrying it is that we rarely have games sewn up before the closing stages 8) .

Thats more like it Floydster. I was getting worried for a minute.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Sep 2010 19:14

oldebiscuit
FiNeRaIn

One of the problems is that people like you make is that you annoy probably a dozen fans that have to get up to let you through, as well as obscuring the view of among others, the people that sit in the rows immediately on the level with the exits. You also kill the atmosphere generated by leaving a half empty stadium, and make the players wonder what they have to do to please you. For you to leave early is paramount to PREMATURE EJACULATION. People that leave early are irritating mongs, some of whom moan that there is no atmosphere at the Madstad.
Well finerain, do you struggle to hold yourself back when excited? Do you manage to get your trousers off before it's all over? Do you leave early because you have sticky trousers? The 'i can't last 20 seconds counseller' says; 'sit down' and 'hold yourself back until the other party is ready'.

What a crap post. Clueless.

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 30 Sep 2010 19:43

LOL at people having a go at those who don't fancy queueing for ages to get out of the stadium and then car park. We actually substantially ease the burden on the rest of you by getting out and going sooner. The by product is that when those who choose to stay till the end come to leave there are less cars and thus everyone gets home quicker.

Perhaps some of us have other things on in our lives, and would prefer miss the odd goal or two so that we can get to them in decent time and thus be able to justify continuing to attend Reading FC matches.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 30 Sep 2010 20:50

Chillitsphil LOL at people having a go at those who don't fancy queueing for ages to get out of the stadium and then car park. We actually substantially ease the burden on the rest of you by getting out and going sooner. The by product is that when those who choose to stay till the end come to leave there are less cars and thus everyone gets home quicker.

Perhaps some of us have other things on in our lives, and would prefer miss the odd goal or two so that we can get to them in decent time and thus be able to justify continuing to attend Reading FC matches.

I think the post of Oldebiscuit is spot on and it appears to have gone straight over your head.
You can go after two minutes for all I care just don't get in my Fkuing way when I am trying to watch the game!

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 30 Sep 2010 23:13

Chillitsphil Perhaps some of us have other things on in our lives, and would prefer miss the odd goal or two so that we can get to them in decent time and thus be able to justify continuing to attend Reading FC matches.

Please, please, please. Someone help me ! What is happening to our club ?
Some of us would like to miss the odd goal or two ? How many goals do you think we actually score ? You would prefer to miss goals in order to justify continuing to attend matches? You need to seriously review your lifestyle.
You're in danger of making finerains posts look rational.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 01 Oct 2010 00:12

FiNeRaIn
oldebiscuit
FiNeRaIn

What a crap post. Clueless.

Struck a nerve there I think oldebiscuit!

Good post. How annoying is it when people get up to leave with minutes left, make others stand up to let them through, block people's views etc. Get a seat nearer an exit if it matters that much.

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 01 Oct 2010 03:21

I sit on the edge of the row so I don't disturb anyone. However if you're gonna have a go about that you may as well ban kids and half time - I have to get up every 5 seconds and miss parts of the game to let people with hotdogs in and 10 year olds who need to pee three times a game. What's the difference?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Oct 2010 09:15

Chillitsphil I sit on the edge of the row so I don't disturb anyone. However if you're gonna have a go about that you may as well ban kids and half time - I have to get up every 5 seconds and miss parts of the game to let people with hotdogs in and 10 year olds who need to pee three times a game. What's the difference?

Well said, I miss more of the game by letting people out to pee/ get food, back late for the 2nd half than I make people miss in my quick move down the steps to an empty seat at the bottom of the stand.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 01 Oct 2010 14:00

Have you ever considered coming into the game 5 minutes late?
Save you all the hassle of the crowds before the game.
Then you can stay till the end.

Still want you to keep out of my way though! :wink:

Magnus

by Magnus » 01 Oct 2010 14:50

Basically all seater stadia are pretty carp aren't they. As it watching Reading these days frankly.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Late Goals

by Snowball » 02 Nov 2010 13:37

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 57,00.html

Anybody would think I wrote that article...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Late Goals

by Snowball » 02 Nov 2010 13:44

Noel Hunt is talking up the fitness regime, but surely all sides are fit?

So are the late goals (10 out of the 22 in the last 15 minutes)

(a) Because we are fit?

(b) Because we just go for the win, go 4-4-2, chuck the kitchen-sink?

(c) Because Shane Long has done his softening up job?

(d) Because Church has come on a sub and is simply awesome?

I can remember being told that late subs have it easy and their goal-scoring ability is exaggerated because late goals are much easier to get.

Or is it a plan?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2010 13:46

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Nov 2010 14:11

Snowball http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2205057,00.html

Presumably that makes it factually inaccurate, misleading and as dull as dishwater.

I guess I won't be clicking on the link then!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 Nov 2010 14:40

Hoop Blah
Snowball http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2205057,00.html

Presumably that makes it factually inaccurate, misleading and as dull as dishwater

:lol: :lol:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 Nov 2010 18:12

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2205057,00.html

Anybody would think fLOLoyd___ wrote that article...

Or that he'd started a thread on the subject on The Team board on HNA? even