Re: Deadline Day

by No Hoops » 31 Jan 2011 15:53

Helicopter just landed at Hogwood.

Is it Torres? Is it?

OH FECK ITS FERDINAND BACK

Joe

by Joe » 31 Jan 2011 16:16

Meanwhile Gavin Hillery writes: "I just ate lunch in the Trent House by St. James' Park. Shane Long was in the corner having tea and a Boston cream. When giving me his autograph he said with a smirk that he had a 'sponsorship appointment'. Looks like Alan Pardew is planning for life after Andy Carroll." Shane Long. He was my favourite one in Boyzone.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... e-day-live

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Jan 2011 16:22

Torres is coming to RFC with Long plus £55 going the other way.

Personally I think we are being ripped off.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 31 Jan 2011 16:32

Woodcote Royal
comeonyouroyals BBC reporting West Ham want Long but Nicky Hammond has ruled it out and said...

"West Ham want Shane Long but Reading director of football Nick Hammond tells me 'no deals of any consequence today, just a few kids coming in'."

As I'm sure Snowball will confirm, Shane's too good for that Cockney shower these days!

Why guarantee Championship footy for yourself next season whilst there's still an outside chance of a campaign in the top flight with us?

I'm delighted to see our east end "friends" in such dire straits.

There's a manager in the north east who's just signed a five year contract and might fancy moving south to help them out :P

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 31 Jan 2011 16:43

Snowball Torres is coming to RFC with Long plus £55 going the other way.

Personally I think we are being ripped off.

£55 def being ripped off.

£5.50 maybe

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Jan 2011 17:39

Chillitsphil James Beattie mate, James Beattie.

:?:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 31 Jan 2011 17:40

Reading in not signing a player in Deadline Day shocker.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Jan 2011 18:24

LoyalRoyalFan Reading in not signing a player in Deadline Day shocker.

It wasn't like this in Tommy Burns' day.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Jan 2011 19:34

Very boring deadline day for us.

Assuming no one goes today this is the first time since the end of the 2005-6 season that we have not had a player leave during a transfer window.

All in all if no one goes it will have been an ok transfer window for us. Could have been better - could have been worse.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 31 Jan 2011 19:36

andrew1957 Very boring deadline day for us.

Assuming no one goes today this is the first time since the end of the 2005-6 season that we have not had a player leave during a transfer window.

All in all if no one goes it will have been an ok transfer window for us. Could have been better - could have been worse.

How (realistically) could it have been better, would you say? I'd have liked to see us bring in a left back, although I'm not sure about who's going. Otherwise, we've kept a squad looking good together, signed Legs till the end of the season (permanently then likely) and brought in some promising youngsters to cover the backline and increase competition up front.

I would have been very happy with all this had you offered it in December.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 31 Jan 2011 19:44

rhroyal

How (realistically) could it have been better, would you say? I'd have liked to see us bring in a left back, although I'm not sure about who's going. Otherwise, we've kept a squad looking good together, signed Legs till the end of the season (permanently then likely) and brought in some promising youngsters to cover the backline and increase competition up front.

+1

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Jan 2011 19:46

rhroyal

We have done this to death elsewhere but surely the issue is that Morrison and B Williams are very unlikely to feature this season. Manset might turn out to be a flop but could equally turn out to be an inspired signing. The jury is out.

But we have brought in no experienced players who are nailed on starters for the remaining 19 matches.

I do agree, however, that the main thing was holding on to what we have.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 31 Jan 2011 20:01

andrew1957
rhroyal

We have done this to death elsewhere but surely the issue is that Morrison and B Williams are very unlikely to feature this season. Manset might turn out to be a flop but could equally turn out to be an inspired signing. The jury is out.

But we have brought in no experienced players who are nailed on starters for the remaining 19 matches.

I do agree, however, that the main thing was holding on to what we have.

Mikele on loan until the end of the season...

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 31 Jan 2011 20:07

^^^

what he said. Turning-out to be the best addition we've seen.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 31 Jan 2011 20:12

We've signed two lads. Check Fordhams twitteroo.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 31 Jan 2011 20:20

@JonnyFordham: Also #readingfc have missed out on Dulwich Hamlets star Paul McCallum who will sign for an #epl club based in London.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 31 Jan 2011 20:21

West Ham

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 31 Jan 2011 20:23

Ethan Gage & Eric Opsahl sign until the end of the season. Both midfielders.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 Jan 2011 21:04

Skysports.com understand Brentford are set to take Nicholas Bignall on loan from Reading.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Feb 2011 00:49

RoyalJames101
rhroyal

+1

+2