All fans coming to Portman Road on Tuesday

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: All fans coming to Portman Road on Tuesday

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Mar 2011 17:16

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
ITFC_Keane Doesn't make me laugh Slammed. Doesn't make me laugh.

Makes me sick that we've become another Premier wannabe club with ideas above our perch. Our purported cheapest ST were we to make the promised land of the Prem btw is £800. It's currently £452 (for adults obviously. Kids and OAPs and students get it cheaper).

And we're supposed to be reducing our wage bill next season 'cos Keane (the useless bleeder) spent too much. He'll back Jewell to land his targets (supposedly Billy Sharp, Danny Graham, a right back and another midfielder) but Connor Wickham could be on his way to pay for it. Great.

Out of interest, a number of fans (who seem to think they are the majority, but aren't) are absolutely livid that Madejski isn't pumping in millions of his own money, or just budgeting was beyond income, in a quest for success.

As your chairman seems to think nothing of posting consecutive £12 million losses, what's the view among Ipswich fans of that approach to running a club.

Sorry Rev, but my gripe with SJM is that he is not prepared to invest any more into the club. The supporters have contributed far more than he has this season. He talks the talk about PL ambitions but he does not walk the walk.

£36 for Div 2 footie? Ouch :shock:

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Mar 2011 18:25

Terminal Boardom Sorry Rev, but my gripe with SJM is that he is not prepared to invest any more into the club. The supporters have contributed far more than he has this season. He talks the talk about PL ambitions but he does not walk the walk.

I was thinking more about the rather obsessed few, but the question remains the same, namely how much should he be "investing" every year to be acceptable in your eyes?

My biggest gripe is more one of (admittedly perceived) attitude, in that the club seems to have been coasting for the last few years.

ITFC_Keane

by ITFC_Keane » 06 Mar 2011 18:58

Makes me sick that we've become another Premier wannabe club with ideas above our perch. Our purported cheapest ST were we to make the promised land of the Prem btw is £800. It's currently £452 (for adults obviously. Kids and OAPs and students get it cheaper).

And we're supposed to be reducing our wage bill next season 'cos Keane (the useless bleeder) spent too much. He'll back Jewell to land his targets (supposedly Billy Sharp, Danny Graham, a right back and another midfielder) but Connor Wickham could be on his way to pay for it. Great.

Out of interest, a number of fans (who seem to think they are the majority, but aren't) are absolutely livid that Madejski isn't pumping in millions of his own money, or just budgeting was beyond income, in a quest for success.

As your chairman seems to think nothing of posting consecutive £12 million losses, what's the view among Ipswich fans of that approach to running a club.

Our view is that we are pathetically grateful to Evans for being there at all. Don't forget, we were in administration for years following our relegation from the PL in 2001/02, supposedly £50 million in debt after the collapse of ITV Digital and the building of two new stands (which was seen to be a good idea at the time when we'd just finished 5th in the PL and were looking forward to UEFA cup nights once again). We nearly didn't exist at all. Mr Evans has done nothing for ANY Town fan to be critical of him, yet, much like you and SJM, we are.The club under Keane stagnated and loads of fans dropped away. Usual story

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Mar 2011 20:14

ITFC_Keane

Our view is that we are pathetically grateful to Evans for being there at all. Don't forget, we were in administration for years following our relegation from the PL in 2001/02, supposedly £50 million in debt after the collapse of ITV Digital and the building of two new stands (which was seen to be a good idea at the time when we'd just finished 5th in the PL and were looking forward to UEFA cup nights once again). We nearly didn't exist at all. Mr Evans has done nothing for ANY Town fan to be critical of him, yet, much like you and SJM, we are.The club under Keane stagnated and loads of fans dropped away. Usual story

I don't think that I am alone in stating that ITFC_Keane is one of the more articulate posters that we get from other clubs. If only there were more like him / her.

The whole chairmanship issue of clubs is an emotive issue but for clubs to progress, they really do need investment from the Board of Directors if they are unable to be self financing. I don't think anyone can suggest that neither Madejski nor Evans, nor any other Chairman for that matter, has not contributed in the past. And I emphasise "in the past" especially. Football clubs, just like any other business organisation need investment to survive and progress. As to what shape that investment should take is a difficult question to answer and I don't have the answer.

I would have thought that it would be harder for ITFC supporters to accept the not so good times considering how successful they were in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Mar 2011 20:21

Wasn't ITFC_Keane the guy who boasted about the chances of Forster scoring more goals for them than our goalscorers during our 106 points season? Or am I thinking of some other Ipswich guy?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Mar 2011 20:22

SpaceCruiser Wasn't ITFC_Keane the guy who boasted about the chances of Forster scoring more goals for them than our goalscorers during our 106 points season? Or am I thinking of some other Ipswich guy?

May be the same guy, wasn't the same username.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 06 Mar 2011 21:27

Wasn't he just called ITFC? It wasn't this chap.

ITFC_Keane

by ITFC_Keane » 06 Mar 2011 22:40

Aaah Nicky Forster! No, it wasn't me. I did like NF when he was here, but we caught him late in his career, sadly, and he wasn't the goal machine we were hoping for. His general play and his "off-field" affability (signing kiddies' programmes and being happy to chat to them when certain other players turned their noses up) meant that he was well-liked at the club, though. If we'd had him when he was playing for you, we'd have cherished him. Much like we do all our renowned players from the past; Marcus Stewart, The Beat, Thijssen and Muhren, Terry Butcher, Mick Mills, Matty Holland, Titus Bramble, Scowie, Eric Gates, Ted Phillips and Ray Crawford from the sixties...we've had some great, great players.

Like any club, the past always seems rosier than the present. I bet even QPR fans still fantasise about Bowles and Ferdinand. I admit I have a soft spot for Reading, having enjoyed many a trip to the old Elm Park and Maj stadiums in the past (yes, even the Elm Park toilets didn't put me off!) and having been thrilled by some of the football you continue to play, even if times have changed. A massive part of me still hopes that you gatecrash the play-offs this season and beat Norwich in the semi's. Sadly, it's a season too soon for our lads, and we're a work in progress under PJ. Doesn't make me quite hope that you beat us on Tuesday night, but sincere best wishes and good luck for the remainder. And remember, before you all moan about your lot. Brian McDermott has done an amazing job for you, you've got players there who other teams can only envy, you're a force to be reckoned with and you play the game the way it was meant. Anything else is just a bonus, not a right, but, carry on the way you are and you'll be back up there sooner rather than later. And be thankful that at least you're not Sheffield United or Swindon!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 06 Mar 2011 22:46

ITFC_Keane His general play and his "off-field" affability

Read that as off-side for a minute there.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Mar 2011 00:54

SpaceCruiser Wasn't ITFC_Keane the guy who boasted about the chances of Forster scoring more goals for them than our goalscorers during our 106 points season? Or am I thinking of some other Ipswich guy?

T-Rex?

he stirs the pot...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Mar 2011 07:22

I approve of this ipswich fan.

We'll still get pumped on tuesday though, dubious sending off, deflected goal conceded and a perfectly good penalty appeal turned down.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Mar 2011 07:36

Mike Hunt

T-Rex?

he stirs the pot...

Nah, he's a PLOLymouth fan.

As said previosuly, our own favourite Ipswich fan was simply called "ITFC". The legendary Forster to get 15 thread is here:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21193&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Still worth a read.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 07 Mar 2011 09:30

ITFC_Keane Makes me sick that we've become another Premier wannabe club with ideas above our perch. Our purported cheapest ST were we to make the promised land of the Prem btw is £800. It's currently £452 (for adults obviously. Kids and OAPs and students get it cheaper).
I can't remember exactly where I read it (I have a feeling it was in the free Sky Sports magazine, but might be wrong), but taking the most expensive season tickets on offer by every Premier and football league club, Ipswich charge the fourth highest in the country. Only Chelsea, Arsenal and one other Prem team were higher.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2011 09:52

Platypuss
Mike Hunt

T-Rex?

he stirs the pot...

Nah, he's a PLOLymouth fan.

As said previosuly, our own favourite Ipswich fan was simply called "ITFC". The legendary Forster to get 15 thread is here:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21193&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Still worth a read.

Coppell's Right Footed 11, 01 Jul 2005 19:30
agreed, coppell is crap in the transfer market and can't attract players! as soon as we get rid of him and bring in a lively goood motivational manager the better. The club is boring me to death at the moment and so is coppell.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Mar 2011 09:53

Some classics on there that's for sure.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 07 Mar 2011 14:10

ITFC_Keane I did like NF

Ban this racist filth

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 07 Mar 2011 23:39

It'll be my first trip to Portman Road tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to eat before the game?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 07 Mar 2011 23:40

dantheloyalroyal It'll be my first trip to Portman Road tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to eat before the game?

Bradford Arms is quite nice m8

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Mar 2011 11:01

ITFC_Keane don't go thinking that we're another mediocre Championship team who'll roll over in your dogged pursuit of a play-off place :wink:

8)