for goodness sake Brian

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: for goodness sake Brian

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Apr 2011 07:51

Snowball A draw on Saturday is a monster result. A defeat is a very bad one hurting us and maybe kick-starting Forest who are a very, very good side.

Disagree re the second part of that - yes a defeat would be bad but I think the confidence in the squad is high enough to "take it on the chin" and kick on again.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 06 Apr 2011 08:25

Oh dear!

Can we change this to a BMcD appreciation thread, can't find one on the board although I'm sure there is one somewhere.

The gaffer epitomises the club at present, a club constantly punching above it's weight in the attempt to make it the norm.

I have rarely heard a manager mention the fans so often, in my opinion he has done a fantastic job with nearly all that he has done. Yes he will make mistakes on occasion but don't we all, at least he will hold his hands up and admit to them.

Nothing wrong with the selection last night bearing in mind what he had to play with.

Well done Brian on yet another fantastic display at the helm!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 Apr 2011 18:31

brendywendy early contender for most stupid thread of the year

i want to bring this up again because i took alot of stick that i chose not to rise to, I am one of brians admirers just like any loyal royal, and no i do not think its the most stupid thread of the year FFS just look at the mess every time thou voice gets on a keyboard, for the last half hour against Preston and 90 minutes today we showed just how awesome we can be when we stick two up top, its just the one up front option at home that i find mystifying, the flak i got for just expressing a honest opinion was not really callled for. :mrgreen:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Apr 2011 18:38

Chaney

i want to bring this up again because i took alot of stick that i chose not to rise to, I am one of brians admirers just like any loyal royal, and no i do not think its the most stupid thread of the year FFS just look at the mess every time thou voice gets on a keyboard, for the last half hour against Preston and 90 minutes today we showed just how awesome we can be when we stick two up top, its just the one up front option at home that i find mystifying, the flak i got for just expressing a honest opinion was not really callled for. :mrgreen:

We did also conceed three goals with two upfront.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 Apr 2011 18:41

Ian Royal
Chaney

We did also conceed three goals with two upfront.

then why go attacking away from but play ultra cautious at home?

Dave Gale

by Dave Gale » 09 Apr 2011 20:19

Didn't we move away from 4-4-2 because Leigertwood has been injured and Brian doesn't think we can play an effective 4-4-2 without him in there. He is back fit now, so goes back to that formation?

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 09 Apr 2011 20:26

Dave Gale Didn't we move away from 4-4-2 because Leigertwood has been injured and Brian doesn't think we can play an effective 4-4-2 without him in there. He is back fit now, so goes back to that formation?

It looks like that.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 09 Apr 2011 20:32

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 09 Apr 2011 20:49

Arch Without the benefit of having seen the game, I didn't find Chaney's post worthy of so much derision. It's an appeal for ambition over conservatism and right now I'd back that. We're not in such a secure spot right now, but an all guns blazing approach on Saturday would go a long way. Everyone we play will be approaching us as the form team to neutralize. What better way to counter that than with an irresistible assault from the outset - I'd call it 4-2-4 rather than 4-4-2. Not time to be timid this weekend.

[Thou Voice mode]Clearly his Brianship has read my contribution and taken it to Harte! Don't you see?[/Thou Voice mode]

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Apr 2011 16:35

brian will pick teh team and formation that he believes most likely to get a win.
believe mit or not, that is not always going to be 442
live with ity, and get your head out of the 70s