Madjeski fans

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Madjeski fans

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Aug 2011 16:31

the problem is though, if Madejski wants the buyer to run the club like a business as well, there wont be any changes. To take the playing squad and stadium to the next level will cost millions, and that would be classed as reckless not tight ship like he wants

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2011 16:43

Rob-Royal
brendywendy
Rob-Royal Friday, good post - you could also add that just because you can doesn't mean you 'have' to respond to every single thread a hundred times!!

They all know who they are! And worse, because of that they seem to think this makes them more qualified!

I wonder how many of us go back to 94 when this all started and now can't be bothered anymore...maybe we should do a poll?! :lol:

LOL

isnt this post, and indeed the whole thread just a thinly veiled "stop disagreeing with me"

Yeah it's all about you - 37,000 posts and counting, all of them meaningful contributions - congratulations!

I thought about you the other day when walking down the bread isle in tesco's until I looked again and it said Thick Cut.......

And there it is. The first piece of mindless abuse of the thread. You knew it couldn't be long.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Aug 2011 16:48

roadrunner has said all I'd want to say on this thread. (Apart from I'm always suspicious when threads start off with something along the lines of 'why can't we disagree without getting nasty?' As BW says, it's often a thinly-veiled plea for 'agree with me'. Oh, and how could any Reading fan of more than 2 weeks' standing spell his name incorrectly? FFS!)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 16:50

WoodleyRoyal the problem is though, if Madejski wants the buyer to run the club like a business as well, there wont be any changes. To take the playing squad and stadium to the next level will cost millions, and that would be classed as reckless not tight ship like he wants

dont think hed care- if his price is matched, and he believes the man to be honourable, and a good business man, hel'll sell, and itll be down to the new man to set the plans and budgets he sees fit

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 16:51

Rob-Royal
brendywendy i gave you my sensible, restrained and considered opinion on the OP thanks.
and i have no idea what my post count, or the inherrant meaningfulness of any post on an internet forum has to do with owt.

but top, top, comedy stylings anyway.

Comedy Stylings???? There goes another rib!

i could say the same m8, but i wont.....

you got all heated and abusive and personal.
and then got more so when i pointed it out.

just let it go.
Last edited by brendywendy on 17 Aug 2011 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2011 16:51

Man Friday roadrunner has said all I'd want to say on this thread. (Apart from I'm always suspicious when threads start off with something along the lines of 'why can't we disagree without getting nasty?' As BW says, it's often a thinly-veiled plea for 'agree with me'. ...

It's a lot like where two people are having an equally heated debate and one says "stop shouting." There's really not much you can do except shrug.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Aug 2011 16:52

brendywendy
WoodleyRoyal the problem is though, if Madejski wants the buyer to run the club like a business as well, there wont be any changes. To take the playing squad and stadium to the next level will cost millions, and that would be classed as reckless not tight ship like he wants

dont think hed care- if his price is matched, and he believes the man to be honourable, and a good business man, hel'll sell, and itll be down to the new man to set the plans and budgets he sees fit

there in lies the problem though there are no honourable people who want to invest in football

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 16:56

WoodleyRoyal
brendywendy

there in lies the problem though there are no honourable people who want to invest in football

then im happy to stay with JM, and only spend what we bring in.

manny96

by manny96 » 17 Aug 2011 17:05

Z175 My dream is not that he will sell to a billionnaire, my dream is that he will donate the club to STAR.

Fair. I'd be concerned they'd be more vulnerable to the short-termism of many fans. Even an established model of fan ownership like Barcelona has left them in stonking amounts of debt and doing idiotic deals like for Fabregas, to satiate the fans who elected Rossell on the populist promise that he'd get his man. I'm sure there are good, fair and sustainable ways for a club to be run by fans, like the German model of at least 50% fan control. But I just sometimes think we're too dumb...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 17:10

Z175 My dream is not that he will sell to a billionnaire, my dream is that he will donate the club to STAR.

i do wonder if thats what is being done currently with the profits from the last few years.
would be a suitably grandiose, and publicly welcomed gesture for the great man.
Last edited by brendywendy on 17 Aug 2011 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2011 17:11

manny96

Fair. I'd be concerned they'd be more vulnerable to the short-termism of many fans. Even an established model of fan ownership like Barcelona has left them in stonking amounts of debt and doing idiotic deals like for Fabregas, to satiate the fans who elected Rossell on the populist promise that he'd get his man. I'm sure there are good, fair and sustainable ways for a club to be run by fans, like the German model of at least 50% fan control. But I just sometimes think we're too dumb...

Good point, Plato.

manny96

by manny96 » 17 Aug 2011 17:14

Arch
manny96

Good point, Plato.

Ta. :wink:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 17 Aug 2011 17:15

WoodleyRoyal
brendywendy

Au contraire, I consider myself to be very honourable, and I am keen to invest in football. Sadly, Madejski has refused every offer I've made to him yet.

On another note, this is just one of those debates that will never get sorted, and is fairly boring to chat about because everyone's views are so entrenched. So I would possibly argue that, just by posting about it, you're making matters worse.
Can't we just have debates about things like: who was better: Jimmy Quinn or Mick Gooding?
(I'd definitely argue that his subsequent career as a manager who wore a flat cap gives Quinn a serious advantage)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 17:16

quinn every time
flat cap or not!

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 17 Aug 2011 17:21

I thought about you the other day when walking down the bread isle in tesco's until I looked again and it said Thick Cut.......[/quote]
And there it is. The first piece of mindless abuse of the thread. You knew it couldn't be long.[/quote]

Oh FFS!! :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Aug 2011 17:22

roadrunner
Do I want Madejski out? No I don't. But I do want to see someone fresh to come in who has dreams and ambition to make this a big club, who will spend more adventuriously but also within reason, and who will have the clubs best interests at heart and not their own. Sadly, there isn't many out there like that.

Whose money do you think they will spend?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 17:24

Rob-Royal I thought about you the other day when walking down the bread isle in tesco's until I looked again and it said Thick Cut.......

And there it is. The first piece of mindless abuse of the thread. You knew it couldn't be long.[/quote]

Oh FFS!! :roll:[/quote]

first mindless abuse.
now uncontrolled swearing.
awful scenes

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Aug 2011 17:25

oh the irony :lol:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 17 Aug 2011 17:38

Madejski values the club at £100m whereas its probably only worth £50m.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 17 Aug 2011 17:41

brendywendy quinn every time
flat cap or not!

Quinn without the flat cap over local radio's version of David Lloyd -where's your justification for that? The flat cap is everything