Are we still a club?

buy a share for £2,000(voting rights+customised carsticker saying"I own Reading FC")?

Yes I'd buy 1 share
44%
I'd buy more than 1 share
10%
No
27%
This is preposterous yet I am aroused but not thoroughly convinced by your rather simplistic metrics
20%

Total votes: 41
Red
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Are we still a club?

by Red » 24 Aug 2011 20:58

The Prisoner But anyone who thinks fan run clubs are the way ahead needs to go and form AFC Reading Royals in Abrakebabra League Division 4 and "enjoy the power"

Happy to put a few quid into this if anyone else sets it up.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 25 Aug 2011 08:44

As I see it, SJM has about 1.7M shares, STAR has 210. Not 210k, just 210. For the fans to take control, we'd need to buy 850,000+ shares. At £2,000 each the fans would need £1.7B. Ok that valuation is ridiculous, but the point is for 850,000 shares over maybe 25,000 fans would be 34 shares each. It's anyone's guess what the shares would cost, but I don't think in any way this is a realistic proposal. I think using SJM's plan of waiting for a billionaire is much easier.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Aug 2011 08:50

Friday's Legacy
AmazingMan Are the fans prepared to takeover the club?

this would be the worst thing to happen to the club! for a start you'd never raise the £60m you'd need, and secondly even if you could purchase the club you couldn't cope with the wage bill, let alone provide funds for transfers.
john madejski has overseen three(?) signings this summer that must amount to around £1.7m now. is that really not good enough? on the contrary, it's a good level of investment from the chairman.
this club is in the safest hands it could be in. sadly there's a bunch of kids that support the club these days that think if you sell someone for in excess of £5m you must spend all of it on new players.

It's about 15% of transfer fees received.

And if Leigertwood is being put into this year's figures, last year's was about 5% of transfer fees received.

No, it isn't really good enough.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Aug 2011 11:56

Oooh! Can we talk about whether SJM's invested enough money in the club again please?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2011 12:18

Schards#2
Friday's Legacy
AmazingMan Are the fans prepared to takeover the club?

this would be the worst thing to happen to the club! for a start you'd never raise the £60m you'd need, and secondly even if you could purchase the club you couldn't cope with the wage bill, let alone provide funds for transfers.
john madejski has overseen three(?) signings this summer that must amount to around £1.7m now. is that really not good enough? on the contrary, it's a good level of investment from the chairman.
this club is in the safest hands it could be in. sadly there's a bunch of kids that support the club these days that think if you sell someone for in excess of £5m you must spend all of it on new players.

It's about 15% of transfer fees received.

And if Leigertwood is being put into this year's figures, last year's was about 5% of transfer fees received.

No, it isn't really good enough.

But then a further 30%+ is being reinvested into wages as we run our wage budget too high for our standard income. Which makes it about 45%+

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Aug 2011 12:30

mr_number Oooh! Can we talk about whether SJM's invested enough money in the club again please?

This isn't about SJM investing HIS money into the club - it's about investing the profit we make on players. But I can't be bothered to talk about it anymore.

*until the next time

:wink:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 25 Aug 2011 12:30

£2000 per share????? Are you mental... oxf*rd that I'm out!!! Especially when you can buy Juventus shares for € 0.80 each

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Aug 2011 12:38

mr_number How about we all give it a test run, pick a cheap club, then see how we do. I say Oxford.

:lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Aug 2011 12:57

pea
mr_number How about we all give it a test run, pick a cheap club, then see how we do. I say Oxford.

:lol:

IN!

First things first sell the Kassam to a supermarket to raise some money, tell them about our black hole, divide the profits up, sell any player worth anything, tell them about the black hole, divide the profits up, promote some kids, arrange ground share at Oxford City and sell for the lols.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Aug 2011 18:08

roadrunner First things first sell the Kassam to a supermarket to raise some money, tell them about our black hole, divide the profits up, sell any player worth anything, tell them about the black hole, divide the profits up, promote some kids, arrange ground share at Oxford City and sell for the lols.

And once we've done this, we can take the profits, do the same with Swindon, take the profits, and buy Reading. I can't believe we haven't thought of this earlier.