Celebrations ruined

134 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Celebrations ruined

by LUX » 11 Sep 2011 15:15

Barney To the originator of this thread...if you have GENUINELY supported Reading FC for 60+ years then trust me, times have been a lot worse than this.
You clearly do not remember the early 1970s (when we couldn't even get out of the 4th division). You don't remember the early 1980s when some crowds were less than 2000. You don't remember nearly going out of existence with Maxwell.

Yeah it hurt yesterday. Yeah it ruined my weekend. Yeah it's horrible being 2nd bottom of the table. Will I be back against Doncaster...YEP.
And will I be renewing my ST next season (in whatever division we are in)?....YEP.

Point is....you enjoy the good times and roll with the bad times. That is what being a supporter is about.

Good old Norcot common sense, spot on!

zummerset

by zummerset » 11 Sep 2011 15:21

To be honest R&A i would forget about this rant, have a beer and put it down to pissed posting....its always my excuse card ready to hand out

(and there's plenty of keyboard warriors on here who do the same week on week)
No one wants to lose a supporter of your age, experience and contribution to the club.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 15:43

MeMeMe
Friday's Legacy
Royal & Ancient So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

and we don't need plastic supporters like you either. i'd rather have a crowd of 6000 again than idiots like you who sit there and bitch all the time.

i don't care what division we are in, i'll be there every week like i have been for the last 25 years.

in for away to crawley on a wet tuesday evening!

Don't think you can really call him a plastic supporter... you missed the bit..."in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club". So he will have been there through all divs, Elm Park, thick and thin !.

to walk away because we're struggling is ridiculous, whatever you want to call it.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 11 Sep 2011 15:57

Plastic & Ancient tbf.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 12 Sep 2011 12:31

Royal & Ancient Well thank you R.F.C. for ruining our week. Our Golden Wedding anniversary, superb meal out with loads of friends, big home party with even more and then we go on Saturday to one of the worst games that I can remember in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club. And certainly this is my last as I, as well as the Chairman, can no longer afford to support such dross. My shirt will now be used to clean the car and whether I use my S/T again is open to doubt.Angry - you bet I am.
And, I know that some of you will defend him, but if you get such a negative outlook from SJM (I refuse to recognise the 'gongs' ) then this spreads right through the whole Club and now the supporters! Just thank goodness we did not use the expensive hospitality suite.
So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

go then!!....league 1, league 2, non-league, whatever league, i will be there.....this club does not need plastic supporters who dip out when the going gets tough! bye!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Sep 2011 12:34

LOL at letting football ruin your weekend.

Those days a long behind me.

You've put up with your doris for 60 plus years so surely the football is just a shrug of the shoulders?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2011 13:09

Wife = 50 years = Golden

RFC = 60 years = Diamond

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 13:13

Royal & Ancient Well thank you R.F.C. for ruining our week. Our Golden Wedding anniversary, superb meal out with loads of friends, big home party with even more and then we go on Saturday to one of the worst games that I can remember in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club. And certainly this is my last as I, as well as the Chairman, can no longer afford to support such dross. My shirt will now be used to clean the car and whether I use my S/T again is open to doubt.Angry - you bet I am.
And, I know that some of you will defend him, but if you get such a negative outlook from SJM (I refuse to recognise the 'gongs' ) then this spreads right through the whole Club and now the supporters! Just thank goodness we did not use the expensive hospitality suite.
So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

au revoir.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 13:14

MeMeMe
Friday's Legacy
Royal & Ancient So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

and we don't need plastic supporters like you either. i'd rather have a crowd of 6000 again than idiots like you who sit there and bitch all the time.

i don't care what division we are in, i'll be there every week like i have been for the last 25 years.

in for away to crawley on a wet tuesday evening!

Don't think you can really call him a plastic supporter... you missed the bit..."in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club". So he will have been there through all divs, Elm Park, thick and thin !.

clearly hes forgotten about all the dogshit we saw back then when describing it as one of the worst games hes ever seen.
there are clearly hundreds of worse games.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 13:15

ankeny
Muguire
Goodbye!!!!

TBF you could be in your box before the season's out anyway :!:

No wonder this board is going downhill with nasty ignorant tossers like you on here,show some fukin respect you nerd.

why?

and lol at allowing football to ruin aything other than the 90 minutes its actualy happening, and possibly the journey home.
Last edited by brendywendy on 12 Sep 2011 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Sep 2011 13:16

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Sep 2011 13:24

And, I know that some of you will defend him, but if you get such a negative outlook from SJM (I refuse to recognise the 'gongs' ) then this spreads right through the whole Club and now the supporters!

R&A I share your anger but surely you mean JM rather than SJM, otherwise you are recognising the gongs! If you are using the shirt to clean the car, how about using the S/T to scrape the ice of the windscreen when winter arrives (now is our winter of discontent.........).

Despite the waste of money on my S/T, thank goodness I now have the competing interests of my kids playing football on Saturdays. When you get to the Western PL you are more likely to see the Chairman of the club serving by behind the bar than inviting his 'fans' to applaud him!

East Stand Ste
Goodbye!!!!

go then!!....league 1, league 2, non-league, whatever league, i will be there.....this club does not need plastic supporters who dip out when the going gets tough! bye!

Oh how wrong you are! When you are operating the Madejski business model of football they need all the supporters they can get to spend their money and that includes the 'plastics'.

The truth is, of course, that R&A is probably about as far from a plastic as you can get. He no doubt has pumped a fortune into supporting the club. When the consequences of Madejski’s financial prudence drive supporters like that away, the club (sorry business) is in deep shyte.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 12 Sep 2011 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2011 13:26

brendywendy
ankeny
Muguire TBF you could be in your box before the season's out anyway :!:

No wonder this board is going downhill with nasty ignorant tossers like you on here,show some fukin respect you nerd.

why?

and lol at allowing football to ruin aything other than the 90 minutes its actualy happening, and possibly the journey home.

Yeah, surely that's the wife's job.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Sep 2011 13:36

LUX
Barney To the originator of this thread...if you have GENUINELY supported Reading FC for 60+ years then trust me, times have been a lot worse than this.
You clearly do not remember the early 1970s (when we couldn't even get out of the 4th division). You don't remember the early 1980s when some crowds were less than 2000. You don't remember nearly going out of existence with Maxwell.

Yeah it hurt yesterday. Yeah it ruined my weekend. Yeah it's horrible being 2nd bottom of the table. Will I be back against Doncaster...YEP.
And will I be renewing my ST next season (in whatever division we are in)?....YEP.

Point is....you enjoy the good times and roll with the bad times. That is what being a supporter is about.

OMG not that load of crap again! :twisted: Yes, and whilst we are at it we should no doubt consider ourselves lucky that we have houses and no longer have to live in mud huts!
Times have moved on, we have progressed. The fact that things were far worse in the past should not mean that we have to put up with being dragged backwards again from where we had progressed to.

No doubt we will also be reminded of how poor Elm Park was and how lucky we are to have a fantastic stadium named after his Ego. That however, completely overlooks the fact that numerous other clubs have also upgraded to new stadia from their equivalent of Elm Park. Decent stadia are becoming very much the norm. Even no league clubs are starting to get grounds that are an improvement from good old Elm Park!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 13:39

anyone who required guaranteed entertainment, spending and success to justify their investment surely would never have supported reading in the first place?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Sep 2011 13:41

brendywendy anyone who required guaranteed entertainment, spending and success to justify their investment surely would never have supported reading in the first place?

or indeed any football team.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2011 13:42

Football plays way too important a part in some people's lives. :|

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Sep 2011 13:46

He's getting old though, so he can't remember what the last match was like let alone one back in the Burns era....

I hope he also forgets where he put his computer.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Sep 2011 13:46

Royal Rother Football plays way too important a part in some people's lives. :|

You sound like Mrs LR.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 12 Sep 2011 13:50

RoyalBlue
LUX

OMG not that load of crap again! :twisted: Yes, and whilst we are at it we should no doubt consider ourselves lucky that we have houses and no longer have to live in mud huts!
Times have moved on, we have progressed. The fact that things were far worse in the past should not mean that we have to put up with being dragged backwards again from where we had progressed to.

No doubt we will also be reminded of how poor Elm Park was and how lucky we are to have a fantastic stadium named after his Ego. That however, completely overlooks the fact that numerous other clubs have also upgraded to new stadia from their equivalent of Elm Park. Decent stadia are becoming very much the norm. Even no league clubs are starting to get grounds that are an improvement from good old Elm Park!

RB - I'll say what I like, when I like. Whether you agree with me or not is of zero interest to me.
My point was, it is ridiculous to say that Saturdays game was the worst (or one of the worst)in SIXTY years...because it wasn't. It was bad - no argument. One of the very worst in the last 1,300 home matches...er NO.

134 posts