82%
Ship him out
18%

Total votes: 91
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Kebe - Stay or Go

by Hoop Blah » 16 Dec 2011 17:12

I think Cypry makes a good point that there may be more advantages to keeping him etc etc.

My take on it would be to help ship him out though. This team is work in progress and this season is probably more about building for next season. With that in mind I rather see us trying to replace Kebe now so that we're not doing it late in the summer like all the other key players we've had to replace over the last few years.

It's most likely, IMO, that he'll have his move sorted out in January (he can agree a contract with an overseas club from Jan 1st I think) and I'd rather not have any player seeing out their contract whilst we're playing their wages and playing them ahead of a player who's more likely to be part of our longer future.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 Dec 2011 17:51

melonhead lol

ok captain serious.

i was just saying it cos i love him

Socks on cocks demo out of respect to the great man.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Dec 2011 18:23

Sign him up- but if we're going to ship him out, do it in January.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 16 Dec 2011 18:58

Go for a fee in January? Yes. Leave on a free at the end of the season? No.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 16 Dec 2011 19:07

i just love watching how quick the guy is!! No quicker player in world football! Maybe Lavezzi and walcott!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Dec 2011 19:07

M-U-R-T-Y
sandman
buddy1983 Go for me just because more often then not he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else

We'd all rather be elsewhere most of the time.

Shall we forgive Torres then?

What's Torres done to us?

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 16 Dec 2011 19:09

Not us. Football in general.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Dec 2011 20:56

Stretch the budget a bit more and keep him. If he goes I will only be mildly satisfied if his wages helps secures Gylfi on loan.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 17 Dec 2011 10:40

paultheroyal Stretch the budget a bit more and keep him. If he goes I will only be mildly satisfied if his wages helps secures Gylfi on loan.

Can't see that happening mate.

We need to know whether Kebe's just after a few extra quid, or wants to leave. He's in his late 20's now and probably fancies top flight football for a few seasons while he's still got good pace.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2011 11:15

Svlad Cjelli Sign him up at whatever cost it takes? I wouldn't sign up Messi at whatever cost it takes.

He's rejected what he was offered, so if he doesn't want to play here that's his option. In the vast majority of situations in the past where the club has refused to be blackmailed (Cureton, Sidwell, Bremner and many, many, more) the club has always carried on and the player has found out that perhpas they might have been better off staying here after all.

PS - not giving into blackmail and refusing to shift the whole wage structure of the club for one player (because making an "exception" for one will have an effect on the salaries of them all before very long) is one of the definitions of "well-run".

I thought the argument was more about the length of contract offered and that there was already precedence with other players being offered longer?

Seem to recall that the club also acknowledged (to Mr Fordham) that they were paying some of the lowest wages in the Championship. Now that might be some people's definition of 'well run' but there are consequences to that i.e. your better players are always looking to move on and your manager can never keep a talented squad together for long enough to mount a serious promotion push right from the start of the season. Monkeys seem to struggle to perform to the required standard in any job.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2011 12:28

How come all the evidence of our wage bill in past seasons is that it's pretty well in the top 10 then?

Other players got longer contracts because they didn't hold out for the same level of wage that Kebe is asking for. He can have the money he wants for a year, or he can have a three year deal on less. Simple and spot on.

warrpp

by warrpp » 17 Dec 2011 14:20

Seem to recall that the club also acknowledged (to Mr Fordham) that they were paying some of the lowest wages in the Championship

no.....the club didn't say that to him....that was likely him reading this messageboard and then giving his opinion in the paper based on what he's read on here (that loads of people seem to think we are amongst the lowest payers in the championship).

latest accounts show (i think) that we payed approx £15 million in wages, which was in the top half of wage bills in this division, and quite a bit above teams like forest (which surprised me).