Ball over the stadium

Beef

Re: Ball over the stadium

by Beef » 30 Jan 2012 17:49

I'm with Yateley Royal, I am sure Sonko hoofed it out once although I cant remember who against.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 30 Jan 2012 18:04

RoyalBlue
TBM
Friday's Legacy
indeed. i think you're mistaken tbm, i'm certain of it. everyone's eyes are on the ball and there would have been a reaction to the ball clearing the roof, and there wasn't.

as for james after the final whistle, no idea. no one else seems to have mentioned it.

:roll:

I was sat in the West Stand on Saturday........it went over twice, why would i lie :?

If you were sat in the West Stand, how could you see? :?

Whereas, those of us sat opposite in the East Stand were extremely well positioned to see.

I too sit in the West stand and saw it go up and not come down. Think that means it went over even if I can't see the roof from where I sit 8)

Also, sitting near the dug outs, saw the 4th official supply a different ball to keep the game going.

royal67

by royal67 » 30 Jan 2012 18:05

The ball definately made it onto the roof of the west stand and we heard it rolling down the slope. I sit in the very back row of the upper west and the noise it made woke me up.........

Forty

by Forty » 30 Jan 2012 18:07

Beef I'm with Yateley Royal, I am sure Sonko hoofed it out once although I cant remember who against.

Sonko didn't hoof it ot - it just hit the lights and came back in.
To the best of my knowledge, yesterday (sat) was the first and second time it's gone out.

Probably sat in Mr M's roof terrace

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 30 Jan 2012 18:18

wingnut The ball was definitely kicked over the west stand twice as TBM says. A replacement ball was thrown onto the pitch pretty swiftly after the first time and, as already said, the second time was at the end of the game.

I thought multi-balls were banned this season?

Does that mean we can also have 7 subs, so long as 2 of them are just loitering about outside in the car park?

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 30 Jan 2012 18:23

wingnut The ball was definitely kicked over the west stand twice as TBM says. A replacement ball was thrown onto the pitch pretty swiftly after the first time and, as already said, the second time was at the end of the game.

'greed. The ball went over twice.

Didn't Doyle also kick it out a couple of seasons ago as well?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 30 Jan 2012 18:25

grey_squirrel

Does that mean we can also have 7 subs, so long as 2 of them are just loitering about outside in the car park?

Multi-ball is different to having SPARE balls!

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 30 Jan 2012 18:32

Re: Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

Page 1

Ken Dodd My only highlight of a cold drab game was seeing the ball leave the stadium over the west stand roof twice! I can't recall that ever happening since we moved to the Madejski?!?!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 30 Jan 2012 18:36

peterroyal76
grey_squirrel

Multi-ball is different to having SPARE balls!

Irony is lost on you isn't it?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Jan 2012 18:37

I thought James did them both tbf

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 30 Jan 2012 18:38

Not really ironic though was it?

mx

by mx » 30 Jan 2012 18:47

CavershamRoyal

'greed. The ball went over twice.

That's certainly what it looked like from the North.
On the first one, the defender immediately put his head in his hands. I think he thought it was the final whistle (as did I), realised it wasn't and thought he was in for a yellow for kicking the ball away. Not sure who it was or whether he had already been booked. Ref either didn't see it, or pretended not too. Would have been a harsh booking, but very funny. :twisted: :oops:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 30 Jan 2012 18:54

YateleyRoyal I'm sure Sonko did it more than once in his time....

I recall it from him once out over the south stand roof.

The Cube

by The Cube » 30 Jan 2012 18:59

The only previous time the ball went out the stadium was during added time in March 2009 when the Charlton goalkeeper was trying to waste time. It was a kick out of his hands from the South End that went over the East Stand roof. It worked very well, because the referee did not play anything more than had been shown on the board, and the game ended in a draw.

Because everyone was concentrating on trying to get a winning goal the fact that the ball went out of play went almost unnoticed. As you can see from this Saturday, the ball can be kicked out the stadium twice in a couple of minutes and still some people can't see it.

Sonko never kicked it out, but he came very close once - I think against Bradford. It hit the edge of the roof but came back down.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 30 Jan 2012 19:01

royalexile
YateleyRoyal I'm sure Sonko did it more than once in his time....

I recall it from him once out over the south stand roof.

Someone has done it before and I'm certain it was Sonko if not him then it was either Duberry or Bikey.

Ken Dodd

by Ken Dodd » 30 Jan 2012 19:16

Royal Prince Re: Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

Page 1

Ken Dodd My only highlight of a cold drab game was seeing the ball leave the stadium over the west stand roof twice! I can't recall that ever happening since we moved to the Madejski?!?!

Errm - i never wrote that :?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Jan 2012 19:17

I wonder how many times Hicksy would have managed it?

Optimist

by Optimist » 30 Jan 2012 19:30

I was also in the West, two balls went out of the stadium in the space of 5 minutes of each other and there was a massive cheer for the first (the second James did at the final whistle so not as many people noticed). After the first the 4th official had to throw a new ball on, which because of no multiball system means it must have gone out.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 30 Jan 2012 20:00

Sonko was the closest I've seen anyone come, and if that neanderthal couldn't manage it I don't think there are many that can.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jan 2012 20:44

westendgirl
RoyalBlue
TBM :roll:

I was sat in the West Stand on Saturday........it went over twice, why would i lie :?

If you were sat in the West Stand, how could you see? :?

Whereas, those of us sat opposite in the East Stand were extremely well positioned to see.

I too sit in the West stand and saw it go up and not come down. Think that means it went over even if I can't see the roof from where I sit 8)

Also, sitting near the dug outs, saw the 4th official supply a different ball to keep the game going.

I stand corrected. Maybe I had gone for a pee when it happened.