^ +1

^ +2

... so far.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Player(s) of The Season

by Maguire » 13 Feb 2012 10:10

Z175 For me Karacan is an odd choice given his lack of goals, assists and our teams refusal to play in centre midfield. Appreciate his effort, but for me its the back 3 of Feds, Gorkss and Pearce who are our crucial performers

Totally agree with you. Bit suprised to see the Karacan love-in given that all our creativity comes from wide and he rarely gets near the goal. Don't get me wrong, i'm not slagging him off, just don't think you can look past that back three upon which our team is built.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Feb 2012 10:58

effort player, runs around alot, great engine, plus hes home grown.

pretty unsurprising.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Feb 2012 11:18

melonhead effort player, runs around alot, great engine, plus hes home grown.

pretty unsurprising.

Oh yeah, Parkinson's Disease

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 13 Feb 2012 11:39

I don't understand why Karacan is loved by so many. I really don't see his value. OK yes he can run around a lot and puts a foot in here and there. But his passing and first touch are really not good enough! I don't mind he doesn't get that many goals because he will never be that player, but I expect his passing and ball retention to be a lot higher. Jem needs to be the guy keeping the tempo up and keeping the ball ticking over. (Along the floor) Needs to emulate James Harper

Gorkks
Pearce
Fed

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Feb 2012 15:19

rfc2001 I don't understand why Karacan is loved by so many. I really don't see his value. OK yes he can run around a lot and puts a foot in here and there. But his passing and first touch are really not good enough! I don't mind he doesn't get that many goals because he will never be that player, but I expect his passing and ball retention to be a lot higher. Jem needs to be the guy keeping the tempo up and keeping the ball ticking over. (Along the floor) Needs to emulate James Harper

Gorkks
Pearce
Fed

hes 21

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Feb 2012 15:21

melonhead
rfc2001 I don't understand why Karacan is loved by so many. I really don't see his value. OK yes he can run around a lot and puts a foot in here and there. But his passing and first touch are really not good enough! I don't mind he doesn't get that many goals because he will never be that player, but I expect his passing and ball retention to be a lot higher. Jem needs to be the guy keeping the tempo up and keeping the ball ticking over. (Along the floor) Needs to emulate James Harper

Gorkks
Pearce
Fed

hes 21

Jem? He's 23 next week.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Feb 2012 15:21

Maguire
melonhead effort player, runs around alot, great engine, plus hes home grown.

pretty unsurprising.

Oh yeah, Parkinson's Disease

:lol:
you can call it that if you like.
parky was a hero for a reason though.

some people vote for the player who is the most skillful, some for the most consistent, some for the one who scores the most goals, others for the one who gives the most to the team, and some people pick the player who never stops running and doesnt get as much credit as all the other players.

all are valid forms of assessing your player of the season

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Feb 2012 15:22

Snowball
melonhead

Gorkks
Pearce
Fed

hes 21

Jem? He's 23 next week.

hes 22 then

only 1 out :lol:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 13 Feb 2012 17:36

The 4 choices are being echoed over and over.

I don't think Feds will get it, too many people bitter about McCarthy not playing.

So it will be Gorkks, Pearce or Karacan.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Feb 2012 18:59

moo The 4 choices are being echoed over and over.

I don't think Feds will get it, too many people bitter about McCarthy not playing.

still plenty of time for someone else to turn it around

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 13 Feb 2012 19:28

So far it's got to be Gorkks for his calm, assured, steadingly influence of the back 4. The defensive stats speak for themselves and his presence alone has made Pearce more self assured and confident. Great signing.

Supporting roles to Fed and Karacan I suppose.

However don't forget we have 10 away games left out of 17 and some real toughies coming up in April, so it could/all possibly change

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 Feb 2012 22:04

moo I don't think Feds will get it, too many people bitter about McCarthy not playing.

Right now, I'd give it to Feds. There may be other even more brilliant goalkeepers waiting for their chance, but it doesn't alter the fact that he's performed better than the other players on the pitch, keeping us in the points with some fantastic saves.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2012 22:22

moo

Don't think that's relevant at all. I certainly don't particularly like Federici, and prefer McCarthy, but credit where credit is due and he's in my top three at the moment.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Feb 2012 11:20

moo The 4 choices are being echoed over and over.

i think their home grown nature will push it towards pearce and karacan- even though gorkss is probably th ebest player of the three- (though i really think pearce pushes him)
but people may just be more inclined to vote for one of their own imo