Back from the game - Pompey

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Pompey

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Mar 2012 22:23

That Friday Feeling Bored.

Once we got a (good) goal that was it. Training match. Pipe and slippers.

Pompey are screwed, their players just weren't up for the fight and we didn't need to bother.

The atmosphere was shit, but then it often is when the football is so dire.

Spot on - I do think the lack of footballing excitement is having an impact in the stands regardless of us picking up the points. Fans do need something to get them going.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Mar 2012 22:25

Stick the away support closer to the East stand. Talk about passion killing. What was that all about!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 06 Mar 2012 22:25

Pompey probably the worst team to visit this season.
Their game plan was to put everyone behind the ball. Not even sure they started with a striker.
They wasted time from the start in an attempt to get a point, we scored a goal and they still kept everyone behind the ball. :shock:
That was that basically. A real boring game to watch.
Feds had sod all to do except get his laces done up whilst the ball was at the other end. My cat could of played in goal for us tonight.
Good riddance to the cheating barstewards. They wont be missed.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Mar 2012 22:28

No Fixed Abode Plenty of people dressed as blue seats again tonight.

Sat in the family section again with mummy?

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 06 Mar 2012 22:28

royalexile Stick the away support closer to the East stand. Talk about passion killing. What was that all about!

Can't remember the last time I saw that, in fact have they ever done it before?

And slightly off topic, but Halford is one horrible bastard. Just something about him ... might be his size, I dunno.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Mar 2012 22:30

From down the other end I didn't see ALF miss two good chances - can someone remind me?

Was he the one who got on the end of the free kick from the right and headed downwards past the post?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 06 Mar 2012 22:30

CayeneMatt
royalexile Stick the away support closer to the East stand. Talk about passion killing. What was that all about!

Can't remember the last time I saw that, in fact have they ever done it before?

And slightly off topic, but Halford is one horrible bastard. Just something about him ... might be his size, I dunno.

Halford ran the line well

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 06 Mar 2012 22:30

Nothing really excites me about Reading anymore other than the results.
Brought along a housemate and had to constantly tell him "it'll most likely be boring, but we'll win"
I think its always a bit more exciting when Kebe's on the pitch as, although he can be frustrating, he usually releases the ball at a good time and is probably our most effective attacking player. Roberts was good again, but there seems far too many times where our strikers go missing and i just wish we could have a greater run at these defenders instead of playing it wide before getting it in the box.
All that said, still well done for a good result and i hope it continues. Makes sense for the team to maybe be a little bit low on energy, and just hope they can save some for leicester.

General Rating = 6/10
MOM Alex Pearce. So so solid

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 06 Mar 2012 22:31

Maguire From down the other end I didn't see ALF miss two good chances - can someone remind me?

Was he the one who got on the end of the free kick from the right and headed downwards past the post?

He hit the side netting

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Mar 2012 22:31

With the flick from a low cross? That some people though had gone in? Was it a real chance?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Mar 2012 22:33

The stats say it all about this match -

Reading 2 shots on target - I can only remember Hunt's one to be honest!
Portsmouth 0 shots on target – and never once seriously threatened

If the objective is just to win a game then we succeeded admirably, but if it is to entertain, then I want my money back.

Dire game but yet another positive result winning ugly.

Don't think any of our players needed to play that well - all gave 5 out of 10 performances as that is all they had to do to beat a Pompey team that looked as though they had flung the towel in weeks ago.

Hope we play a lot better on Saturday.

BruRoyal

by BruRoyal » 06 Mar 2012 22:35

Pretty unforgettable performance to be honest. Apart from about 10min of dangerous play between Hunt and Roberts can't really remember much from the match. Did Pompey even have a shot on target??

Still another win is another win.

Also whats up with moving the Pompey fans to the other side of the stand. Bit odd, were they expecting them to cause trouble??

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 06 Mar 2012 22:36

This annoyed me but the reason was pompey can't afford to buy the tickets and sell to their fans...therefore their fans bought them directly from us and were put where the Reading fans usually buy them in the south stand. So it was really just computer generated.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Mar 2012 22:42

I''m pretty sure we play to the opposition pace, contain, but resolutely break them down. There was no urgency tonight, no real pace or build of tempo. We got the goal and controlled the match. Shame we couldn't increase the goal difference which might still have a say at the end of the season. The second half was a yawn fest which was a real shame as Pompey looked like frightened rabbits for most of that match.

Can we have a spark of excitement on Sat.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Mar 2012 22:44

The game at Upton Park is set to be an absolute corker. Cannot bloody wait for that game.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Mar 2012 22:46

FiNeRaIn

This annoyed me but the reason was pompey can't afford to buy the tickets and sell to their fans...therefore their fans bought them directly from us and were put where the Reading fans usually buy them in the south stand. So it was really just computer generated.

Cheers for that. If we ever get the other half of the South Stand sold to us in the future - perhaps this is the conflict management the club are aiming for. I hope not but i wouldn't be surprised.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Mar 2012 22:47

BruRoyal Pretty forgettable performance to be honest.

Corrected for you

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 06 Mar 2012 22:51

MmmMonsterMunch The game at Upton Park is set to be an absolute corker. Cannot bloody wait for that game.

Me neither. An away day in London, on a Saturday at the normal kickoff time with most fans travelling by train and having quite a few drinks on-route.
It'll be like Millwall again. :)

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Mar 2012 22:52

BenReadingFC
MmmMonsterMunch The game at Upton Park is set to be an absolute corker. Cannot bloody wait for that game.

Me neither. An away day in London on a Saturday at the normal kickoff time with most fans travelling by train and having quite a few drinks on-route.
It'll be like Millwall again. :)

They will want Kebe's head on a stick. :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 06 Mar 2012 22:53

I don't share the confidence others do of beating west ham. They are a grindy bunch of cloggers also...but they actually have some match winners in there. Not saying its a cert defeat but I expect to lose 2-0 tbh.