Roberts Red Card

142 posts
Tinrib

Re: Roberts Red Card

by Tinrib » 21 Apr 2012 20:01

Defo was an elbow, but not violent conduct.

D'urso couldnt wait to sprint over and get the Red out. Should've been a yellow -

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Apr 2012 20:12

By the laws of the game i can see why the ref gave a red albeit a very harsh one for unintentional elbow which i can't see how can be classed as violent conduct

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 21 Apr 2012 21:19

Looked at it on SSN for a good couple of minutes just now.

Roberts takes it past Parr, who probably then thinks "oh sh*t!" Parr pulls at Roberts' arm and Robert goes to push it away. Again Parr goes to pull at him, but this time Roberts misses Parr's arm in an attempt to push it away. Parr more runs into Roberts' elbow than Roberts actually elbowing him, and at the exact same time as this he sticks out a leg to bring Roberts down.

Thus, I stand by my original view of the incident and say it should've been a free kick to Reading.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Apr 2012 21:24

dantheloyalroyal Parr more runs into Roberts' elbow than Roberts actually elbowing him.

:|

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 21 Apr 2012 21:35

Avon Royal
dantheloyalroyal Parr more runs into Roberts' elbow than Roberts actually elbowing him.

:|
It makes about as much sense as saying "ball to hand" instead of "hand ball", I know.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 21 Apr 2012 21:41

Couldn't really see it from where i was sitting but from everyone who's seen replays or were closer to the event in seems as if common sense would have been a yellow at most for catching the lad albeit accidentally but if we do go completely technically and spazzy then yes it may well have been a red - now that sounds to me like The FA so i can't see it being rescinded unfortunately. They hate being wrong!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2012 22:35

tomrfcurz Couldn't really see it from where i was sitting but from everyone who's seen replays or were closer to the event in seems as if common sense would have been a yellow at most for catching the lad albeit accidentally but if we do go completely technically and spazzy then yes it may well have been a red - now that sounds to me like The FA so i can't see it being rescinded unfortunately. They hate being wrong!

I was well placed at the game, but couldn't work out what the hell it was for. I thought it was 50-50 about who would get the foul. I couldn't make out the card very well and assumed it was a harsh yellow. Was gobsmacked when I realised it was red.

Having seen it on TV since... yes there's contact arm and face... but it's simply not a red card in any way.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 21 Apr 2012 23:39

Okay, a perspective from the front row of the Palace seats. :oops:

This took place 15 yards in front of us with absolutely nothing to get in our way, and with no bias or prejudice, my split-second gut feeling was a free-kick to us for a trip on Roberts. His arms were both up shielding the ball and the Palace player did run into his elbow - there is no doubt about the contact of elbow to face, but it was a pure accident and Roberts was slightly off-balance by the contact and in no position to change his stance. Having seen it again and again on SSN, his arm makes no movement towards the player - there is a coming together and no more.

It will not be rescinded, but it fcuking well should be.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Apr 2012 07:58

It didn't help that their player went down like a sack of shit after it happened.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 Apr 2012 08:45

From level with the incident on the opposite side of the pitch my initial reaction was that the referee was running over to award a free kick to us for the defender dragging Roberts down! I was amazed when I saw the red card, and even more amazed when I realised it was for our man.

Mick Gooding, however, called it right as soon as the player went down. (I say right, I think both he and the referee called it wrong, of course!)

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 22 Apr 2012 09:01

Ian Royal
tomrfcurz Couldn't really see it from where i was sitting but from everyone who's seen replays or were closer to the event in seems as if common sense would have been a yellow at most for catching the lad albeit accidentally but if we do go completely technically and spazzy then yes it may well have been a red - now that sounds to me like The FA so i can't see it being rescinded unfortunately. They hate being wrong!

I was well placed at the game, but couldn't work out what the hell it was for. I thought it was 50-50 about who would get the foul. I couldn't make out the card very well and assumed it was a harsh yellow. Was gobsmacked when I realised it was red.

Having seen it on TV since... yes there's contact arm and face... but it's simply not a red card in any way.

Well placed at the game but couldn't make out the card ?

Really ?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 22 Apr 2012 09:42

A very harsh red, but I can't see the FA rescinding it. It has to be the most obvious and ridiculous mistake for them to rescind a decision; here Roberts' arm did make contact with his face so you can understand his misinterpretation.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Apr 2012 09:44

McDermott confirmed they will be appealing on his appearance on "Goals on Sunday"

I'm presuming it will be turned down but the tarrif won't be increased which is FA speak for borderline decisions.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Apr 2012 09:44

:D a most helpful post from Ian! Lol! Still, at least he was at the game! Looking at it on replay it looks accidental. McD was convinced it was accidental and I'll go with him, because he's honest through and through and if he'd thought there was any intention he'd have accepted the red card and not sought to speak to ref to have another look. Prob won't get rescinded but it jolly well ought to be! Retribution in the fact we go up as champions tho in my book!!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Apr 2012 09:45

Chuckle Brother
Ian Royal

Really ?

He's not used to watching a live game.. Normally has a commentator telling him what's happening.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 Apr 2012 09:49

very little point in appealing IMO. if Derry`s card wasn`t rescinded what chance as JR got?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Apr 2012 09:51

Chaney very little point in appealing IMO. if Derry`s card wasn`t rescinded what chance as JR got?

I'm clutching at the last remaining straw but Derry put his hand on Young DELIBERATELY.

Otherwise our first two fixtures better be away to both Manchester clubs - nothing lost

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2012 10:15

Kamara very clear in his opinion that it wasn't a red. Also preceded the clip with a comment along the lines of 'Let's see whether we can help get this rescinded'.

Same old shyte football league show didn't even bother to talk about it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2012 10:18

Chuckle Brother
Ian Royal

Really ?

Yes, I'm colourblind, the sun was shining on it and it was side on to me. And I expected it to be a fk to us, I didn't see an elbow and it made no sense for a yellow to be shown to Robrts, let a lone a red from what I saw. I was in Y25 row X so it happened a bit to the left of where I was sitting.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Apr 2012 10:24

From way up in the Upr West i thought there was contact, but couldn't tell how deliberate or otherwise it was.

Watching it in slow mo just now, I'd say that there was contact, but that there was NO intent there.

However, I can't see the red card being rescinded because, well, D'Urso is a self important twat.

142 posts