Scapegoat of the week Award thread

185 posts
Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: Scapegoat of the week Award thread

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Sep 2012 19:26

gazzer, loyal royal Mcanuff for me. Awful awful awful

He was awful, awful, awful because he's covering for Harte. He can't commit himself forward when he knows who's behind him, so Harte's lack of pace drags down whoever plays left midfield in front of him.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Sep 2012 20:10

Why are we all baiting Harte? Ok he lacks the pace but that's not his fault. I'd give Mapps a chance as Harte has been a good servant but struggles against some of those quicker players.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Sep 2012 20:43

Alexander Litvinenko

He was awful, awful, awful because he's covering for Harte. He can't commit himself forward when he knows who's behind him, so Harte's lack of pace drags down whoever plays left midfield in front of him.

so going forward today he was brilliant. his performance was summed up by the lay back from the throw in going straight out. Barely found a man with a pass, no telling crosses, couldn't beat his ful back, full back beat him for the second goal. Walker will not have an easier day. his performance was pathetic.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 16 Sep 2012 20:48

I'm with Gazzer I'm afraid. Lot of love for Jobi but he just seems to need one touch too many in the PL, he never seems to be ready to play a pass/put in a cross and then when he finally gets it out of his feet the opportunity is gone.

And Harte is slow, but I don't think he had a particularly bad game today tbh, I think I'd rather him than Shorey, if anything just for the set pieces.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2012 20:52

Just a bad day for Harte and Jobi hopefully. I was dissapointed with Guthrie personally. He looked out of his depth.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2012 20:57

At least partly because he is forever having to cover for the snail aka Harte.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Sep 2012 20:57

Za Vas I'm with Gazzer I'm afraid. Lot of love for Jobi but he just seems to need one touch too many in the PL, he never seems to be ready to play a pass/put in a cross and then when he finally gets it out of his feet the opportunity is gone.

And Harte is slow, but I don't think he had a particularly bad game today tbh, I think I'd rather him than Shorey, if anything just for the set pieces.

Shorey IMHO is better at set-pieces.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2012 20:58

Ascotexgunner Just a bad day for Harte and Jobi hopefully. I was dissapointed with Guthrie personally. He looked out of his depth.

Strange because I thought he played really well, and with passion, today. Disappointed to see him subbed.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 Sep 2012 21:00

RoyalBlue

At least partly because he is forever having to cover for the snail aka Harte.

piss easy excuse to let him off the hook there

Loyalroyal1981

by Loyalroyal1981 » 16 Sep 2012 21:04

Alexander Litvinenko

He never got back to cover and when he did get it was a slow trundle back, he looked completely disinterested in the game. Brian shouldnt be scared of subbing the captain.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 16 Sep 2012 21:06

Ideal This thread should be renamed "LEFT BACK CRISIS", Harte deserves all the criticism he gets.
He is like an injured snail, he's THAT SLOW. There's not much to say, he's just too old and too slow for this level of football, he could get away with it last year in a lesser division, but at this level and with a year more to add to his age, he just can't cut it.

How poor can Shorey be? He's four years younger so that's a start.

Can we recall Mills from his loan? He had some pace and energy, not a lethargic geriatric like Harte.

Jesus, I could've sworn you were Ian Royal until I noticed he was starting to disagree with you.

You're going way OTT here. Harte was terrible today but as has been said already, was it any great surprise that Lennon would fleece him. McAnuff was woeful today and I thought looked unfit. Guthrie I agree was out of his depth and Gorkks wasn't great either.

Don't think much will be added by replacing Harte with Shorey. Of more of a concern was McAnuff who remains undroppable no matter how ineffectual he is. Bm won't drop him unless he gets hurt, and on todays performance, he needs to be dropped, not pushed in to the middle when a change is made.

And blaming McAnuffs poor performance on Harte is just plain thick. If anything Harte is dragged out of position to give McAnuff options because his ability to get past players no longer exists.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2012 21:10

CayeneMatt
Ideal This thread should be renamed "LEFT BACK CRISIS", Harte deserves all the criticism he gets.
He is like an injured snail, he's THAT SLOW. There's not much to say, he's just too old and too slow for this level of football, he could get away with it last year in a lesser division, but at this level and with a year more to add to his age, he just can't cut it.

How poor can Shorey be? He's four years younger so that's a start.

Can we recall Mills from his loan? He had some pace and energy, not a lethargic geriatric like Harte.

Jesus, I could've sworn you were Ian Royal until I noticed he was starting to disagree with you.

You're going way OTT here. Harte was terrible today but as has been said already, was it any great surprise that Lennon would fleece him. McAnuff was woeful today and I thought looked unfit. Guthrie I agree was out of his depth and Gorkks wasn't great either.

Don't think much will be added by replacing Harte with Shorey. Of more of a concern was McAnuff who remains undroppable no matter how ineffectual he is. Bm won't drop him unless he gets hurt, and on todays performance, he needs to be dropped, not pushed in to the middle when a change is made.

And blaming McAnuffs poor performance on Harte is just plain thick. If anything Harte is dragged out of position to give McAnuff options because his ability to get past players no longer exists.

And McAnuff was up against whom at right back?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 16 Sep 2012 22:27

Fwiw, my verdict on Harte's performance wasn't based on Lennon tearing him a new one, it was his utterly woeful set pieces, which weren't a lot better against Chelsea. He's not in the side for his pace and skill on the ball, if he can't beat the first man with his crosses and free-kicks, he isn't contributing much.

As for the midfield, Walker v McAnuff was just embarassing, such a gulf in class.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 16 Sep 2012 22:29

It's not as if we were playing against a good team or anything...

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Sep 2012 22:29

The thick family behind me were having a go at MacAnuff as well.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Sep 2012 22:32

Handsome Man

Of course, they should've been been having a go at Harte :|

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Sep 2012 22:34

AthleticoSpizz
Handsome Man

Of course, they should've been been having a go at Harte :|

Perhaps they had come to boo Federici and were just a bit phased by him being injured

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Sep 2012 22:35

we need a clear scapegoat here. Doesn't need to be rational but a clear consensus would help.

Obviously it would have been Fedricci's fault but he wasn't playing today

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Sep 2012 22:38

Keith Jones gets it from me

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Sep 2012 22:39

Really? I'd have said Andy Hughes.

185 posts