CONFIRMED - Alex Pearce re-signs

559 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Alex Pearce

by Vision » 31 Oct 2012 09:13

Half Horse
bracksroyal10 Do not understand why our biggest aerial threat (Pearce) has been suddenly dropped. Gorkks is good for all his experience but will not develop any further as a player. Pearce on the other hand I'm pretty sure was once being compared to the young John Terry of ten years ago. Its obvious to everyone he has future captain potential. Do not see what Gorkks brings to the team that Pearce doesn't.

A left foot! It's important to have someone who is comfortable playing as the left-side central defender

Think it's more important to have a central defender that doesn't head it straight to an opponent's feet and who can mark at corners which, left foot or no left foot, Gorkks seems to be struggling with at present.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Nov 2012 20:29

Half Horse
bracksroyal10 Do not understand why our biggest aerial threat (Pearce) has been suddenly dropped. Gorkks is good for all his experience but will not develop any further as a player. Pearce on the other hand I'm pretty sure was once being compared to the young John Terry of ten years ago. Its obvious to everyone he has future captain potential. Do not see what Gorkks brings to the team that Pearce doesn't.

A left foot! It's important to have someone who is comfortable playing as the left-side central defender

Pearce has played as the left-sided central defender in partnerships with Bygrave, Duberry, Bikey, Cisse, Mills and Morrison, at the very least. He's perfectly capable of playing on the left of Mariappa. I also have an inkling that Mariappa played on the left of Taylor at Watford but I'm not sure.

Besides, our best ever centre back, Ívar Ingimarsson, was right footed and overwhelmingly played on the left of the two.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Nov 2012 22:33

winchester_royal Mariappa is a star. Composed on the ball, smart on the intercept. Take him out and we'll get caught out with pace every attack.

:|

Personally I think he screams 'CHAMPIONSHIP' thus far and has been a huge part in us conceding many chances every game and - consequently - too many goals to give ourselves any chance of picking up remotely enough points.

In his favour I would say he is young and will probably learn an awful lot this season playing in a struggling side.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Nov 2012 23:54

floyd__streete
winchester_royal Mariappa is a star. Composed on the ball, smart on the intercept. Take him out and we'll get caught out with pace every attack.

:|

Personally I think he screams 'CHAMPIONSHIP' thus far and has been a huge part in us conceding many chances every game and - consequently - too many goals to give ourselves any chance of picking up remotely enough points.

In his favour I would say he is young and will probably learn an awful lot this season playing in a struggling side.

Hasn't been perfect (far from probably) but in his defence he's been playing alongside the appalling Gorkss.

Think he has the basic attributes to be a top defender, look forward to seeing him in a settled and confident back 4.

Time will tell though I spose.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 09 Nov 2012 17:41

Story in the Mail yesterday that Rodgers is considering him as a long-term replacement for Carragher. Liverpool are thought to have had a bid rejected but are monitoring his contract situation with further talks planned this week. Apparently he's unhappy with the terms Reading are offering.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2012 18:51

KC Royal Story in the Mail yesterday that Rodgers is considering him as a long-term replacement for Carragher. Liverpool are thought to have had a bid rejected but are monitoring his contract situation with further talks planned this week. Apparently he's unhappy with the terms Reading are offering.

No! Really?

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115870&start=240

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 09 Nov 2012 20:19

KC Royal Story in the Mail yesterday that Rodgers is considering him as a long-term replacement for Carragher. Liverpool are thought to have had a bid rejected but are monitoring his contract situation with further talks planned this week. Apparently he's unhappy with the terms Reading are offering.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 11 Nov 2012 16:43

sandman

No! Really?

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115870&start=240

:oops:

Thought it may have been mentioned on the Team board, but haven't been on there lately and happened to come across this thread. Sorry.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2012 16:52

Well that's not good enough! Too late for apologies now. :wink:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Nov 2012 13:15

I recall Fordham (LOL) said something at the weekend about speaking to Pearce about the contract situation and him saying 'we'll get it done'. Or something along those lines.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Nov 2012 14:19

TheSiege Pearce has been a good servant to RFC and, often, has not been given the time on the pitch he deserved. If Liverpool are in the offing, good luck to him! It would take a total Moron to have a problem with this!

So, you have a problem with this then.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Dec 2012 12:08

Wants 35k a week. Not going to happen

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 02 Dec 2012 17:49

Not from what I've heard but then again as that's what they've given Federici it probably wouldn't be unfair to at least ask for it.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 02 Dec 2012 17:57

It strikes me that the correct comparison for Pearce should be with Karacan (in terms of contract).
Of a similar age, similar standing in the squad, both came through the ranks.
Karacan signed a new deal a few months ago. I have no idea how much that was worth but seems about the right benchmark for Pearce.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 02 Dec 2012 18:16

Broxroyal It strikes me that the correct comparison for Pearce should be with Karacan (in terms of contract).
Of a similar age, similar standing in the squad, both came through the ranks.
Karacan signed a new deal a few months ago. I have no idea how much that was worth but seems about the right benchmark for Pearce.

That also took a few months to sort out I think

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 02 Dec 2012 21:04

I dont know what he wants, but I do know that he thinks the clubs offer is an insult and that he feels he's taking a stand against the club for himself and all the academy boys, who he believes are not treated as well as other players when they make the team and are not given equal contracts.

Also, McDermott wants to play him but it's NH who is insisting he sits on he bench.

He loves the club and wants to sign but I can't see him backing down now.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Dec 2012 21:08

Wimb Not from what I've heard but then again as that's what they've given Federici it probably wouldn't be unfair to at least ask for it.

Federici is never on 35k a week. :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2012 21:10

Yeah, I'm sure it's nothing to do with basic greediness.

If he genuinely thinks he's done enough in his career to get fiscal parity with a guy who's won European trophies and played at a consistently high level for 10 years (regardless of whether he's showing any talent at all atm) then he's as thick as he looks.

He's a decent defender, nothing massively special. If he wants to hold the club ransom then show him the door. Mariappa and Morrison will turn out to be better players anyway.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2012 23:32

Ups and Downs I dont know what he wants, but I do know that he thinks the clubs offer is an insult and that he feels he's taking a stand against the club for himself and all the academy boys, who he believes are not treated as well as other players when they make the team and are not given equal contracts.

Also, McDermott wants to play him but it's NH who is insisting he sits on he bench.

I don't accept that Hammond can overrule McDermott on who he can pick.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 02 Dec 2012 23:38

Ian Royal
Ups and Downs I dont know what he wants, but I do know that he thinks the clubs offer is an insult and that he feels he's taking a stand against the club for himself and all the academy boys, who he believes are not treated as well as other players when they make the team and are not given equal contracts.

I don't accept that Hammond can overrule McDermott on who he can pick.

i have a hard time believing that too...i dont even suppose anton would have a real say on who brian picks much less hammond.

559 posts