Alex Pearce

769 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Alex Pearce

by TBM » 31 Oct 2012 08:55

The Real Sandhurst Royal Pearce's return last season shored the defence up, the rest is history.

Not sure what he has done wrong going from Player of the Season to sitting on the bench.

The Radio Berks pundits last night linked it to being out of contract at the end of the season.

As is Theo Walcott and look how well he did last night

Even if Pearce doesn't want to sign he'll play his bollocks off to earn himself that big move - if that helps keep us up then I won't hold a grudge of he walks in the summer

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 Oct 2012 08:57

There is a reason Gorkss got sold from QPR last year.... think we may want to do the same or at least drop him to the bench

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 31 Oct 2012 12:36

It was a cup game and if the league is the priority then it probably made sense to play give Morrison his debut in that competition and play Gorks alongside as he did a good job of assisting with the development of Pearce last season.

As for why Pearce hasn't featured in the league games - I doubt it's for footballing reasons.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 31 Oct 2012 12:36

It was a cup game and if the league is the priority then it probably made sense to play give Morrison his debut in that competition and play Gorks alongside as he did a good job of assisting with the development of Pearce last season.

As for why Pearce hasn't featured in the league games - I doubt it's for footballing reasons.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 31 Oct 2012 14:51

Gorkss was truly terrible last night, and Gunter wasn't much better.

What the hell is wrong with Pearce - if Guthrie is pissed off, lord knows what Alex must be feeling.

Positives - Ledge was awesome, Pog showed real class at holding the ball up , Noel's and Roberts's movement was good.

HRK seemed off the pace - although I'm a big fan - and Tabb was pretty anonymous.

What the hell were those substitutions? Totally baffling.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 31 Oct 2012 15:00

Dick Habbin's hairdo

I thought bringing Church on was a terrible mistake. Brian talks about playing to the last moment, but here I think he opted to give Church a run out to keep him sweet. And, to be fair, he has used Church in the past to run round defending a lead. But Brian failed to take into account the possibility of extra time, I believe. Le Fondre would have been a better bet for that. Brian should learn to keep one substitution back in case of extra time, as wily old Wenger did, because then it becomes a different set of circumstances..

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 Oct 2012 15:01

Dick Habbin's hairdo Gorkss was truly terrible last night, and Gunter wasn't much better.

What the hell is wrong with Pearce - if Guthrie is pissed off, lord knows what Alex must be feeling.

Positives - Ledge was awesome, Pog showed real class at holding the ball up , Noel's and Roberts's movement was good.

HRK seemed off the pace - although I'm a big fan - and Tabb was pretty anonymous.

How, why, how can anyone be a big fan of HRK?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Oct 2012 15:05

I thought Hal was one of our more productive players.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 31 Oct 2012 15:06

ZacNaloen I thought Hal was one of our more productive players.

He was. Until ET.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 Oct 2012 15:08

Yesterday he was ok, granted but in general he is shit. Don't care who doesn't agree.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 31 Oct 2012 15:08

Lacoste
Dick Habbin's hairdo Gorkss was truly terrible last night, and Gunter wasn't much better.

How, why, how can anyone be a big fan of HRK?

Because he's pretty good.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Oct 2012 15:08

He's good when he runs at players on the outside and get those crosses in but when he decides to stop and turn inside, he tends to lose the ball.....or he runs straight into a blind alley and the attack ends

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 31 Oct 2012 15:14

Ady Williams suggested that the reason Pearce has been the one to make way between the centre backs might have something to do with not having signed a new agreement. i hope not. the fact that we're not letting Church go out on loan until he's signed a contract extension is very poor, but to do the same with Pearce too???

For what it's worth, i'm not a fan of either player, but if true, it's a shitty way to treat people.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Oct 2012 15:20

Isaac Hunt Ady Williams suggested that the reason Pearce has been the one to make way between the centre backs might have something to do with not having signed a new agreement. i hope not. the fact that we're not letting Church go out on loan until he's signed a contract extension is very poor, but to do the same with Pearce too???

For what it's worth, i'm not a fan of either player, but if true, it's a shitty way to treat people.

Why the fcuk would we want to give Church a contract extension?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Oct 2012 15:26

Isaac Hunt Ady Williams suggested that the reason Pearce has been the one to make way between the centre backs might have something to do with not having signed a new agreement. i hope not. the fact that we're not letting Church go out on loan until he's signed a contract extension is very poor, but to do the same with Pearce too???

It's mostly how people are treated throughout the club I'm afraid, including the fans.....................

Typical English management ability. :roll:

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 31 Oct 2012 15:27

Pepe the Horseman

Why the fcuk would we want to give Church a contract extension?

Because, even though we don't think he's good enough, we don't want to let him go for nowt in the summer. it's a bit cnutish, really.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Oct 2012 15:29

Rsince67 fark brendon, more importantly we just shipped 7 at home!!! thats 10 in 2 HOME games. tonight was prob most devastating i can remember (prob since play off). BMD needs to sort it out at the back... where the fark was pearce!!!! NOT HAPPY

We shipped 4 at home (in normal time). Let's not overstate the issue.

Cypry

by Cypry » 31 Oct 2012 15:43

Lacoste

Yesterday he was ok, granted but in general he is shit. Don't care who doesn't agree.

Created one and scored one against Fulham would suggest that "ok yesterday" isn't necessarily a one-off...

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 31 Oct 2012 15:50

I'd find it confusing if Pearce is out of the team for contract reasons. He'd give his all even if he plans to leave. Look at last night. He was in the thick of it on the touchline berating the officials for playing too much time. Passionate for the cause. (Guthrie take note.)

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Oct 2012 15:54

facaldaqui I'd find it confusing if Pearce is out of the team for contract reasons. He'd give his all even if he plans to leave. Look at last night. He was in the thick of it on the touchline berating the officials for playing too much time. Passionate for the cause. (Guthrie take note.)

Don't know if anyone really doubts his committment just whether our time would be better spent developing someone else if he is definitely not going to sign.

769 posts