Where's the next point going to come from?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Where's the next point going to come from?

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:08

I've only looked as far as Crawley and I don't really think we'll get any from those games.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 18 Dec 2012 18:10

February looks good: Sunderland (h), Stoke (a), Wigan (h). Might get three whole points out of that!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 18:11

draw with west ham

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:59

melonhead draw with west ham

unfortunately this will be our next point. are we playing them on boxing day again?

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 18 Dec 2012 19:03

USA_Loyal_Royal

unfortunately this will be our next point. are we playing them on boxing day again?

No, on Sat 29th. We have Swansea at home on boxing day.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 18 Dec 2012 19:10

Ian Royal I've only looked as far as Crawley and I don't really think we'll get any from those games.

i gurantee you will get no points from crawley.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Dec 2012 19:14

West Ham will destroy us.

Lovely hot donuts!

by Lovely hot donuts! » 18 Dec 2012 19:33

Avon Royal

West Ham will destroy us.

This

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Dec 2012 22:20

NOONE will destroy us necessarily.

Remember this is Reading. Not just any Reading but McDermott's Reading. The man who suddenly manages the unthinkable with a bunch of average players round about this time of year.

We are quite capable of beating anyone. Fair reffing and we would have quite possibly beaten Chelsea, spurs etc. we DID beat Everton. We can beat anyone. People are making out like we are truly rubbish. Ok that may be true but Brian is a capable of turning water into wine and we've seen it before. Remember it wasn't long ago we were top of the league for a short time leading Chelsea by two goals to one. It wasn't long ago we beat everton. It wasnt long ago we were playing well. It wasn't long ago we were 4-0 up against Arsenal.

We are NOT a sh*t team! We are simply completely devoid of any confidence or belief. And a team like that *can* snap put of it any minute. Our next point could quite easily come from City away. Anyone whos been a Reading fan longer than one season will know this.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2012 22:31

Agree that we are short on confidence & we're not sh1t but unfortunately the lack of confidence is eating away at the team like an aggressive cancer now.

No point spending any money in Jan IMO. We have 21 games plus the entire summer to get the style of play sorted with the hope of bouncing back next time around. If Brian can't get us playing it on the floor soon then he really needs to move on for everyone's sake.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Dec 2012 22:31

Fair reffing and we would have beaten Spurs????? :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Dec 2012 22:38

Avon Royal Fair reffing and we would have beaten Spurs????? :lol:

Perhaps I'm confusing games in my head. The have been so many awful decisions this season alone that I seriously believe there may be corruption involved with bigger clubs but that's a different story. I just remember a cast iron penalty where a spurs defender jumped up and knocked the ball away with his hand a la maradonna when it'd have been a fe header for ?pearce? Clear as daylight. Not given. Would've changed the game and therefore "quite possibly" changed the result.

The real lol is even the faintest assertion that football refs are in any way fair or consistent. We are still in the Jurassic era of football alas.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Dec 2012 20:27

2 world wars, 1 world cup We are quite capable of beating anyone. Fair reffing and we would have quite possibly beaten Chelsea, spurs etc. we DID beat Everton.

We certainly scored one more goal than they did and in theory it is true that we beat them. How that happened is a modern miracle. Only in football. If it had been a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it after 35 minutes.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 19 Dec 2012 20:34

2 world wars, 1 world cup NOONE will destroy us necessarily.

Remember this is Reading. Not just any Reading but McDermott's Reading. The man who suddenly manages the unthinkable with a bunch of average players round about this time of year.

We are quite capable of beating anyone. Fair reffing and we would have quite possibly beaten Chelsea, spurs etc. we DID beat Everton. We can beat anyone. People are making out like we are truly rubbish. Ok that may be true but Brian is a capable of turning water into wine and we've seen it before. Remember it wasn't long ago we were top of the league for a short time leading Chelsea by two goals to one. It wasn't long ago we beat everton. It wasnt long ago we were playing well. It wasn't long ago we were 4-0 up against Arsenal.

We are NOT a sh*t team! We are simply completely devoid of any confidence or belief. And a team like that *can* snap put of it any minute. Our next point could quite easily come from City away. Anyone whos been a Reading fan longer than one season will know this.

Erm, yeah...

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 19 Dec 2012 20:34

frimmers3
Ian Royal I've only looked as far as Crawley and I don't really think we'll get any from those games.

i gurantee you will get no points from crawley.

:D

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 19 Dec 2012 20:36

you mean newcastle

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 19 Dec 2012 20:43

marcusopp

you mean newcastle

Well I think he was referring to Newcastle..........

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 19 Dec 2012 22:26

First game of the 2013/14 season, Swindon at home!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Dec 2012 22:44

noelgallagher
2 world wars, 1 world cup NOONE will destroy us necessarily.

Erm, yeah...

Look at my last sentence then your join date... :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Dec 2012 22:46

Avon Royal
marcusopp

you mean newcastle

Well I think he was referring to Newcastle..........

Maybe. The BS has merged into one for a demented fool like me. But it was definitely Spurs where a defender knocked it out the path of an oncoming header with a hand.