6+ Goal Games

North Somerset Royal

Re: 6+ Goal Games

by North Somerset Royal » 13 Dec 2012 19:49

Broxroyal Anyone around in the Jack Mansell era will have seen us regularly score 6 and probably concede a couple, the occasional 7, and an 8-0 win against Southport.
Mind you, I am going back to the '60s.

Yes I saw the 8-0 thrashing of Southport. Remember Dick Habbin scoring a great goal with an overhead kick. I think it was the last game of the season and got into the Watney Cup a pre season comp for teams scoring the most goals. That gave us a home tie against the star studded Man U side of that era. The Southport game was the first time that I took the girlfriend who I later married to Elm Park. Happy days

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 13 Dec 2012 20:04

North Somerset Royal
Broxroyal Anyone around in the Jack Mansell era will have seen us regularly score 6 and probably concede a couple, the occasional 7, and an 8-0 win against Southport.

Yes I saw the 8-0 thrashing of Southport. Remember Dick Habbin scoring a great goal with an overhead kick. I think it was the last game of the season and got into the Watney Cup a pre season comp for teams scoring the most goals. That gave us a home tie against the star studded Man U side of that era. The Southport game was the first time that I took the girlfriend who I later married to Elm Park. Happy days

Did the girlfriend think it would always be like the Southport game? Bit like any relationship really, - starts off spectacularly, then downhill all the way.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 13 Dec 2012 20:06

windermere_royal How can anyone forget (of a certain age) the 6-2 defeat at Southport followed by a 8-0 win in the return to qualify us for the Watney cup back in the 70s

Remember the 8-0 very well, see my other post. Had clean forgotten that we had lost 6-2 up at Southport earlier in the season, but you are right!

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 13 Dec 2012 20:06

Biggest RFC win ive seen- Reading 6-0 West Ham :lol:

Highest scoring RFC game ive seen - Crewe 3-4 Reading

Two great days

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Dec 2012 20:45

As far as i'm aware i've never seen us score 7 at home or 5 away.

Tough life!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 13 Dec 2012 20:55

Broxroyal
North Somerset Royal

Did the girlfriend think it would always be like the Southport game? Bit like any relationship really, - starts off spectacularly, then downhill all the way.

Yes and the next game she went to was a 0-0 bore draw!

Rudolph Hucker

by Rudolph Hucker » 13 Dec 2012 22:09

I remember that 6-2 FA Cup win over Bogner in '84. We had a young lad called Ian Juryeff on loan from Southampton who scored and looked the part partnering Trevor Senior up front.
The 6-1 win over Torquay towards the end of the '91-'92 season was an early sign of the football Mark McGhee was trying to bring in. I think that was Lea Barkus' first and last goal in a Reading shirt.
Does anyone else recall winning 6-1 away at Swansea in '89-90, totally unexpected with a hat-trick from our Trev (who else?)