Man City - Minutes Silence

grey_squirrel

Re: Man City - Minutes Silence

by grey_squirrel » 21 Dec 2012 18:52

de niro
working class hero
as a visitor to the premier league just enjoy yourselves

With this sort of arrogance are you sure you aren't a Utd fan???
How long ago were you in the 3rd tier?
Without the Arab oil cash you would still be shit... and no, I'm not jealous. I support my local team and will do so whichever league we fall into, and would rather watch a team where the obscene cash of top PL clubs is not thrown about.

come on mate Reading are a team that will be lucky to survive the prem, not being arrogant at all, thats just as it is. teams like city, villa, newcastle and everton are always going to be targets for oil money but without it they and us are all most likely to be a prem side. i was here well before we struck oil, in fact i was here before ged clampet struck oil and i'll be here when the arabs move on. we have always had a fantastic supporter base considering we've been bobbins for years whilst the scum were cheating their way to trophies.

Pathetic mate. Nobody cares. Do one.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 21 Dec 2012 19:03

Fukk off de niro

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 21 Dec 2012 19:06

southbank1871 Fukk off de niro

+1 Yeah its back to stockport for you!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 21 Dec 2012 19:17

de niro
SPARTA
RoyalinBracknell I think I'm right in saying that City do this every annual year on their last home game, paying respects to their supporters who died that year. I think they've certainly done it for the last 4 or 5 years.

Do they die in their thousands? That would explain the empty seats.

every game is a sell out, not 18k or whatever your place holds but 47,000.

mcfc.

And out of the word work they come. It wasn't a sell-out every week before you had a billionaire come in and buy you a PL title was it?

And we have always sold out in the three seasons in the PL, unlike the Birmingham's and Wolves's that the media cream themselves over when they're in the top flight but their fans disappear when they struggle or the big boys aren't in town...

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 21 Dec 2012 19:24

found this on a memorial thread on a city discussion board:

"RIP Peter Tate, 52, known to his friends as 'Tatty', because he loved his pies. Life-long City fan who lost heart after the clubs double relegation to the first division but always watched us whenever we were on the telly. Now at peace with his mam"

real fans!

Divvy

by Divvy » 21 Dec 2012 19:36

Jay o/ found this on a memorial thread on a city discussion board:

"RIP Peter Tate, 52, known to his friends as 'Tatty', because he loved his pies. Life-long City fan who lost heart after the clubs double relegation to the first division but always watched us whenever we were on the telly. Now at peace with his mam"

real fans!

:lol:

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 19:44

Some of you lot don't half suffer with small club syndrome, give over will you, we have nothing against you and no reason to dislike you as a club, you will find the majority of City fans to be very friendly.

You have to remember that City is very much a community based club even with all the money (even more so with the amount of investment the owners are putting into what is quite a deprived area of Manchester) , the majority of the fans come from around the Manchester and North West Area, the club has always remained close to the fans after all despite some of the nonsense on here we were supporting the club in numbers through out the wilderness years.

I do hope that your fans will respect the moments silence, perhaps think of some of the Reading fans and ex players who have past away over the last year, I am sure they will.

If you wish to read about the game from our point of view please take time to visit Bluemoon the largest and busiest City forum around

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 21 Dec 2012 19:59

Not going to join in the slanging.

It is a shame that a simple gesture couldn't actually be shared.

Why don't City approach the the club and STAR, say "we are doing ths to honour our fans and would like you to join us by doing the same with your own fans"?

This then demonstrates a positive atmosphere, We would appreciate the gesture and everyone is happy. Too late now I suppose, but maybe some of the pleasant gentlemen who have popped on to the forum could pass it on for future reference.

Oh and fcuk off newbies!

Divvy

by Divvy » 21 Dec 2012 20:01

Oh come on. Our fans are too oxf*rd nice for their own good. Of course we'll honour it, it just seems a bit self-important to be honest.

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 20:07

notloyalenuffroyal Not going to join in the slanging.

Why don't City approach the the club and STAR, say "we are doing ths to honour our fans and would like you to join us by doing the same with your own fans"?

This then demonstrates a positive atmosphere, We would appreciate the gesture and everyone is happy. Too late now I suppose, but maybe some of the pleasant gentlemen who have popped on to the forum could pass it on for future reference.

Oh and fcuk off newbies!

To be honest it's a City thing, like I said the club has always been pretty close to the fans

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 21 Dec 2012 20:18

Whenever I've been there, that area and the pubs around Grey Mare Lane always put me in mind of where the researchers could have based the 'Shameless' tv series on. Usually a good bunch though the City fans, quite loyal and had their fair share of bad times.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 21 Dec 2012 20:23

de niro
working class hero
as a visitor to the premier league just enjoy yourselves

With this sort of arrogance are you sure you aren't a Utd fan???
How long ago were you in the 3rd tier?
Without the Arab oil cash you would still be shit... and no, I'm not jealous. I support my local team and will do so whichever league we fall into, and would rather watch a team where the obscene cash of top PL clubs is not thrown about.

come on mate Reading are a team that will be lucky to survive the prem, not being arrogant at all, thats just as it is. teams like city, villa, newcastle and everton are always going to be targets for oil money but without it they and us are all most likely to be a prem side. i was here well before we struck oil, in fact i was here before ged clampet struck oil and i'll be here when the arabs move on. we have always had a fantastic supporter base considering we've been bobbins for years whilst the scum were cheating their way to trophies.

I found it hilarious when City got raped against the actual 'big boys' in football with proper histories. The Real Madrid's and the Ajax's.

City will be shit in a few years time when the Arabs pull out and you can't service the debt.

Reading will still be here though as we run our club properly.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Dec 2012 20:39

Royalclapper Whenever I've been there, that area and the pubs around Grey Mare Lane always put me in mind of where the researchers could have based the 'Shameless' tv series on.

It is.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 Dec 2012 21:11

lol at saying united 'cheated their way to trophies'

I wouldn't call spending almost £1bn fair play either

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 22:44

Those of you going just respect the gesture, whatever you think of us as a club (we here the same of every newly promoted set of fans as what you lot are saying about us)

Enjoy the game

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 21 Dec 2012 22:50

I wonder how many "current City fans" remember battling Stockport, Grimsby or Rotherham 2001/2002, or could even name a player from that season...charlie big spuds now aren't we.

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 23:08

Royal Ginger I wonder how many "current City fans" remember battling Stockport, Grimsby or Rotherham 2001/2002, or could even name a player from that season...charlie big spuds now aren't we.

What you on about? We have had consistently high crowds whatever, you seem to labouring under the illusion that most City fans are glory hunters, which is not true, sure I bet we have a few new fans that is bound to happen but nearly every Prem game has been almost sold out for years now even before the money came in, get over yourself will you!

Are you a more loyal fan if you support a small club or something? Because I hear this shit from nearly every newly promoted set of fans, you have an inferiority complex, no wonder your team is under performing, you seem more interested in slagging the opposition off than supporting your club.

Just go on Bluemoon, you will hardly hear a bad word said about Reading, we don't really care to be honest, it's another game of football to us

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 21 Dec 2012 23:13

Aye, the core of your Bluemoon supporters aren't the issue, no problems there, but you've got more than your fair share of glory hunting plastics. Every promoted team has a few, but you didn't see many city shirts out and about down this way 10 years ago, now however... it's amazing what purchasing a trophy can do.

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 23:21

Royal Ginger Aye, the core of your Bluemoon supporters aren't the issue, no problems there, but you've got more than your fair share of glory hunting plastics. Every promoted team has a few, but you didn't see many city shirts out and about down this way 10 years ago, now however... it's amazing what purchasing a trophy can do.

You won't see any at the ground! It's bound to happen, it's one way clubs make money, the sale of merchandise

As for purchasing a trophy, if you can't beat them join them, there was no other way I am afraid, there was a monopoly in English football , and no club could break it, that's life I am afraid, as fans we are over the moon

I don't have a problem with Reading and I wish you well (apart from tomorrow) I hope you stay up and became a regular team, and then maybe soem of you can get over their inferiority complex

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 21 Dec 2012 23:27

Ducado
notloyalenuffroyal Not going to join in the slanging.

Oh and fcuk off newbies!

To be honest it's a City thing, like I said the club has always been pretty close to the fans

Yes. BUT. This is how it looks....
"oh - you know what - we're going to make an opposition club stand around and think about our deceased players / fans etc before playing a football match. Ooh I know. We'll make their fans stand there in silence too. That'll go well."

Idiotic. A small gesture of "To those dearly departed from both City and Reading in the past year" would ensure all would respect the minute and create an atmosphere of decency at football match and a certain amount of respect to your dear club.

Rather than the ME ME ME ME ME WE'VE GOT LOADS OF MONEY SO DO WHAT WE SAY attitude that this slightly smacks of, and from your posts - read like!