Who's getting paid what?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who's getting paid what?

by melonhead » 03 Jan 2013 15:58

Wimb
melonhead
Hoop Blah
think the only way is to take smaller clubs, run them sensibly, grow their infrastructure and profile over a long period, and sell at the correct time

As Dirkers himself posted on The Tilehurst End a while back...

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/2011/04/ ... art-three/

s
widely speculated that the asking price for the full package today is something around £80M, so for the sake of arguments let’s use a slightly lower figure of £76M as a sale price. Selling at this price would realise a sum of £50.2M

so whats the situation with this after the TSI sale?

was it 25m for half the club? 50m for the whole thing?
cos if it was 25m for the whole thing, jm didnt take a penny in profit?
which , if i could believe it would make him even more legendary

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Jan 2013 16:04

Did JM pay £25m for the club then?!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 16:05

As far as I'm aware he got £20m now and £20m when it all goes through. TSI will still inherit the loans from Madejski, so he'll also get another £25m in due course, though I can't imagine he'll be taking it back anytime soon and wouldn't be surprised to see him just convert it to equity as Dave Whelan ended up doing with Wigan.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Jan 2013 16:06

Royal Lady Did JM pay £25m for the club then?!

no, that was just the money he lent to the club when it was needed

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Jan 2013 16:07

So in summary, nobody knows how much anyone at the club is paid?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Jan 2013 16:12

Silver Fox So in summary, nobody knows how much anyone at the club is paid?

Safety Stewards get about £35 - £40 per game.

HTH

oldvictor

by oldvictor » 03 Jan 2013 16:26

Gordons Cumming

HTH

They also got one of these for Xmas...

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 03 Jan 2013 16:37

Think Blackpool just offered everyone 10k a week take it or leave it.

Our figures are pretty good. A lot rests on having good players to sell on though.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2013 17:14

Wimb As far as I'm aware he got £20m now and £20m when it all goes through. TSI will still inherit the loans from Madejski, so he'll also get another £25m in due course, though I can't imagine he'll be taking it back anytime soon and wouldn't be surprised to see him just convert it to equity as Dave Whelan ended up doing with Wigan.

I thought the deal valued the club at £25m, so he'd have got a percentage of that initally and then the balance when he sold the rest.

brendy, I think Dirk has it right that it doesn't matter what size club you run, it's going to cost you money to progress it. It doesn't matter if you concentrate on infrastructure or playing budgets, it's going to absorb your money with very little chance of getting it back at the end.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2013 18:26

Hoop Blah
Wimb As far as I'm aware he got £20m now and £20m when it all goes through. TSI will still inherit the loans from Madejski, so he'll also get another £25m in due course, though I can't imagine he'll be taking it back anytime soon and wouldn't be surprised to see him just convert it to equity as Dave Whelan ended up doing with Wigan.

I thought the deal valued the club at £25m, so he'd have got a percentage of that initally and then the balance when he sold the rest.

brendy, I think Dirk has it right that it doesn't matter what size club you run, it's going to cost you money to progress it. It doesn't matter if you concentrate on infrastructure or playing budgets, it's going to absorb your money with very little chance of getting it back at the end.

I'm confident SJM or our friend the Swiss based money laun... investment manager :wink: said that it was £25m for the whole shebang and £12.5 for 51% has gone through, with the remaining £12.5m to go through later this year. Because there were a lot of questions about teh value of the club having increased through promotion and SJM saying a deal's a deal.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 18:29

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah

I'm confident SJM or our friend the Swiss based money laun... investment manager :wink: said that it was £25m for the whole shebang and £12.5 for 51% has gone through, with the remaining £12.5m to go through later this year. Because there were a lot of questions about teh value of the club having increased through promotion and SJM saying a deal's a deal.

The deal Zingarevich got was, in business terms, a steal, although Samuelson adds that Sir John has received a £5m bonus from the new owner because of promotion - and would have been paid only £20m, not £25m for the whole club if Reading had not gone up in May.

From the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190415/Im-new-Roman-Abramovich-says-Readings-Russian-billionaire-owner-Anton-Zingarevich.html

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 03 Jan 2013 18:30

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah

Samuelson "TSI plan to buy 51 per cent of Reading imminently for £12.7m, and will be obliged to buy the other 49 per cent for a further £12.3m by September 30, 2013.
They have also negotiated to purchase Reading's training ground and associated land in a separate £400,000 deal."

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2013 18:31

Darn. £0.2m out! :lol:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 03 Jan 2013 19:34

oldvictor
Gordons Cumming

HTH

They also got one of these for Xmas...

I want one of those!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 03 Jan 2013 20:29

Wimb Think that's the 2010/11 accounts so it will be before TSI invested. We should be seeing those accounts in the next few weeks actually, Everton and Wigan are two clubs to have released theirs in recent days.

Actually under UK Law, accounts do not have to be registered at Companies House until 9 months after that Company's year end. So I would surmise we will not be seeing our most recent ones anytime soon. #anythingthatseemstoogoodtobetrue

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 22:13

grey_squirrel
Wimb Think that's the 2010/11 accounts so it will be before TSI invested. We should be seeing those accounts in the next few weeks actually, Everton and Wigan are two clubs to have released theirs in recent days.

Actually under UK Law, accounts do not have to be registered at Companies House until 9 months after that Company's year end. So I would surmise we will not be seeing our most recent ones anytime soon. #anythingthatseemstoogoodtobetrue

Don't forget that TSI is registered in Gibraltar. Whether we'll see accounts published under the new regime is anyone's guess, as financial transparency doesn't seem to be high in their list of priorities.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Jan 2013 22:36

Adam Federici on £35,000 a week?! :shock: :|

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 04 Jan 2013 09:15

grey_squirrel

Shareholders will know as the accounts were presented at the AGM held, as usual, just before Christmas.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Jan 2013 10:39

LoyalRoyalFan Adam Federici on £35,000 a week?! :shock: :|

I hope not

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 Jan 2013 11:00

grey_squirrel

you were saying ;)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r_2million