Daniel Carrico

185 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Daniel Carrico

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2013 22:08

Royal Ginger If McD insists on playing Jobi in the middle I can't see how Carrico will get a look in. Looks like we've got too many CMs now. Imagine if we'd got Sig too...

They perform totally different roles. Carrico is competing with Legs.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Feb 2013 23:39

Ian Royal
Royal Ginger If McD insists on playing Jobi in the middle I can't see how Carrico will get a look in. Looks like we've got too many CMs now. Imagine if we'd got Sig too...

They perform totally different roles. Carrico is competing with Legs.

Fair point, perhaps it's not Carrico that's on shaky ground, but someone's going to miss out. There's not enough room in the team/on the bench.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 11 Feb 2013 00:27

paultheroyal Don't give a monkeys about grammar and thought he was cup tied because he was not included in the
crawley game?

Do you understand what being cup-tied means, paul?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Feb 2013 10:54

What a great signing.

Hit the ground running, just what we needed for a January transfer in a relegation battle. :roll:

Spose he's lucky in a way. If he did start, McD would probably put him in goal or something.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 11 Feb 2013 11:00

Extended-Phenotype What a great signing.

Hit the ground running, just what we needed for a January transfer in a relegation battle. :roll:

Spose he's lucky in a way. If he did start, McD would probably put him in goal or something.

Yeah, further generic criticism and unfounded negativity. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Madejski out. Everything is rubbish.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 11 Feb 2013 11:07

Give him a 45 min taster even when not fit. Wrap him up in cotton wool while bringing him up to full match fitness. Then, unleash him with 8 games to go where he looks a class act and sell on for big profit........perfect plan.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 11 Feb 2013 11:11

Ouroboros
paultheroyal Don't give a monkeys about grammar and thought he was cup tied because he was not included in the
crawley game?

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Feb 2013 11:17

Ouroboros
crawley game?

Referee in not knowing rules shocker.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Feb 2013 11:20

Colin Cheeselog
Extended-Phenotype What a great signing.

Yeah, further generic criticism and unfounded negativity. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Madejski out. Everything is rubbish.

I can take generic, but as I'm complaining about a player’s absence from the team, during which the player has been absent from the team, I’m not sure my concern could be called unfounded.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Feb 2013 11:25

he didnt say unfounded concern, he said unfounded negativity

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Feb 2013 11:32

I’m just annoyed. We did not bring in enough quality in the summer and have struggled to compete in this league, as our position shows. Anton and Brian both admitted that more investment was needed. January comes and goes and we repeat the same mistakes.

Kelly has been good and Akpan could be a decent acquisition, but in terms of needing players NOW, Carrico and Blackman aren’t ready and we still fail to bring in the creativity we all know we need.

Judging by our line-ups since our signings, we are still ending up with square pegs in round holes – this is the Premier League – fudging a team together at this level is unacceptable in my opinion.

Plenty of reasons, backed up with facts = hardly unfounded.

under the tin

by under the tin » 11 Feb 2013 12:08

If not unfounded, E-P, then certainly unfair.
I would not describe MAJOR bids for Gylfi and Ince as "repeating the same mistakes"
OK, neither deal came off, but it obviously wasn't for the want of trying on the club's part.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Feb 2013 12:22

Extended-Phenotype I’m just annoyed. We did not bring in enough quality in the summer and have struggled to compete in this league, as our position shows. Anton and Brian both admitted that more investment was needed. January comes and goes and we repeat the same mistakes.

Kelly has been good and Akpan could be a decent acquisition, but in terms of needing players NOW, Carrico and Blackman aren’t ready and we still fail to bring in the creativity we all know we need.

Judging by our line-ups since our signings, we are still ending up with square pegs in round holes – this is the Premier League – fudging a team together at this level is unacceptable in my opinion.

still scoring goals.
was clearly at the back and in defensive midfield positions where we were most lacking.
think your view of the transfer market too simplistic.
we tried. didnt come off. move on

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Feb 2013 12:56

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype I’m just annoyed. We did not bring in enough quality in the summer and have struggled to compete in this league, as our position shows. Anton and Brian both admitted that more investment was needed. January comes and goes and we repeat the same mistakes.

still scoring goals.
was clearly at the back and in defensive midfield positions where we were most lacking.

We're still conceding far to many goals though. Apart from the obvious whallopings in a couple of games, nothing has really changed in that respect.
We're still not creating many, sometimes any, chances in a 4-5-1. The goals tend to come at 4-4-2 when we throw the sink at it. That's not a tactic that can be relyed on.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Feb 2013 13:01

melonhead

still scoring goals.

I think your view of football is too simplistic. We can score goals with 4-4-2 but look vulnerable in that formation. 4-5-1 we seem more comfortable but we create very little.

A creative midfielder would have addressed this problem. I'd happily move on, but the problem continues to plague us.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Feb 2013 15:02

we tried, multiple times
im happy that the club stopped at the end of their list of potential signings and decided not to draw a second list of players they didnt really want but would probably do

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 11 Feb 2013 15:27

I'm happy that we didn't panic buy to be honest. Akpan looks really decent and Kelly looks like an upgraded, steady-eddie Andy Griffin replacement.

At home we still have QPR, Aston Villa, Wigan and Southampton. Away - we are facing teams such as Norwich, West Ham and Fulham. It's not a scary looking fixture list and I think we have enough to get points out of these games.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 11 Feb 2013 16:03

BenSmith91 I'm happy that we didn't panic buy to be honest. Akpan looks really decent and Kelly looks like an upgraded, steady-eddie Andy Griffin replacement.

At home we still have QPR, Aston Villa, Wigan and Southampton. Away - we are facing teams such as Norwich, West Ham and Fulham. It's not a scary looking fixture list and I think we have enough to get points out of these games.

Ah, youthful optimism is a beautiful thing.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Feb 2013 16:04

melonhead we tried, multiple times
im happy that the club stopped at the end of their list of potential signings and decided not to draw a second list of players they didnt really want but would probably do

If our list of suitable candidates amassed to 3 footballers, I'm left wondering what our scouts were doing all year.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Feb 2013 16:31

there were 3 possible footballers who we identified, played in an area in which we were lacking, we thought we could afford, may be sold, would want to come here, and would most probably fit in wit the group and the ethos.

we failed to bring them in.
its a failure, cos we failed.
but the idea you just keep picking midfielders until one says yes is flawed imo

185 posts