Everton (A) - Match Thread

396 posts
old woman

Re: Everton (A) - Match Thread

by old woman » 02 Mar 2013 14:47

RoyalinBracknell BBC Berks having a nightmare today. They spend time asking why Andersen isn't playing when he's not in the 25 man squad and then ask why Henley is when he's under the age of 21. They should know all this.

(And now Ady Williams has just laughed when a texter has challenged his lack of knowledge!)

Can I say this has really pissed me off today. Tim Dellor gives us a ton of crap statistics but has no knowledge of this.
Living out of the area, I have to pay to listen to these pillocks.
Daughter threatening to show me the red card.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Mar 2013 14:50

Just a thought, but Stoke continue with 4-4-2 and with a lot of success. Just wondering why Brian can't study their game and put it to good use. They're physical, we can do that. They're a tall side, we have a good share of tall players. They're not the best technically, nor are we.

Today will be interesting. We need to stay in the game and hope we can hit them on the counter. I't a decent line-up with Karacan dropped, but it's foolish to continue leaving out Guthrie when his passing is exactly what we need.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 14:50

Taylor hasn't played in a first team since January 2010 apparently.

If Feds' injury is likely to last beyond the next game, can we get an emergency loan? Not that I'd have a scooby who would be available.

I'm amending my prediction for this game to 5-0 now - *cue Taylor playing a blinder and us winning or something*

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 14:50

We're going to get at least a point today I can feel it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 14:51

I don't reckon Guthrie will play for us again. What a fooking waste. :evil:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 02 Mar 2013 14:51

Royal Lady I don't reckon Guthrie will play for us again. What a fooking waste. :evil:

Can blame McDermott for this.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 14:52

Royal Lady I don't reckon Guthrie will play for us again. What a fooking waste. :evil:

TBH he seems like a bit of a bell. No great loss.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 14:54

He's never seemed much of a bell to me. His tweet that got him into trouble was just voicing his opinion that he would try and play the "Reading way" cos he wanted to play. Not sure why McD ever signed him tbh - if his passing style of play is at odds with what McD wants. I reckon if we'd signed RVP McD wouldn't have got the best out of him.

At least Pearcey is playing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 14:55

Royal Lady Taylor hasn't played in a first team since January 2010 apparently.

If Feds' injury is likely to last beyond the next game, can we get an emergency loan? Not that I'd have a scooby who would be available.

I'm amending my prediction for this game to 5-0 now - *cue Taylor playing a blinder and us winning or something*

It would be laughable if we could loan someone in having got a perfectly good keeper just not in the squad. You makes your choice and you takes your medicine.

Our squad really is still thread bare.

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 02 Mar 2013 14:55

MmmMonsterMunch

His tweets don't exactly paint the picture of a really nice bloke. Don't want to drag up the great Guthrie debate again but placing the blame squarely on McDermott's shoulders for this is a bit of a stretch?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Mar 2013 14:55

leicsRoyal
Za Vas Sky Sports News said that Fedders picked up an injury last night. I'm pretty worried about this tbh, Taylor's first PL game for five years I think they said, hope he can get up to speed quickly.

What was he doing to pick up an injury last night? :?

40,000 people were involved in toilet related injuries in the US last year. Probably something stupid at home.

old woman

by old woman » 02 Mar 2013 14:56

Classic case of player not playing improving game by game.

Sorry has not convinced me.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 02 Mar 2013 14:57

According to Talk Sport Hunt is in midfield and Akpan is up front !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Mar 2013 14:57

Royal Ginger
leicsRoyal
Za Vas Sky Sports News said that Fedders picked up an injury last night. I'm pretty worried about this tbh, Taylor's first PL game for five years I think they said, hope he can get up to speed quickly.

What was he doing to pick up an injury last night? :?

40,000 people were involved in toilet related injuries in the US last year. Probably something stupid at home.

Surely they travelled up yesterday? So they either had a light training session after they got there and he was injured during that or someone is telling porkies....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 14:59

I actually stuck up for him when he first signed as others were saying he smelt like trouble. He's then gone on to act like a tw@t for most of the season!

I really feel he came to Reading giving it the biggun "Look at me midfield dynamo with PL experience", expecting to be the big fish in the small pond & it's spectacularly backfired.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 02 Mar 2013 15:00

SPARTA Just a thought, but Stoke continue with 4-4-2 and with a lot of success. Just wondering why Brian can't study their game and put it to good use. They're physical, we can do that. They're a tall side, we have a good share of tall players. They're not the best technically, nor are we.

Jesus Christ. :roll:

They might not be the best technically but their first 11 must have cost 5 times ours.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 02 Mar 2013 15:01

Could be a 451 with Alfie up top, Jobi in behind and Hunt on the left, changing to a 442 when we attack. Probably not though.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 15:03

MmmMonsterMunch I actually stuck up for him when he first signed as others were saying he smelt like trouble. He's then gone on to act like a tw@t for most of the season!

I really feel he came to Reading giving it the biggun "Look at me midfield dynamo with PL experience", expecting to be the big fish in the small pond & it's spectacularly backfired.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly has Guthrie acted a tw@t most of the season?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Mar 2013 15:03

MmmMonsterMunch

He split the fans at Newcastle but the majority appeared to want him to stay last summer, as did Pardew. Who needs a decent experienced Premiership midfielder when you've got Mikkel Leigertwood and Jem Karacan.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 15:04

AirRaidSiren
MmmMonsterMunch I actually stuck up for him when he first signed as others were saying he smelt like trouble. He's then gone on to act like a tw@t for most of the season!

Just out of curiosity, how exactly has Guthrie acted a tw@t most of the season?

Errr stupid tweets, refusing to travel off the top of my head?

396 posts