Yes
23%
No
77%

Total votes: 332
John Peel

Re: Fans' Verdict - Di Canio?

by John Peel » 11 Mar 2013 19:31

Untested in the Premiership. It would be a joke.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:33

No - plain and simple

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:34

Lets be honest here. If he takes over, gets us playing nice football, and gets good results..we'll all be very glad to have him.

Any manager who comes in will have positives and negatives, the true test will be how they perform in the role. Whoever comes in should get our support.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:38

winchester_royal Lets be honest here. If he takes over, gets us playing nice football, and gets good results..we'll all be very glad to have him.

Any manager who comes in will have positives and negatives, the true test will be how they perform in the role. Whoever comes in should get our support.

I'd draw the line at a fascist personally.

larry1971

by larry1971 » 11 Mar 2013 19:49

well things certainly would never be dull with Di Canio around . He's one of the best players to have played in the Premiership and the only problem I see with him is that he expects his players to mnatch the high standards he set as a player.

bigdon

Di Canio a few things you all should know by a Swindon fan

by bigdon » 11 Mar 2013 19:53

Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Di Canio a few things you all should know by a Swindon f

by peterroyal76 » 11 Mar 2013 19:56

Cheers for the info....now do one.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 11 Mar 2013 19:56

:lol:

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 11 Mar 2013 19:56

oxf*rd OFF DI CANIO! I WILL GIVE UP MY SEASON TICKET IF HE ARRIVES

then probably swallow my pride, and start going again

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 11 Mar 2013 19:57

The only good thing about Di Canio getting the job is when he chins Guthrie for stepping out of line. And bans any of the players saying flames.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 11 Mar 2013 19:58

Do not want this cnut at our club.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 11 Mar 2013 19:58

Phil Spencer??!!?? I suppose he does find everyone bargain quality houses, I can see why he'd be important. Wouldn't want Paulo ending up living in Whitley

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Mar 2013 19:58

If Di Canio is appointed I won't be attending any more matches this season.

Not good enough for Swindon and massively not good enough for us.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 19:59

They'll all be clamouring for the door come the end of the season.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 11 Mar 2013 19:59

southbank1871 ............. And bans any of the players saying flames.

I'd be with him on that one.

bigdon

by bigdon » 11 Mar 2013 20:00

MmmMonsterMunch Do not want this cnut at our club.

Nor did any of us to begin with but it really is great fun until it becomes a bit ott

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 11 Mar 2013 20:00

bigdon Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

Yeah thanks for all that shizzle, obvs I didn't bother to read it. We don't want him here thanks :arrow:

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 11 Mar 2013 20:02

LOls, thanks bigdon. Interesting stuff. Now fack off.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Mar 2013 20:03

andrew1957 If Di Canio is appointed I won't be attending any more matches this season.

Not good enough for Swindon and massively not good enough for us.

But you won't...

bigdon

by bigdon » 11 Mar 2013 20:04

MouldyRoyal LOls, thanks bigdon. Interesting stuff. Now fack off.

:D I will come back and visit when we play you in the championship next season :lol:

302 posts