1%
Stephen Kelly
1%

Total votes: 391
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Worst "Player of the season"

by Royal91 » 03 Apr 2013 16:41

Just throwing this out there I think Blackman showed good promise in the few appearances he made.

Good movement, good first touch, linked a few passes and has some pace. Finishing yes that was awful.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 03 Apr 2013 16:42

Alexander Litvinenko Got to be Nick Blackman. Not his fault, at all - but he reminds me of that guy who turned up for a job interview at the BBC and got put on screen as an expert.

Blackman is so, so out of his depth he's embarrassing - as though he walked through the wrong door and suddenly found himself out on the pitch.

Every other player has done some good things at one time or another - even those like McAnuff & L'wood who are competing for the Scapegoat of the Year award.

Blackman has had no redeeming features whatsoever. None! Zilch! Not a one!

(Not a reflection on him, though - more a reflection of the numpties who thought he'd be the answer to our problems and forced him out onto the pitch.)

Well your views completely conflict with mine!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Apr 2013 16:43

Alexander Litvinenko Got to be Nick Blackman. Not his fault, at all - but he reminds me of that guy who turned up for a job interview at the BBC and got put on screen as an expert.

Blackman is so, so out of his depth he's embarrassing - as though he walked through the wrong door and suddenly found himself out on the pitch.

Every other player has done some good things at one time or another - even those like McAnuff & L'wood who are competing for the Scapegoat of the Year award.

(Not a reflection on him, though - more a reflection of the numpties who thought he'd be the answer to our problems and forced him out onto the pitch.)

thought hes looked pretty promising and effective whenever ive seen him, can hold the ball up, got a trick in him etc
liked him.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 03 Apr 2013 16:44

Is this a disguised 'i h8 Leighterwood' fred?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Apr 2013 16:47

melonhead
Jay o/ 3. McAnuff (and don't me the arguement about assists. If you have eleven shit players, one will always have the most assists)

massive lol at u

TBF it's also true that if you have a discussion forum full to the brim of utter bellends one of them has to be the biggest

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Apr 2013 16:48

They don't really all look the same you know?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Apr 2013 16:51

:| :| :|

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Apr 2013 16:53

Silver Fox

They don't really all look the same you know?

Nick Blackman

Guy Goma

Uncanny

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Apr 2013 16:55

creative_username_1 Is this a disguised 'i h8 Leighterwood' fred?

Nope. Although I did expect that, I like Ledge as a player myself (and didn't vote for him here). It cements his scapegoat status when he's playing in an under appreciated role in a shit team.

Mikele Leigertwood

Ali Dia

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Apr 2013 16:57

Based on the reason he was brought in and the expectation; Guthrie by a country mile.

I had no hopes that Leigertwood would be up for it and it's been pretty unfair on him that he's constantly been thrown in the deep end.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 03 Apr 2013 17:08

Nasty, nasty thread. Can you imagine going to the school speech day where all the swots get their prizes and then some poor sod gets called up on stage in front of all the parents to receive ' Thickest Fvcking Student of the Year Award'.
We all know who couldn't cut it - but let's be a little gracious - we don't need to bury the fvckers.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Apr 2013 17:17

Ian Royal Gorkks by a mile. He was atrocious and played at a time when the team occaisionally mustered parts of a good performance and wasn't shot to buggery in confidencd and form.

Honourable mentions go to Gunter who has to easily be our worst signing of the summer. £2m and no better than Cummings.

Otherwise lots of mediocrity and plenty of terrible performances rsscued by circumstance or the occaisional good showing.

Lol @ Nyone who genuinely thinks Guthrie can compete with either of them in the poor performance stakes. He's been mediocre at worst.

Personally i would say he is a better player than Cummings. I think Gunter has started in a couple off our clean sheets aswell.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 03 Apr 2013 17:19

Didnt want to vote really but i did and i chose Ledge

Ledge is a Ledge and he is only the worst for me because he is completely out of his depth in the prem

I hope we dont get rid of him if we go down though as he is a good championship player but i suppose us keeping him could depend on brian getting a club and wanting to buy him

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Apr 2013 17:20

Pandoras Box Nasty, nasty thread. Can you imagine going to the school speech day where all the swots get their prizes and then some poor sod gets called up on stage in front of all the parents to receive ' Thickest Fvcking Student of the Year Award'.
We all know who couldn't cut it - but let's be a little gracious - we don't need to bury the fvckers.

Agree with this, not a fan of this thread.

LOL @ the suggestion that it is Leigertwood though. Never mind that he's kept, erm, every other midfielder we have out the side, and outperformed them.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 03 Apr 2013 17:21

Alexander Litvinenko Got to be Nick Blackman.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

He's been here 5 minutes. Why not pick one of the new Icelandic kids that's just arrived? :roll:

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 03 Apr 2013 17:22

SCIAG
Pandoras Box Nasty, nasty thread. Can you imagine going to the school speech day where all the swots get their prizes and then some poor sod gets called up on stage in front of all the parents to receive ' Thickest Fvcking Student of the Year Award'.

LOL @ the suggestion that it is Leigertwood though. Never mind that he's kept, erm, every other midfielder we have out the side, and outperformed them.

Ledge kept every other midfielder out of the side because he was one of Brians faves

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 03 Apr 2013 17:24

Gotta be Guthrie because
a) he lead us to believe we'd bought a decent player, and hence we had less need for 'another' good central midfielder
b) he refused to play, thus destabilising the squad and giving us an even lower chance of winning games
and c) even when he played, he was average at best

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 03 Apr 2013 17:24

It's nothing like the same. These are people who are being paid thousands upon thousands of pounds a week to play football, not some keen amateur struggling with no real talent. They are also grown adults.

Not saying I like the thread but it's a crap analogy.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Apr 2013 17:26

super darren caskey
SCIAG

Ledge kept every other midfielder out of the side because he was one of Brians faves

Think you've got cause and effect muddled up there.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Apr 2013 17:30

Leigertwood leading this poll shows what clueless 'tards Reading fans are.

I voted £2.5 million Chris Gunter. Complete and utter pony.