McAnuff makes Premier League team of the season

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: McAnuff makes Premier League team of the season

by Handsome Man » 25 May 2013 12:03

He didn't score, but he kept the team going for the full 90 minutes in each game, set up loads, and looked like a premiership player.

Dislike Jobi, and you probably don't like football anymore

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2013 13:46

Great Team...

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 25 May 2013 13:54

Pool and Darts Somebody help me please.
I have been searching on the FAQs and tried advance search (which only searches the forums).
Can someone tell me how to delete my account on HNA?
This place is so full of retards that there is no point coming here any more.
I am convinced that lots of users on here are not Reading supporters, but mentally deficient children that have just found somewhere they can get some attention.
So please, how do I delete my account?
Thanks

Quite simple, just stop logging on and reading the forums. HTH.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 25 May 2013 14:26

Pool and Darts Somebody help me please.
I have been searching on the FAQs and tried advance search (which only searches the forums).
Can someone tell me how to delete my account on HNA?
This place is so full of retards that there is no point coming here any more.
I am convinced that lots of users on here are not Reading supporters, but mentally deficient children that have just found somewhere they can get some attention.
So please, how do I delete my account?
Thanks

:lol: :lol:

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 25 May 2013 18:22

marcusopp Only morons continuously cane the players of the team they 'support'.
McAnuff's a winger. Wingers can't be consistent, as their game is about beating the opposition full back to provide service (not necessarily goals). Every week they'll be up against a different full back and it's much easier to defend than dribble around someone.
He is, however, very consistent with his work rate and supports the full back defensively.

PS, he strikes the ball very well on most occasions, but has been unlucky this year.
Even Kebe's scuffs seem to find a way in!
We'll again have two of the best wingers in the league again next season.

This ^^

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 May 2013 18:35

McAnuff's a winger. Wingers can't be consistent, as their game is about beating the opposition full back to provide service (not necessarily goals). Every week they'll be up against a different full back and it's much easier to defend than dribble around someone.
He is, however, very consistent with his work rate and supports the full back defensively.

PS, he strikes the ball very well on most occasions, but has been unlucky this year.

Four of the best wingers next season - hopefully...

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 25 May 2013 20:42

Bit of a relief in a way.

I'm surprised we didn't fill all of the outfield positions this year!

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 25 May 2013 20:48

And yet......

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/94

Look at the assists. He was at least doing something right compared to others

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 25 May 2013 20:50

notloyalenuffroyal And yet......

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/94

Look at the assists. He was at least doing something right compared to others

Interesting to see Tabb in the team too....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 May 2013 16:49

MmmMonsterMunch Perhaps it shows how much effort he makes for us even if unfortunately those shots don't equal goals?..........Just a thought but carry on bashing him all the same.

I will be fcuked off if he leaves but I wouldn't blame him with the amount of stick he gets on here. He is the new John Oster it seems.

Agreed. It's very easy to criticise people for their failings. The guy is primarily a winger not an out and out striker. Might as well start featuring strikers for the number of tackles they failed to make! At least he wasn't afraid to shoot, unlike some other members of the team.

On a more positive note, how about the stats for the crosses that he made and the assists that he has been credited with?!

I too will be pissed off if he leaves and I think the team would suffer as a consequence.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 May 2013 20:59

RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch Perhaps it shows how much effort he makes for us even if unfortunately those shots don't equal goals?..........Just a thought but carry on bashing him all the same.

I will be fcuked off if he leaves but I wouldn't blame him with the amount of stick he gets on here. He is the new John Oster it seems.

Agreed. It's very easy to criticise people for their failings. The guy is primarily a winger not an out and out striker. Might as well start featuring strikers for the number of tackles they failed to make!

Scoring goals is part of a winger's job though. Tackling isn't really part of a striker's job.

McAnuff is a poor finisher for a winger, but he makes up for that with other areas of his game. We wouldn't have a player of his quality without that weakness.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 27 May 2013 23:50

Got to admit I rarely read the Team Board precisely because of threads like this. Yeah, we didn't have the most successful season. Oooh, we were only the 19th best team in England. What a fecking disgrace. We're punching far and away above our weight in terms of our crowd support and yet it's still not good enough for some of you idiots.

However, what really gets my goat is complete imbeciles posting threads like this. Erm, what exactly is your point? Jobi did a fine job for us last season. The bloke works his bollox off. Even if you don't like him as a player I'm not sure how posting some cheap old crap like this (and I think it is cheap old crap) can sit easily with being a supposed Reading fan. I'm in complete agreement with marcusopp.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 May 2013 11:15

He’s a winger right? Seems a bit odd putting him in an ineffective XI on account of his shooting then. Surely a winger should be judged on his creativity/assists?

Well Jobi was 16th in the entire Premier League with 7 assists, the highest being Matta with 12.

I’d say that makes him pretty f/cking effective in my book, regardless of the convenient stat which broke him into this randomly assembled statistical trivia team. Technically makes the bench for the most effective 11? Good job jobi.
Last edited by Extended-Phenotype on 28 May 2013 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 May 2013 11:34

agreed. well played. ignore the morons

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 29 May 2013 01:46

melonhead agreed. well played. ignore the morons

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2013 19:06

It's doubly laughable if the picture from someone else showing their positions is true. A defence made up of CBs and a CM. A midfield made up of wingers and a CM.

The Jobi knockers were already clasping at straws to criticise him... this is just more of the same.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 29 May 2013 19:33

Extended-Phenotype He’s a winger right? Seems a bit odd putting him in an ineffective XI on account of his shooting then. Surely a winger should be judged on his creativity/assists?

Well Jobi was 16th in the entire Premier League with 7 assists, the highest being Matta with 12.

I’d say that makes him pretty f/cking effective in my book, regardless of the convenient stat which broke him into this randomly assembled statistical trivia team. Technically makes the bench for the most effective 11? Good job jobi.

Good post. Fully agreed!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 May 2013 22:58

Ian Royal It's doubly laughable if the picture from someone else showing their positions is true. A defence made up of CBs and a CM. A midfield made up of wingers and a CM.

The Jobi knockers were already clasping at straws to criticise him... this is just more of the same.

Gardner has played right back extensively in the past, and Adam has played central midfield for most of his career. I think you can edit a player's position on FIFA, wouldn't be surprised if Adam has had his edited there.

I really don't think saying "McAnuff isn't good at shooting" is clasping at straws. It's like saying Harte is slow, or McCarthy has poor distribution- a weakness that is obvious to most people. Robson-Kanu has scored significantly more league goals in far fewer minutes, and that's factoring in Hal's slow first season. McAnuff misses chance you'd expect him to score, he's not good at shooting.

Of course, you could argue that the other areas of his game make up for this weakness (and I think they do, he's our second best winger after Kebe for me), but it is still valid to criticise him for not tucking those chances away.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2013 23:19

I've said on this very thread McAnuff isn't good at shooting iirc.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 30 May 2013 10:41