Pogrebnyak

964 posts
LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogrebnyak

by LightwaterRoyal » 15 Jul 2013 23:48

winchester_royal Just ftr, and I don't really care if this is the right thread to put it in, but I think Blackman will be absolutely mustard for us next season. Feel free to quote me on this come March.

I agree with you, he showed glimpses of quality last season but looked very nervous a lot of the time. His performance against West Ham saved him right at the end.

alderdude

by alderdude » 16 Jul 2013 04:06

DOYLERSAROYALER Leeds United boss Brian McDermott says he wants his side to be one of the best passing sides in the championship next season.

:lol: Leeds fans are going to be pretty disappointed. :lol:

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 16 Jul 2013 09:20

Reading striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has said he wants to either stay in the Premier League or return to Russian football - and his agent reports that there is interest from top-flight clubs.

Pogrebnyak, 29, moved to Berkshire on a free transfer from Stuttgart last summer but scored only five times as the Royals were unable to avoid dropping straight back into the Championship.

The Russia international had a relegation release clause in his contract and it appears inevitable that he will move on before the transfer window closes.

He told sovsport.ru: "It is true that my dream is to continue my career in England, in the Premier League. But I wouldn't rule out a move to Russia.

"The best moments of my career are from the Russian championship. So anything can happen."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... ai8Vbfx.99

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 10:18

winchester_royal Just ftr, and I don't really care if this is the right thread to put it in, but I think Blackman will be absolutely mustard for us next season. Feel free to quote me on this come March.

What sort? Good old fashioned Colmans can't be beaten, whole-grain can be quite fancy but feel like it's lacking something, then there's american which is just wrong and frankly disappointing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 12:33

LightwaterRoyal

I agree with you, he showed glimpses of quality last season but looked very nervous a lot of the time. His performance against West Ham saved him right at the end.

I think he'll be utterly mediocre. Feel free to quote me on that in March too. I just can't warm to him, we've got plenty of others who I'd rather see get pitch time than him, so tbh even if I'm wrong and he does have a stormer, I can't help but thik I'll feel agrieved (delighted though I'll be that he'd come good) because it'll mean others I prefer haven't performed, or been given the chance to perform.

sorry for the derail from the Pog mongery.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:36

maffff

What sort? Good old fashioned Colmans can't be beaten, whole-grain can be quite fancy but feel like it's lacking something, then there's american which is just wrong and frankly disappointing.

dijon

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:37

Ian Royal
LightwaterRoyal

I think he'll be utterly mediocre. Feel free to quote me on that in March too. I just can't warm to him, we've got plenty of others who I'd rather see get pitch time than him, so tbh even if I'm wrong and he does have a stormer, I can't help but thik I'll feel agrieved (delighted though I'll be that he'd come good) because it'll mean others I prefer haven't performed, or been given the chance to perform.

cant warm to him?

in the minutes of football youve seen from the guy?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Jul 2013 14:41

melonhead
Ian Royal
LightwaterRoyal I agree with you, he showed glimpses of quality last season but looked very nervous a lot of the time. His performance against West Ham saved him right at the end.

cant warm to him?

For me it's nothing to do with "warming to him" or not - I just don't think he's good enough (and I've seen every single minute he's played for Reading).

To me he just looks out of his depth, and not able to react very well under pressure (for instance he's completely screwed up the few good chances he's had).

So nothing against the guy, I just think he's a bit of a "smash and grab" merchant who might do well in the lower leagues but was completely lost in the PL - and so I'm not expecting great things from him in tier 2, or in what I hope NA is building, which is a team which plays in a style that will thrive in the PL.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 14:52

im happy t5o go with what nige decides.
if hes in the plans, hes good enough f0r me

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 16 Jul 2013 14:56

melonhead im happy t5o go with what nige decides.

Ditto. I just don't expect Blackman to figure in those plans, unless possibly he's kept on the bench in case we need to throw a big' un on for the last 10 minutes of a game to try and snatch a equaliser. I just can't see him being part of the fast-flowing, silky-passing team that I hope NA is building.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 Jul 2013 15:05

The League 1 team he left weren't that fussed about losing him (certainly none of the fans I know).

That, combined with watching him be completely out of his depth, is all I really need to know tbf

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Jul 2013 15:09

Just really do need a very big improvement and injection of about 3 strikers before this season starts

1 Pogrebnyak is going to be offski
2 Roberts is injured
3 Blackman is not good enough

That leaves Alf. Plus I think HRK could be useful in a striker role.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 15:10

Alexander Litvinenko

Ditto. I just don't expect Blackman to figure in those plans, unless possibly he's kept on the bench in case we need to throw a big' un on for the last 10 minutes of a game to try and snatch a equaliser. I just can't see him being part of the fast-flowing, silky-passing team that I hope NA is building.

seemed comfortable on the ball when i saw him play tbf

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jul 2013 15:50

melonhead
Alexander Litvinenko

It was the people in row Z who were uncomfortable tbf.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 15:58

:|

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 Jul 2013 16:01

melonhead
Alexander Litvinenko

He couldn't trap a mouse nevermind a pass from another Reading player.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 16:13

bah!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 16:20

melonhead
Ian Royal
LightwaterRoyal I agree with you, he showed glimpses of quality last season but looked very nervous a lot of the time. His performance against West Ham saved him right at the end.

cant warm to him?

In those minutes which are most if not all of them yes. And in his record elsewhere, where he came from and the amount we payed for him. And his face. I just don't like his face either. Most of this is rational. Some of it is not.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2013 16:21

PAH!

Uncle Albert

by Uncle Albert » 16 Jul 2013 20:15

Actually lads I've been a season ticket holder for 11/12 years now, went to about 85% of the games last year. What I saw for 95% of Pogrebnyak was someone who never went above a jog and couldn't hold the ball up to save his life. Under Big Mac we played him when we weren't out to score, because we knew it was pretty safe he wasn't going to. There's not much point in a striker that doesn't score, and before you say he does so much else, he really does not.

964 posts