Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

355 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:19

.......and if he sits on the bench for a year, what are his chances of getting a decent contract out of his next employer? No problem with him thinking about what is good for his family's future when he's come up through lower leagues (piss poor money) and his career will end in his early 30s.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2014 19:20

Royal Lady Another player said that once, can't remember who it was now - but it certainly wound me up. Yeah he has a family to provide for - he's currently on at least £20k a WEEK I reckon - greedy barsteward. Just shows it's all about the money - there's no pride in playing for a team anymore, just whoever pays the most. Give the youngsters a chance if needs be - at least they'd be happy to play for the team and you might get a bit more team spirit instead of people throwing wobblies or whatever because they haven't been given a new deal yet. Rant over. :oops:

I may be wrong but I think it was Nicky Shorey first time around and we saw how shyte his attitude became at that point.

I suspect that ALF is now a rotting apple in the barrel and that is what Adkins was alluding to with his remark to Dellor.

I suspect that the Official Wing of the ALF Brigade will place a fatwa on me for this but 'cheerio ALF, thanks for all you did in the past (that is appreciated regardless) but close the door on the way out.'

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jan 2014 19:22

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady Another player said that once, can't remember who it was now - but it certainly wound me up. Yeah he has a family to provide for - he's currently on at least £20k a WEEK I reckon - greedy barsteward. Just shows it's all about the money - there's no pride in playing for a team anymore, just whoever pays the most. Give the youngsters a chance if needs be - at least they'd be happy to play for the team and you might get a bit more team spirit instead of people throwing wobblies or whatever because they haven't been given a new deal yet. Rant over. :oops:

I may be wrong but I think it was Nicky Shorey first time around and we saw how shyte his attitude became at that point.

I suspect that ALF is now a rotting apple in the barrel and that is what Adkins was alluding to with his remark to Dellor.

I suspect that the Official Wing of the ALF Brigade will place a fatwa on me for this but 'cheerio ALF, thanks for all you did in the past (that is appreciated regardless) but close the door on the way out.'

Was Sidwell I think.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:22

rob the royal
RoyalBlue Sharp offers far more in terms of overall performance and contribution to the team than ALF and that was shown again in today's game. Look at the way that Sharp holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. Similar size to ALF but much stronger on the ball. IMO he also makes more intelligent runs and I reckon he is slightly quicker too.

The guy clearly wants out so let's get what we can for him and sign Sharp + ANOther.

This ^

Also is it me or has the Pog started to get a bit lazy again? Would be good to get someone in who actually bothers to jump for headers...

It's a shame but it's the same story as last year, we're just too poor to carry Alf for a full 90 minutes. It would be different if we were creating a lot of chances and needed someone to put them away but sadly we're incapable of that.

That's really harsh on the Pog I think. He is always one of the better players week in week out. I suspect the poor b@stard is getting demoralised with the complete lack of service he gets. He even played on the right wing for a bit 2nd half!

It's our central midfield that is the issue for me. Really hope we get a defensive midfielder & attacking one in January.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jan 2014 19:23

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue Sharp offers far more in terms of overall performance and contribution to the team than ALF and that was shown again in today's game. Look at the way that Sharp holds the ball up and brings other players into the game. Similar size to ALF but much stronger on the ball. IMO he also makes more intelligent runs and I reckon he is slightly quicker too.

Telling response from Adkins, particularly when Charles Watts reveals that Le Fondre had told him that he had been expecting new deal since last February. Could it be that ALF has been letting that get to him?

To top it all Le Fondre then comes out with the classic 'I've got a young family to provide for'! Didn't realise that we didn't pay our players if they weren't on the pitch - poor old Jason Roberts must be absolutely broke.

As someone pointed out on twitter, ALF goes out of his way to avoid giving interviews then the moment the window is open, there he' is in front of his biggest fan, Tim Dellor.

The guy clearly wants out so let's get what we can for him and sign Sharp + ANOther.

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? Sharp looks like LeFondre, just without the pace, movement, ability to read a pass, or desire to score a goal.

Alf has a 1-in-2 ratio when starting. Adkins can do one and don't blame Alf for wanting to walk away.

McD didn't start him either. Gotta be a reason for that, can't just pin it on Nige.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2014 19:23

John Madejski's Wallet .......and if he sits on the bench for a year, what are his chances of getting a decent contract out of his next employer? No problem with him thinking about what is good for his family's future when he's come up through lower leagues (piss poor money) and his career will end in his early 30s.

Here we go again, that old chestnut. Why the f*ck shouldn't footballers have to get another job when their footballing career ends? That's what other people have to do. Why should footballers not have to work hard until they are 67 like everyone else?

And as Adkins says, why is he sitting on the bench? Could it be because he is spending more time sulking than working for the team?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2014 19:24

Pepe the Horseman
RoyalBlue

Was Sidwell I think.

Don't think it was. Don't forget that Sidwell willingly saw out his contract and gave 100% for us right to the very end.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:25

Pepe the Horseman Was Sidwell I think.

Nooooooooooooo Sidders was the ultimate pro right up until he left. He gave 100% until the end - the likes of Stephen Hunt & Nick Shorey however....

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:26

RoyalBlue

Are you Tim Dellor? Take your blinkers off and watch the two players again. Your description of Sharp is quite unbelievable. The great thing about today was that Saint ALF got brought on with plenty of the game left and contributed bugger all.

Yep, Alf was completely anonymous when he came on. But Sharp? Really? He spent 90mins being outpaced by every single defender, not getting on the end of any runs, not winning any balls.

Adkins is stripping all flair out of the team, and all our strikers are suffering for that. But for your best finisher to be sat on the bench in a team struggling for goals is just barking

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2014 19:26

They can easily provide for their future, with the wages players get these days. Buy a nice house - doesn't have to be a great big mansion, get a nice car - doesn't have to be a Ferrari, put some into a pension - I'm sure they pay into some sort of thing where they can draw the money when they retire from the game - but even if they don't - they can do what other players have had to do in the past, and which someone else just mentioned. Get another job. Look at Martin Hicks - ended up a postman, as did Neil Webb. Don't hear them moaning how unfair it all is. Spoiled brats - money has ruined football. :cry:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2014 19:27

^ +1mmmmunch balls on the line...no gripes with Sidders

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Jan 2014 19:28

Royal Lady there's no pride in playing for a team anymore, just whoever pays the most.

Why would Le Fondre be proud of playing for Reading? :|

I think Le Fondre is a good player, but Sharp and Pogrebnyak (and Roberts lololol) are just as good if not better. If he is causing problems behind the scenes then I would send him on his way, with a great big "thanks for the memories".

And I am fairly sure it was Sidwell who mentioned his family as a reason why he wanted to go to Chelsea, along with just wanting to take the chance whilst he could. He was still dedicated on the pitch.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:29

RoyalBlue
John Madejski's Wallet .......and if he sits on the bench for a year, what are his chances of getting a decent contract out of his next employer? No problem with him thinking about what is good for his family's future when he's come up through lower leagues (piss poor money) and his career will end in his early 30s.

Here we go again, that old chestnut. Why the f*ck shouldn't footballers have to get another job when their footballing career ends? That's what other people have to do. Why should footballers not have to work hard until they are 67 like everyone else?

And as Adkins says, why is he sitting on the bench? Could it be because he is spending more time sulking than working for the team?

You are f#cking mental if you think anyone shouldn't try and make hay while the sun shines, knowing full well that when your career ends you'll end up earning in a year what you currently get a year.

FFS man, get your head out of your arse

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jan 2014 19:29

Wasn't dissing Sidwell's attitude, was just saying it was him who said about providing for his fam.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:31

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue

Are you Tim Dellor? Take your blinkers off and watch the two players again. Your description of Sharp is quite unbelievable. The great thing about today was that Saint ALF got brought on with plenty of the game left and contributed bugger all.

Yep, Alf was completely anonymous when he came on. But Sharp? Really? He spent 90mins being outpaced by every single defender, not getting on the end of any runs, not winning any balls.

Adkins is stripping all flair out of the team, and all our strikers are suffering for that. But for your best finisher to be sat on the bench in a team struggling for goals is just barking

Rather than blaming Adkins perhaps we should all realise he has very very limited options in CM & this is causing a lot of our issues. He can only play the cards he's dealt. I actually think Guthrie slows the tempo down too much & takes the bite out of the game. Whether that's his own doing or he just doesn't have the right partner yet I'm not sure.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:36

MmmMonsterMunch
John Madejski's Wallet

Rather than blaming Adkins perhaps we should all realise he has very very limited options in CM & this is causing a lot of our issues. He can only play the cards he's dealt. I actually think Guthrie slows the tempo down too much & takes the bite out of the game. Whether that's his own doing or he just doesn't have the right partner yet I'm not sure.

He may be limited in the cards he's dealt, but Adkins won't change to compensate, so for that I will blame him. I agree with you on Guthrie, I think sometimes he causes things to slow down too much

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:37

But what options does he have other than Guthrie & Williams?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 01 Jan 2014 19:38

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue

You are f#cking mental if you think anyone shouldn't try and make hay while the sun shines, knowing full well that when your career ends you'll end up earning in a year what you currently get a year.

FFS man, get your head out of your arse

Eh? What's that now? :D

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Jan 2014 19:38

Royal Lady he's currently on at least £20k a WEEK

Put the spliff down Royal Lady

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Jan 2014 19:51

I for one am quite happy to have a player who's not prepared to just sit down and take the money. I would expect there to be a bit of interest in him if the club make him available for transfer.

355 posts