The summer: I'm looking forward to seeing.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The summer: I'm looking forward to seeing.....

by melonhead » 10 Apr 2014 15:51

lords all day long if there was a choice

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Apr 2014 16:19

Not having to watch that shower of overpaid under achievers every other Saturday.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 10 Apr 2014 16:22

You don't actually have to watch them, y'know. Once I realised this, my life improved immeasurably. I now sit on the sofa hungover and in pain, wondering what happened the night before, which is actually greatly preferable

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 10 Apr 2014 16:27

Green Oval probably. Never manage to get tickets for Lords and don't really like leaving London.

You don't seem to like leaving London, Green. Bad experience?

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 10 Apr 2014 16:48

The way some of you are going on you would think we are languishing at the bottom 20 points from safety. Get a grip! We are 6th in the division - There are more teams below us than there are above. Yes the football has been frustrating and probably the worst football I have seen for a Reading team but compare this season to the likes of Wolves who went down to league 1 after relegation from the prem. It could be alot worse. I am just looking forward to hopefully a more attractive brand of football next season.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 10 Apr 2014 16:49

floyd__streete All the high-earning, under-performing, preening, tempramental pr*cks leaving the club.

Goodbye Drenthe, I look forward to you Instagramming pictures of your boots and your homies in your own little clique at whatever club you end up next on your journey from Real Madrid to Ryman League, you fat waster.

Goodbye Guthrie, you have the attitude of Joey Barton and half of the ability, you horrible chav.

Goodbye Pog, you have been good to watch at times but all too often you play with all the commitment of someone with M.E.

Goodbye Gunter, you utter melt.

Goodbye Akpan, not sure how much you earn but it will surely be far more than we can afford for your entirely modest abilities.

Goodbye Adkins, you are about as trustworthy as a double-glazing salesman.

If anyone else wants to go then - almost entirely without exception - that is entirely fine by me.

Don't let it get to you just because they earn more then you, have a bigger house then that Pig Dwelling you reside in, have bigger cars, have the latest home entertainment systems, eat at the best places, get the best deals on the things you can only dream of Chin up Chum

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Apr 2014 16:51

- all the over-paid wasters leaving the club (those we can shift anyway)
- youth replacing dead wood
- the start of a new team who hopefully in a few years will again push for the top six
- the back of Zingarevich

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 10 Apr 2014 16:56

It seems a lot of you expect miracles from very little.

Adkins is a good manager who is working with what he's got after being promised everything. He is also more likely to get us playing more enjoyable football once given some money to do that.

We have a great chance of being promoted.

Take your heads out of your arses and accept not every season is like the 106

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 10 Apr 2014 17:05

I think the elephant in the room here is that watching most football teams is miserable, most of the time, especially if you are a naturally miserable person. Floyd.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 10 Apr 2014 17:06

SPARTA - the start of a new team who hopefully in a few years will again push for the top six

Yeah! In a few years we can achieve exactly what we are achieving now.

:|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Apr 2014 17:20

MouldyRoyal
SPARTA - the start of a new team who hopefully in a few years will again push for the top six

You never know! It'll be nice to see Adkins put a team together that 'can' play his football. Young players who are proud to wear the shirt and will fight to keep it. Mix it with a bit of experience here and there, and in 3-4 years we may well have a decent little side again! We've been utter gash for large parts of this season and still find ourselves in 6th with 5 to go, so it's more than plausible a rebuild could benefit the club both on and off the pitch in a few years time.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Apr 2014 17:27

SPARTA
MouldyRoyal

You never know! It'll be nice to see Adkins put a team together that 'can' play his football. Young players who are proud to wear the shirt and will fight to keep it. Mix it with a bit of experience here and there, and in 3-4 years we may well have a decent little side again! We've been utter gash for large parts of this season and still find ourselves in 6th with 5 to go, so it's more than plausible a rebuild could benefit the club both on and off the pitch in a few years time.

See that stick? Try grabbing the other end.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Apr 2014 17:43

joeroyal Don't let it get to you just because they earn more then you, have a bigger house then that Pig Dwelling you reside in, have bigger cars, have the latest home entertainment systems, eat at the best places, get the best deals on the things you can only dream of Chin up Chum

Literally no issue at all with people earning big wages if they deserve it. Our 'big names' are either 'injured' or underperforming. Not a lot of time for that personally. But then I am sure you are a star-struck sycophant who can't RT a picture of Danny Williams eating a Nandos quickly enough :!: Paying their wages makes us both mugs, eh :?: That's why I want them to go. We can't afford anyone genuinely good, sure. So lets cut our losses and go for 'young and hungry'. And I am not talking about Drenthe's clearly substantial fast food diet kind of hungry.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Apr 2014 21:16

Green LUXembourg Royal in the Bree Louise following a playoff final defeat.

deal

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 10 Apr 2014 22:07

You missed that other useless pile of manure that is Nick Blackman. Quite what BMcD was thinking when he signed Blackman and Akpan is beyond me.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Apr 2014 22:31

joeroyal Don't let it get to you just because they earn more then you, have a bigger house then that Pig Dwelling you reside in, have bigger cars, have the latest home entertainment systems, eat at the best places, get the best deals on the things you can only dream of Chin up Chum

Don't worry Joe, you will have all that once your Mum gets off benefits
Or she finds a Dad for you.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 10 Apr 2014 23:40

moonwalklikebas The way some of you are going on you would think we are languishing at the bottom 20 points from safety. Get a grip! We are 6th in the division - There are more teams below us than there are above. Yes the football has been frustrating and probably the worst football I have seen for a Reading team but compare this season to the likes of Wolves who went down to league 1 after relegation from the prem. It could be alot worse. I am just looking forward to hopefully a more attractive brand of football next season.

+1

Getting pretty pissed off with a lot on here and a lot more at the games (especially the numpties giving the team a load of verbals at Bournemouth. Yes I was there and at Charlton). We are still 6th and in with a good chance of getting into the payoffs. All most can do is moan about the team. It is frustrating but we are still there. Get behind the team or shut the F++k up. They don't need us moaning at them, they need us to support them.

I still think we will make it to Wembley and potentially win it. End of rant ..sorry

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Apr 2014 13:28

UpThePrem Getting pretty pissed off with a lot on here and a lot more at the games (especially the numpties giving the team a load of verbals at Bournemouth. Yes I was there and at Charlton).

Look at you, Superfan :!:

I wish I could add

'Goodbye Reading fans, you sycophantic, thick-necked suck-ups cooing over the ocassional Drenthe step-over congratulating yourselves over how good your support is just because you would applaud a dog turd if it was dressed up in RFC colours'

But sadly I think we're stuck with you all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Apr 2014 13:32

.....guess an open topped bus parade is off then?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Apr 2014 13:35

AthleticoSpizz .....guess an open topped bus parade is off then?

We could always get it driven over a cliff, Young Ones style.