Middlesbrough (H) - Match Thread

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Middlesbrough (H) - Match Thread

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 15:50

seanboyd_2
Ian Royal Woo. Heard Pog's name. Immediately after, ball with 'Boro.

Actually, Pog has been pretty decent so far, he hasnt given the ball away much and has linked up with Cox several times.

If you're there, why the hell are you posting, not watching?
If you're not there, how do you know?

Boro4life

by Boro4life » 10 Jan 2015 15:51

From a boro point of view only thing that's worrying me is that we are not ahead yet which means it can turn against us if you go and score an early goal.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2015 15:53

Then again Ian, Pog could put in a man of the match performance and score five goals and you'd still compain he didn't score six.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 15:54

Boro4life From a boro point of view only thing that's worrying me is that we are not ahead yet which means it can turn against us if you go and score and early goal.

From what I've heard you've been profligate in front of goal. So I'd agree that your only worry sounds like missing all your opportunities to win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 15:54

From Despair To Where? Then again Ian, Pog could put in a man of the match performance and score five goals and you'd still compain he didn't score six.

That's drivel.

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 10 Jan 2015 15:57

When I first came here I wondered why everyone was harsh on Ian Royal, I am starting to understand why hahah.

Strong second half for us and we can take this game!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2015 16:00

Well i could quote where you've been completely over the top in slagging him off but i can only embed 3 quotes.

Put it this way, Murray could have an excellent game and not score and you'd say it was down to the service, Pog could have an excellent game but not score and you'd put it down to him being overpaid and shit.

Give credit where it's due, by all accounts he's having a decent game, not spectacular, but decent and the signs suggest that if he sticks around, he could do a job for us for the rest of the season which is precisely what we are looking for and at no extra expense which would be a bonus.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 10 Jan 2015 16:05, edited 2 times in total.

Boro4life

by Boro4life » 10 Jan 2015 16:00

Ian Royal
Boro4life From a boro point of view only thing that's worrying me is that we are not ahead yet which means it can turn against us if you go and score and early goal.

From what I've heard you've been profligate in front of goal. So I'd agree that your only worry sounds like missing all your opportunities to win.

We were wasteful with our chances at Barnsley to only difference was against Barnsley, we had so many chances that it was almost impossible not to take some of them. We wont get that many chances again today so in the second half we need to take more of them although at the back we rarely let them in so not worried about conceding as much.

Whitleyroyal

by Whitleyroyal » 10 Jan 2015 16:03

Boro4life
Ian Royal

We were wasteful with our chances at Barnsley to only difference was against Barnsley, we had so many chances that it was almost impossible not to take some of them. We wont get that many chances again today so in the second half we need to take more of them although at the back we rarely let them in so not worried about conceding as much.

Be concerned! we have Blackman to come on.. Thats like being starving and being given a can of spam with no key on the can!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Jan 2015 16:13

We are going to nick this. Gut feel.

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 10 Jan 2015 16:13

Readings passing and possession of the ball is not up to scratch today.

Defensively doing well, closing down very fast.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 16:13

From Despair To Where? Well i could quote where you've been completely over the top in slagging him off but i can only embed 3 quotes.

Put it this way, Murray could have an excellent game and not score and you'd say it was down to the service, Pog could have an excellent game but not score and you'd put it down to him being overpaid and shit.

Give credit where it's due, by all accounts he's having a decent game, not spectacular, but decent and the signs suggest that if he sticks around, he could do a job for us for the rest of the season which is precisely what we are looking for and at no extra expense which would be a bonus.

Again, drivel.

I cirticised Murray against Watford for missing golden opportunities.

My entire dislike of Pog is based on 1) The size of his wages 2) His mediocre performances 3) The mediocrity of his performances compared to his massive wages. The second he starts earning his money, I'm on board. So far he's been with us for 23 months of play. He's blatantly our top earner. For only one of those 23 months has he had any case for being in our top 5 performers. Not. Good. Enough.

I can't comment on whether he's having a good game at the moment, too little information. If you'll actually read what I've said about him, it's that I'd heard his name once whilst listening to the majority of the first half and we immediately lost the ball. I've not even heard HRK's name.

It's not unreasonable to ask seanboyd how he can categorically say he's having a good game.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 10 Jan 2015 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Jan 2015 16:14

No shots from us - is that correct? Seems from Sky sports that Boro are all over us :cry:

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 10 Jan 2015 16:15

Royal Lady No shots from us - is that correct? Seems from Sky sports that Boro are all over us :cry:

Yep no shots yet.

Pog had a header, thats about the closest we've got.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Jan 2015 16:16

Royal Lady No shots from us - is that correct? Seems from Sky sports that Boro are all over us :cry:

A header from Pog, from 6 yards out that went over the bar in the first half.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 16:16

2 off target according to RP.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Jan 2015 16:17

Jeez - again?? Shooting practice in training next week then lads - give it a go ffs

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 10 Jan 2015 16:18

Reading are growing into the game!

EDIT.

Pog off to an ovation, Blackman on!
Last edited by seanboyd_2 on 10 Jan 2015 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Boro4life

by Boro4life » 10 Jan 2015 16:20

This is frustrating atm reading will nick this if we are not careful.

Baghdad Royal

by Baghdad Royal » 10 Jan 2015 16:25

BBC reporting Pearce as having had a shot saved