Unbelievable

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Unbelievable

by Z175 » 07 Mar 2015 20:37

Awful. seeing smoke billow across valley parade is also something I'm sure 4299 reading fans didn't want to see either. How totally ignorant.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 07 Mar 2015 20:43

bradfordbantam Bradford fan here, regarding the smoke bomb, you are quite right in that it is insensitive. I don't like the idea of even one person having any bad memories brought back by seeing smoke coming from the stands. But genuinely, I don't think that any Bradford fans thought for one minute that there was any malice intended. We just thought, ah, they have some nob head fans too :)

Very decent of you. I thought your support was fantastic. The walk to and from the ground was how attending football should be - tribal but not threatening. Valley parade now definitely up there as best away grounds to visit.

(Also, my first time walking through Bradford City centre - the Victorian Gothic architecture is just amazing - me and my son were really impressed and interested).

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 07 Mar 2015 20:48

Almost bought a house on my credit card nice little terrace 20k

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 07 Mar 2015 20:56

Armadillo Roadkill
bradfordbantam Bradford fan here, regarding the smoke bomb, you are quite right in that it is insensitive. I don't like the idea of even one person having any bad memories brought back by seeing smoke coming from the stands. But genuinely, I don't think that any Bradford fans thought for one minute that there was any malice intended. We just thought, ah, they have some nob head fans too :)

Very decent of you. I thought your support was fantastic. The walk to and from the ground was how attending football should be - tribal but not threatening. Valley parade now definitely up there as best away grounds to visit.

(Also, my first time walking through Bradford City centre - the Victorian Gothic architecture is just amazing - me and my son were really impressed and interested).

Thank you, we are very proud of our support. We see ourselves as "proper" football fans. We might not be the most technically gifted team, we might not be playing fancy Premiership teams week in week out but we are mad about our team. Our pitch is rubbish but we aren't rich, our ticket office has 3 members of staff to sell 24k tickets! We were 5-0 down to Swansea at Wembley 2 seasons ago and sang from start to finish, mostly because we don't get out much!! Regarding the City centre you are correct about the architecture, the ground is however situated in possibly the poorest, most run down part of the City so away teams must think that all of Bradford is like that - there are much nicer areas - honest!

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 07 Mar 2015 21:28

bradfordbantam
Armadillo Roadkill

Thank you, we are very proud of our support. We see ourselves as "proper" football fans. We might not be the most technically gifted team, we might not be playing fancy Premiership teams week in week out but we are mad about our team. Our pitch is rubbish but we aren't rich, our ticket office has 3 members of staff to sell 24k tickets! We were 5-0 down to Swansea at Wembley 2 seasons ago and sang from start to finish, mostly because we don't get out much!! Regarding the City centre you are correct about the architecture, the ground is however situated in possibly the poorest, most run down part of the City so away teams must think that all of Bradford is like that - there are much nicer areas - honest!

You don't have to walk far, we went to the Cartwright Hotel for example. nice area just down the road. from the ground. Have to say also probably the friendliest most helpful fans I have ever come across in 40 years. Considering what was at stake today off the ptch was exactly how football should be. Top day out.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Mar 2015 22:15

Absolutely, that's why it's a non-discussion here. Some deluded teenage pricks used a flare. We move on.

More importantly, what's up with your doc's terrible wig?

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 07 Mar 2015 22:27

Royal Ginger Absolutely, that's why it's a non-discussion here. Some deluded teenage pricks used a flare. We move on.

More importantly, what's up with your doc's terrible wig?

To be honest, we were all taking the piss as we thought he was with your lot. He can't be anything to do with us surely? I think I would have noticed him before I mean he hardly blends in with the crowd!

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 07 Mar 2015 22:29

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Mar 2015 22:38

Unfortunately I have to :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Mar 2015 22:41

:lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Mar 2015 23:01

We thought the same when your one ran on the pitch :)

Best bit was when our flareboy tried to hide the flare by lobbing it down the stairs :roll:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Mar 2015 23:03

Harpers So Solid Crew Almost bought a house on my credit card nice little terrace 20k

Back to back house in Holme Street where I lived as a stundent was for sale @ 55k

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 07 Mar 2015 23:09

Uke

We thought the same when your one ran on the pitch :)

Best bit was when our flareboy tried to hide the flare by lobbing it down the stairs :roll:

Ha ha I forgot about him, apparently he had left his 2 kids in the stand! Charming! We felt that he thoroughly let us down, he could have at least kept running to entertain us until play could resume. To just run into the centre of the pitch and then wait to be caught is lazy. We expect better, we expect at least a bit of nudity or in the absence of that, maybe a cartwheel (or forward roll for those who are more acrobatically challenged)

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Mar 2015 23:11

Its a huge oxf*rd stretch to suggest anything sinister with the flare.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Mar 2015 23:26

Tend to agree that it's just a flare, no need to attach any particular significance to it.

My main complaint was why set it off at all - to celebrate the arrival of Yakubu? To celebrate 25mins of back to the wall defending?

Whatever, it's no big deal.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 08 Mar 2015 00:02

Armadillo Roadkill

Remind me never to go to the football with you and your dull son.

As for the flare, seriously for oxf*rd s sake. Stop bandwagon jumping. If sir John didn't get involved most of you wouldn't have known it was the 30 year anniversary.

It's not like they turned up dressed as firemen holding a garden Hose. They were just young lads having fun.

Relax.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2015 00:13

I didn't attach any significance to the combination of flare and ground, I was too busy wondering why Will didn't just save it for when we scored a goal or something.

Did the Bradford pitch invader not realise he had a chance to score? Always gold that

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 08 Mar 2015 00:19

Lacoste
Armadillo Roadkill

Remind me never to go to the football with you and your dull son.

As for the flare, seriously for oxf*rd s sake. Stop bandwagon jumping. If sir John didn't get involved most of you wouldn't have known it was the 30 year anniversary.

It's not like they turned up dressed as firemen holding a garden Hose. They were just young lads having fun.

Relax.

Hmm now I feel like you are taking the piss, I didn't think the lads with the flare were but the firemen comment is pushing it now

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Mar 2015 00:32

He's using that as an example of something that wouldn't have been acceptable, no piss being taken.

bradfordbantam

by bradfordbantam » 08 Mar 2015 00:34

Royal Ginger He's using that as an example of something that wouldn't have been acceptable, no piss being taken.

Touchy subject and not appropriate, maybe being so close to it I view it differently