CONFIMRED - Orlando Sa

245 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Speculation - Orlando Sa

by Sutekh » 15 Jun 2015 16:43

The 72.com

Portuguese news outlet Record are reporting that Reading are close to completing a deal for Legia Warsaw striker Orlando Sa, in an attempt to bolster their goal scoring ahead of the new season.

The former Portugal international, who made his sole appearance for the national team in 2009, enjoyed a successful season in Poland with Legia Warsaw, finishing the league just one point behind champions Lech Poznan and winning the Polish Cup, while personally scoring 13 goals in 25 league games.

After starting his career in his native country with Braga, Sa struggled for game time and moved to Porto – although his time with the Dragons would come to an end after just a handful of appearances in two years.

A short stint in England with then-Premier League outfit Fulham, which yielded just a solitary goal during an injury-hit season, the 27 year-old moved to Cyprus to play for AEL Limassol.

During his time with Limassol Sa really found his feet, scoring nine goals in 20 league games in his first season, and following this up with an impressive 14 goals in 19 games, form which led to a move to his current side Legia.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Jun 2015 19:15

JamesWN
Hardly a proven goalscorer but better than what we've currently got.

Appearances - 132
Goals - 44

'Bout the same as Pog, (24 league goals in 77 league starts), so if we dump Pog at 30k/wk and sign this nobody on £5k/wk, bean counters happy, fans notice no difference. :roll: :roll: :roll: Tis the Reading way.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Jun 2015 19:41

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reading-have-bid-accepted-for-ex-porto-striker/?

We've managed to find £1,000,000 down the back of th sofa, and spunked it on THIS guy????

FFS!!!! Yet we couldn't raise £600,000 to get Mackie?????

JesUS - oxf*rd Alice in Wonderland "management" from Charlatan Clarke!!!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jun 2015 19:46

If that site said the sun had risen in the east this morning I'd still have to go outside to check.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jun 2015 20:12

His scoring record in the last three seasons is decent, it's his attitude I'd be worried about.

Barcelona Blue

Royals close to signing Orlanda Sa

by Barcelona Blue » 16 Jun 2015 07:56

A striker at last

Reading FC are close to signing Portuguese striker Orlando Sá, according to reports from Portugal.

Portuguese newspaper 'Record' claim that the Royals are close to acquiring the former Portugal international from Legia Warsaw.

Sa scored 13 goals in 25 league appearances for the Polish side last season.

AEK Athens and Hebei China Fortune have also shown interest in Sa, but Reading remain favourites to sign the 27-year-old.

Sa still has 18 months left on his deal with Legia Warsaw but reports suggest that Reading are close to agreeing a fee for the Portuguese player.

The striker made one appearance for Portugal in 2009, and has previously enjoyed stints with Braga, Porto and Cypriot club AEL Limassol.

He also spent a year with Fulham in 2011/12, but made just seven appearances for the club in an injury-hit season and scored once

Coppelled_Streets

Re: Royals close to signing Orlanda Sa

by Coppelled_Streets » 16 Jun 2015 08:36

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 16 Jun 2015 13:18

From the thread title, I thought we had done a deal with Orlando Pirates.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 16 Jun 2015 13:20

bobby m's syrup From the thread title, I thought we had done a deal with Orlando Pirates.

Well if we don't replace these players we might well end up at the bottom of Davy Jones' Locker. Arghh.

Ouagadougou

by Ouagadougou » 16 Jun 2015 17:46

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ls-9457264

Not thrilled by this at all. Seems like another Pogrebnyak type: high wages, paying back little dividends

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2015 18:06

In what way is he anything like Pog? And how can you possibly know what sort of wages he'll be on?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 16 Jun 2015 18:08

If this is true, then it's GREAT news. Not because of the player, but because it shows we have some money to spend and that a keeper, centre half and a few other positions are probably not far behind. We're not stupid enough to spunk the whole budget on one player!

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Jun 2015 18:37

I'd rather we spend the money on cancelling Pogs contract

Meh

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 16 Jun 2015 18:41

blueroyals I'd rather we spend the money on cancelling Pogs contract

Meh

Then you're a lunatic

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 16 Jun 2015 18:50

blueroyals I'd rather we spend the money on cancelling Pogs contract

Meh

Ah yes, good idea. Pay him off the exact amount it would cost to keep him for the season OR spend the same amount and keep him for the season and he can actually play for us.

You absolute fcukstick.

Ouagadougou

by Ouagadougou » 16 Jun 2015 20:08

Pepe the Horseman In what way is he anything like Pog? And how can you possibly know what sort of wages he'll be on?

Well can you see him on low wages?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2015 20:18

Ouagadougou
Pepe the Horseman In what way is he anything like Pog? And how can you possibly know what sort of wages he'll be on?

Given that we're doing our best to trim the wage bill and in doing so have offered current players considerably reduced terms, as well as not matching Jamie Mackie's high wage demands, yes, I'm pretty sure he'll be on significantly lower wages than Pog.

Ouagadougou

by Ouagadougou » 16 Jun 2015 20:33

Pepe the Horseman
Ouagadougou

Given that we're doing our best to trim the wage bill and in doing so have offered current players considerably reduced terms, as well as not matching Jamie Mackie's high wage demands, yes, I'm pretty sure he'll be on significantly lower wages than Pog.

I don't know, I just don't think such logic always applies in the running of football clubs, let alone Reading. I can't see what's in it for him otherwise, anyway. Why cut short your contract at a Europa League club for the Championship if it's not a pay rise you're after? He looks to me like the sort of flash player who'd expect it.
I think the club are willing to make exceptions for such 'special' players.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jun 2015 21:22

:|

You're hanging the fella out to dry and casting aspersions on his character before he's even signed let alone kicked a ball.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2015 21:30

It may still be a pay rise compared to top flight Polish football, even if it's a lot less than Pog. And it's a step towards the money bags that is the PL.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it and I'm not saying it's an inspiring signing should it happen.

245 posts