BFTG Huddersfield

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG Huddersfield

by Kitsondinho » 09 Mar 2016 16:54

Now I know who was standing up in front of me blocking my view :wink:
Anyway, I too agree with those who said the journo above was not that accurate. Huddersfield were a poor, direct side. We were pretty awful. Nothing happened for most of the game. All the chances for both teams (apart from John's thunderbolt) were from poor, poor defending. Also the ref wasn't that bad. Our 'goal' in the 7th min was offside. GMac did fall down easily when in the box in the 2nd half. Cooper made a fair tackle when he was surrounded by Huddersfield players. He got a few things wrong but nothing major.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Mar 2016 17:03

Maneki Neko won money on 3-1 last night, though that doesnt make it feel any better.
before the lord mayors show, vs a team who has our number and has done for a while.
Meh.

Talking of money, did you put your money where your mouth is the other day and back us to make the top 6?.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 09 Mar 2016 17:13

I went to this last night, what a steaming pile of dogshit.

We were woeful, it appeared that we set up to not get involved or put in a tackle or even pass to a team mate. We were timewasting from the start. I wonder if Brian just told them not get too tired for the 1/4 final.

If we play 100 times better than that we still lose to 95% of the teams in the league. Credit to Huddersfield they played with tempo and closed is down where we were happy to let them have the ball for extended periods. However, a half decent team would have buried us by the break.

The Bovril was quite nice Though.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 09 Mar 2016 17:16

John Smith Man of the Match: CountryRoyal - it would have been a library without him

..and my lad with his non stop chorus of Blue Army :D .....I thought that the Huddersfield fans to our right were fantastic.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 09 Mar 2016 19:01

Derbyshire Royal
John Smith Man of the Match: CountryRoyal - it would have been a library without him

..and my lad with his non stop chorus of Blue Army :D .....I thought that the Huddersfield fans to our right were fantastic.

I'd agree about the HTFC fans, although they did seem a little disappointed that we weren't remotetly interested in any aggro......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2016 21:33

Victor Meldrew
Maneki Neko won money on 3-1 last night, though that doesnt make it feel any better.
before the lord mayors show, vs a team who has our number and has done for a while.
Meh.

Talking of money, did you put your money where your mouth is the other day and back us to make the top 6?.

He doesn't back us to make the top six, he isn't (wasn't) writing us off finishing in the top six.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2016 22:36

Thank you sir, you're too kind. I look forward to my man of the match bottle of champagne.

I'll share it around, naturally.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2016 22:37

Kitsondinho Now I know who was standing up in front of me blocking my view :wink:

Ah well based on the football on display I was doing you a favour. :wink:

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 10 Mar 2016 04:50

I'm still waiting for an apology from McDermott. He says he's glad it's out the way, no comfort to fans who were there. Cup tie is no excuse, an expensive side was out there. Worse than Adkins or Clarke evever were even in their direst monotony.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 10 Mar 2016 07:01

CountryRoyal
Kitsondinho Now I know who was standing up in front of me blocking my view :wink:

Ah well based on the football on display I was doing you a favour. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

The Cube

by The Cube » 10 Mar 2016 07:51

Sport Economist Verdict from a pal who is a journalist covering Huddersfield (he does not support them):

"difficult one to judge tonight. Town dominated the ball, as we're used to now, but didn't create much first half, although Wells had two one-on-ones that he struck against Al Habsi and should have scored. Reading did nowt.
Early goal after the break was soft. Another one-on-one for Wells after a weak back header from Gunter. Took it round Al Habsi, but if he'd wanted to get back he might have pressured the finish. He just gave it up. If Reading had come for a point, they had to come out after that and Town got round the back again for the second. Wells missed a great headed chance, but the third was awful from a Reading perspective. They all stopped and Dean Whitehead somehow ended up on the byline and knocked it back for the young kid Bojaj to tap in his first senior goal. Really poor goal to give away. And with about 8 seconds left, Ola John let fly from 30 yards and buried it. Great strike.

Reading couldn't get Kermorgant in the game, largely as a result of Town's pressing. Hector was good, Evans and Williams were OK in front of the defence, but other than that it was all a bit meh. Rakels spends too much time on the floor, Cooper is big lump and Gunter didn't win any friends tonight. Clearly there are bigger fish to fry this week, but it followed the pattern of the other three games this season, albeit with Town ultimately able to convert pressure into goals.
Ref was awful.

In summary, you didn't miss much."

I hope he has an alternative career path lined up, because he is certainly going to need it.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 10 Mar 2016 09:45

quickwingerswife I'm still waiting for an apology from McDermott. He says he's glad it's out the way, no comfort to fans who were there. Cup tie is no excuse, an expensive side was out there. Worse than Adkins or Clarke evever were even in their direst monotony.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30356696

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Mar 2016 09:58

RoyalJames101
quickwingerswife I'm still waiting for an apology from McDermott. He says he's glad it's out the way, no comfort to fans who were there. Cup tie is no excuse, an expensive side was out there. Worse than Adkins or Clarke evever were even in their direst monotony.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30356696

With 65% possession as well. I miss Nigel.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2016 10:33

Why did you even go? We were so obviously going to get beat in that match, it was on a Tuesday night, it was in Huddersfield.

Not criticising, just curious. If I worked next door to the stadium I'd still have thought twice about buying a ticket.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2016 10:36

CountryRoyal

Thank you sir, you're too kind. I look forward to my man of the match bottle of champagne.

I'll share it around, naturally.

Make sure it's not on the terraces this time. Are you going to Middlesbrough?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Mar 2016 11:44

Well we played Watford a few days before the FA Cup QF last year and got dicked 4-1. Was that a much better performance?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2016 12:21

Platypuss

Well we played Watford a few days before the FA Cup QF last year and got dicked 4-1. Was that a much better performance?

In the interests of fairness, we played Jure Travner and Zat Knight in the back four. We did well to keep it under 5

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Mar 2016 12:30

Thanks for making my point.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2016 12:34

My point was you could argue Tuesday's back four was more experienced and capable of doing better against a side weaker than Watford were.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2016 12:37

genome My point was you could argue Tuesday's back four was more experienced and capable of doing better against a side weaker than Watford were.

Ye, the whole team fielded on Tuesday was capable of winning the game. I thought he would have made more changes to be fair.