McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by Norfolk Royal » 27 May 2016 11:55

It's a pretty bizarre sequence of events true but let's face it, if whoever comes in starts winning a few games then Brian will disappear into the mists of time. That's the way it goes.

Does anyone truly feel that we are going to have a successful season next year with Brian at the helm? Probably not. But at least now there may be some chance.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 27 May 2016 11:58

At least I can get off the fence now.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 May 2016 11:58

Nice guy. Wrong appointment at the time. But once he was in I tend to think he should have had more time next season, even if I maintain he just hadn't done enough since taking over to give anyone much confidence.

Still, he's gone. Hope the new manager does better and the club can start facing in the right direction after several years of (relative) failure.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 27 May 2016 11:59

facaldaqui
Nomad_Royal Utterly , Utterly ridiculous. 5 months to turn round a ship that was already faltering, what did they expect.

Whatever your thoughts on Brian's abilities, this actions shows Reading FC is no longer a football club to admire for at's attitude and approach.

IF and it is a big IF they get a lot of success then many fans will forgive and forget and will be happy, And yes i know its football.

But at the moment I cant help but think that today a part of the club died.

Although I agree about Brian and how low this is, the club won't die. Managers come and go, and fortunes rise and fall. Sooner or later--looks like being later--we will start winning again and will enjoy it same as ever.

I realise the club itself wont die and that's not what I said, You're right IF we become succesful then many will forgive and forget.But the values and approach that I have admired are already dead and buried.

On a lighter note: The owners were obviously waiting for me to renew mine and my sons season tickets which I did yesterday, before breaking the news.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 27 May 2016 12:00

Anyone who can look at this decision and see it as a positive one for the club overall is utterly deluded. I know not everyone here was a massive fan of McDermott, but this has to be a deafening alarm bell for the stability of this club, especially so soon after Hammond went. As in, there is no stability and won't be for any foreseeable future.

I predict Madejski will jump ship any time now.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 27 May 2016 12:00

I feel sorry for Bri, but his second spell hardly impressed.

I will reserve too much judgement until we see who's appointed in his place. I would be quite sceptical of first-timer Staam, as a herald of a Dutch invasion.

Never know- this might be our Pearson to Ranieri moment :?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2016 12:01

Y21 I care so little about this club at the moment. #MyTown #MyClub? oxf*rd off is it,

Amen.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 27 May 2016 12:01

loyalroyaldaz Shame for Brian, thoroughly nice and decent bloke, cares for Reading FC.
He was the wrong man for the Job when appointed and that is not his fault but that of the owners or whoever appointed him. Deffo should be given another role in the club somewhere, academy or scouting but i suspect it wont happen.

If I was Brian, I wouldn't touch a job in this club with a barge pole.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 12:01

Norfolk Royal Does anyone truly feel that we are going to have a successful season next year with Brian at the helm? Probably not. But at least now there may be some chance.

Is the possibility that we'll go no further forward a possibility. A distinct yes. We cannot even field a competitive team with the current unbalanced squad.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 27 May 2016 12:01

Don't often post but just swinging by to say this is a disgraceful move by the Club. The writing was on the wall when Hammond went, and I now strongly suspect the new owners don't have a clue. All pretences of being a well run club under Madjeski, Hammond and Coppell/MCD are now long gone. As a fan I hope I'm proven wrong but even if this turns out to be the right decision in a footballing sense the treatment of a man as dignified and loyal as McDermott will leave a poor taste for a long time - I now wish he'd told the owners to oxf*rd off back in December.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 May 2016 12:02

Pepe the Horseman
Y21 I care so little about this club at the moment. #MyTown #MyClub? oxf*rd off is it,

Amen.

If any of you didn't see this coming then I'm sorry but you've clearly got your heads so far in the sand it's worse than previously imagined.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 27 May 2016 12:02

Hoop Blah Sad news.

I don't think he's done a great job so far, even under the potentially difficult circumstances, but he still deserved the chance to build his team and prove if he could or couldn't do it again.

Lots to worry about in terms of the way the way the club is heading.

Totally agree. The last couple of months have been bad - but Clarke's run in at the end of last season after we were knocked out of the cup was equally shite.
Reading some comments on here, I guess we get the owners we deserve.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 May 2016 12:02

suggest we all go over to the EP website at 1pm to have a meltdown online with Charles who hopefully knows a little bit more than us mug punters

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 12:03

donface
I predict Madejski will jump ship any time now.

Kept as a figure head. Hasn't spoken on behalf of the club for some time.

Club will be up for sale again soon...........

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 27 May 2016 12:03

Haven't renewed ST yet... :?

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 27 May 2016 12:04

RichTea94 I feel sorry for Bri, but his second spell hardly impressed.

I will reserve too much judgement until we see who's appointed in his place. I would be quite sceptical of first-timer Staam, as a herald of a Dutch invasion.

Never know- this might be our Pearson to Ranieri moment :?

If Pearson had been at Leicester about five minutes, sure

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 27 May 2016 12:05

LWJ Haven't renewed ST yet... :?

I made the mistake of renewing yesterday.

Wish I hadn't now.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 27 May 2016 12:06

Rusty royal Pre-season tour of Holland on the cards :wink: You heard it here first :mrgreen: Stamm and Bergkamp :wink:

'Double Dutch' .......sums us up really :lol:

Sorry for Brian but sadly not entirely surprised...... do they do refunds on season tickets ?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 12:08

Steve_Upper_West
Sorry for Brian but sadly not entirely surprised...... do they do refunds on season tickets ?

I have written to the club and asked.................

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 27 May 2016 12:09

+1

It's barely recognisable and I've never felt so indifferent.

The people at the top clearly haven't got a clue what they are doing and sacking a man they appointed in December after not even giving him a few months to assess his requirements and then a full transfer window shows that.

565 posts