BFTG Orient

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Orient

by stealthpapes » 08 Oct 2023 07:05

Royal_jimmy
stealthpapes I've been to every away league game so far and that was probably the best performance. A bit of bite, some shape and discipline, fewer mistakes.

I know everyone has their own opinion but it's a very low bar if you think that was our best away performance in the league. We were awful, I'd say that was worse than Cambridge and on parity with Port Vale and Blackpool.

So we disagree about 1 game. OK, fair enough.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Oct 2023 08:26

Latest post match ramblings from the manager...

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... rontation/

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Oct 2023 11:49

leon
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Try going to a game once in a while and you'd see the whole pitch and set up rather than some grainy one camera stream

That's a big handbag you've got love.

Been to Peterborough, Exeter and Cambridge this season thanks.

Watched games from every stand of the Madejski. And the view is just fine from the TV. That's why millions of people watch football on TV every week and it's where all the money is.

Loads of parts of stadia have much worse view of shape than on TV. Anything in the first 10-15 rows is pretty shit for it.

But you're special because you went to the game. Well done.

Thing is Ian, you know this is bullshit. Because you’re not stupid and you understand about cameras and actual human vision being able to take in a much larger vista.

Apparently you don’t realise the importance of elevation.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Oct 2023 18:21

oxf*rd me. They both have their pros and cons why does everything have to be a dick waving contest.

“You must be new around here” etc etc

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Oct 2023 19:08

RoyallyFcuked I just find it bizarre. How the fcuk can we go to Exeter and win 9-0 away from home (where we were beaten in the league 2-1 a week or two before btw) in a mickey mouse competition granted and that was Exeter's youth team yes but we didn't exactly have an experienced team out ourselves, not too much different to our squad in the league. I just think its weird you can have a performance like that and seemingly take absolutely nothing from it. It's like he goes and tells them a completely different way to play in the league. Odd

That really was Exeter's second string and it's nearly all U19s. We need to stop banging on about that result. One of their benched players was 15. !!!!!!!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Oct 2023 22:20

Ascotexgunner
RoyallyFcuked I just find it bizarre. How the fcuk can we go to Exeter and win 9-0 away from home (where we were beaten in the league 2-1 a week or two before btw) in a mickey mouse competition granted and that was Exeter's youth team yes but we didn't exactly have an experienced team out ourselves, not too much different to our squad in the league. I just think its weird you can have a performance like that and seemingly take absolutely nothing from it. It's like he goes and tells them a completely different way to play in the league. Odd

That really was Exeter's second string and it's nearly all U19s. We need to stop banging on about that result. One of their benched players was 15. !!!!!!!!

We lose most friendlies against lower league opposition and we have oxf*rd all else to cheer about.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 09 Oct 2023 13:04

stealthpapes Good day out though - prematch refreshments at the Pride o'Spitalfields, The Kings Arms, The Camel, The Palm Tree then Leyton Star and The Birkbeck after. Good pubs, some great, 5km walk in total.

Went to the Palm Tree post-match. Properly interesting pub that. Also went to the Morgan Arms and Lord Tredegar, both decent too. Sadly time run-out for our annual visit to the Pride o'Spitalfields. Pre-match we rather hopefully tried the Coach and Horses opposite Brisbane Road. Home fans only, so we ended up the more prosaic Lion and Key.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 09 Oct 2023 13:26

Whore Jackie
stealthpapes Good day out though - prematch refreshments at the Pride o'Spitalfields, The Kings Arms, The Camel, The Palm Tree then Leyton Star and The Birkbeck after. Good pubs, some great, 5km walk in total.

Went to the Palm Tree post-match. Properly interesting pub that. Also went to the Morgan Arms and Lord Tredegar, both decent too. Sadly time run-out for our annual visit to the Pride o'Spitalfields. Pre-match we rather hopefully tried the Coach and Horses opposite Brisbane Road. Home fans only, so we ended up the more prosaic Lion and Key.

We binned off the Lord Tredegar for a second at the Palm Tree.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 09 Oct 2023 16:12

Thoughts on the game posted elsewhere, so just wanted to big up the Leyton Orient Supporters Club. Could have joined the lads, lads, lads at the Star, Bethnal Green but was tipped off by an Orient supporting work colleague about the Supporters Club and we weren't disappointed. A CAMRA winning bar no less, that welcomes away fans. All volunteer run. We were in there pre match (from about midday lol) and post match (for an hour). A ton of ales, £4 a pint, Sky Sports, nicest set of supporters and bar staff you could ever wish to meet and the bar itself overlooks the team coach entrance. So our kids got to see the first team squad kids enter the ground......and all without me putting my pint down.

Good club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Oct 2023 18:01

Zammo Thoughts on the game posted elsewhere, so just wanted to big up the Leyton Orient Supporters Club. Could have joined the lads, lads, lads at the Star, Bethnal Green but was tipped off by an Orient supporting work colleague about the Supporters Club and we weren't disappointed. A CAMRA winning bar no less, that welcomes away fans. All volunteer run. We were in there pre match (from about midday lol) and post match (for an hour). A ton of ales, £4 a pint, Sky Sports, nicest set of supporters and bar staff you could ever wish to meet and the bar itself overlooks the team coach entrance. So our kids got to see the first team squad kids enter the ground......and all without me putting my pint down.

Good club.

Sounds spot on to be fair. Good stuff. Always had a soft spot for the Os

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 10 Oct 2023 14:24

stealthpapes
Whore Jackie

We binned off the Lord Tredegar for a second at the Palm Tree.

Eleanor Arms was also on the list but we'll put that down to slightly too enthusiastic planning. Would've been more of a pub sprint than pub crawl.

Still, one for another day.