MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

442 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Dec 2023 09:23

Stranded
blythspartan If twitter is anything to go by I can see this game getting abandoned. I can see why fans are outraged by recent events, but sadly the club probably needs all the extra money it can get.

It won't be. Imagine most of the idiots calling for it to be abandoned probably don't even have tickets. There should absolutely be a re-start of demos but it should not impact the game taking place/finishing.

There was also an emotional lashing out yesterday, but hopefully by Sunday people will think objectively about what is the best response. We already have traction in the campaign with debates in parliament, newspaper articles etc., and it appears Dai is selling, even if he is moving at glacial pace just to agree exclusivity.

Getting this game abandoned would not reflect well on us as fans. It would ruin Eastleigh's big day. Plus we want the team to win and maintain momentum, and we could really do with the money of a plum 3rd round tie. Abandonment would see us kicked out.

So I suspect we'll see the tennis balls and that is all. If a few numpties try to invade security can manage that. It would need the majority of fans to agree to force abandonment, and it won't happen.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Dec 2023 09:40

Stranded
blythspartan If twitter is anything to go by I can see this game getting abandoned. I can see why fans are outraged by recent events, but sadly the club probably needs all the extra money it can get.

It won't be. Imagine most of the idiots calling for it to be abandoned probably don't even have tickets. There should absolutely be a re-start of demos but it should not impact the game taking place/finishing.

I'm taking a tennis ball with me. Smuggle it in

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Dec 2023 09:42

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

There was also an emotional lashing out yesterday, but hopefully by Sunday people will think objectively about what is the best response. We already have traction in the campaign with debates in parliament, newspaper articles etc., and it appears Dai is selling, even if he is moving at glacial pace just to agree exclusivity.

Getting this game abandoned would not reflect well on us as fans. It would ruin Eastleigh's big day. Plus we want the team to win and maintain momentum, and we could really do with the money of a plum 3rd round tie. Abandonment would see us kicked out.

So I suspect we'll see the tennis balls and that is all. If a few numpties try to invade security can manage that. It would need the majority of fans to agree to force abandonment, and it won't happen.

Agreed. Get the Barnsley game abandoned as it's an EFL match and they're to blame for this mess. Small protest Sunday on National TV is fine

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2023 09:43

There better not be an outbreak of tennis balls, on an occasion like a cup tie at a non league ground it'd just be an utter embarrassment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2023 09:58

Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

Agreed. Get the Barnsley game abandoned as it's an EFL match and they're to blame for this mess. Small protest Sunday on National TV is fine

No. The FL are not to blame in the slightest. Dai is to blame. So go and shit through his letter box or something. Stop blaming the people holding him to account.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2023 10:00

If people want to throw tennis balls, turn up at Buck Palace in your hundreds and chuck them on the grounds of the pcunt's neighbouring mansion.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2023 11:37

Disrupting this game won't achieve anything except probably get Reading thrown out, in the event the club did get through. Dai has now agreed to sell to a buyer and causing problems on tv in front of everyone watching will only be an embarrassment, it won't get the process to sell the club or wages paid to the staff any quicker.

If you do something then use banners, loud chanting etc.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Dec 2023 14:15

Sutekh Disrupting this game won't achieve anything except probably get Reading thrown out, in the event the club did get through. Dai has now agreed to sell to a buyer and causing problems on tv in front of everyone watching will only be an embarrassment, it won't get the process to sell the club or wages paid to the staff any quicker.

Has he really agreed to sell?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 Dec 2023 19:38

Sutekh Disrupting this game won't achieve anything except probably get Reading thrown out, in the event the club did get through. Dai has now agreed to sell to a buyer and causing problems on tv in front of everyone watching will only be an embarrassment, it won't get the process to sell the club or wages paid to the staff any quicker.

We aren't getting thrown out of the FA Cup for a few tennis balls that take 10 minutes at most to clear off the pitch.

Loud chants are pretty much useless because the TV company control the crowd volume, and they can pipe in generic crowd noise.

Banners get the protest on the TV for 2 seconds, tennis balls get it on TV for 5+ minutes.

There is no evidence that Dai has agreed to a sale either. Just vague rumours of exclusivity may be close. He was supposedly flying into the country two weeks ago to agree exclusivity, and that turned out to be a crock of shit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Dec 2023 19:55

Orion1871

We aren't getting thrown out of the FA Cup for a few tennis balls that take 10 minutes at most to clear off the pitch.

Loud chants are pretty much useless because the TV company control the crowd volume, and they can pipe in generic crowd noise.

Banners get the protest on the TV for 2 seconds, tennis balls get it on TV for 5+ minutes.

There is no evidence that Dai has agreed to a sale either. Just vague rumours of exclusivity may be close. He was supposedly flying into the country two weeks ago to agree exclusivity, and that turned out to be a crock of shit.
tiresome

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 01 Dec 2023 20:01

Royal_jimmy
Stranded

I'm taking a tennis ball with me. Smuggle it in

Jimmy if you are stood next to me when you throw it I will give you a shoeing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Dec 2023 20:09

Tbh of all games coming up, don’t mind the tennis balls at this

New audience (though who actually watches these games?), on tv, we’ve just won a few so it’s clearly against the owner

Pointless in EFL matches now though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2023 23:16

Orion1871

It's no longer organised.

The last few times the balls have gone on multiple times. 4 times in one match. Luckily a couple of them it was one or two and a player just immediately kicked/threw them off.

It's also going to be pathetically shit, and rude to Eastleigh. And we've no idea how they'll respond. Do you think they'll have stewards and groundstaff primed to go and clear up tennis balls? Do me a favour.

We've got maybe 1000 fans going. At home we have a corner of about 2000 - 3000 doing it. And last time it looked pretty lame with that.

There is clearly negotiations on going. And the process isn't public.

People want to protest, do it at home. Or better yet, do it at one of Dai's properties. That's new. That'll get attention. That might get noticed by the pcunt.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Dec 2023 09:27

What's the likelihood of postponement due to frozen pitch? It's a non league ground. At least nobody would have travelled too far.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Dec 2023 09:48

Unlikely. With it being a TV slot they’ll have gone to even greater lengths to get it on.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Dec 2023 12:17

Freezing temperatures down there today, actually going to be considerably warmer overnight and tomorrow than today. There is rain forecast overnight. Pitch there is grass with no undersoil heating. Thinking a postponement due to the weather would be far more likely if the game was today so reckon it's a safe bet the game will remain on.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Dec 2023 16:15

FA Cup 3rd round draw live on ITV 1 tomorrow ahead of our game around 12.55pm. Royals are ball 57

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Dec 2023 16:43

RG30 Unlikely. With it being a TV slot they’ll have gone to even greater lengths to get it on.

I’m sure that’s what Alfreton thought

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Dec 2023 16:59

Silver Fox
RG30 Unlikely. With it being a TV slot they’ll have gone to even greater lengths to get it on.

Left the decision as late as possible though because of the BBC.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Dec 2023 17:19

Orion1871
Silver Fox

Left the decision as late as possible though because of the BBC.

Unless the forecast is massively wrong no chance of it being called off tomorrow. Looks like about 7c

442 posts