Favourites and the unfavoured

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Favourites and the unfavoured

by 72 bus » 04 Dec 2023 14:58

Millsy Hate SeLLLes and want him out.

But tbf I think he got it right with Azeez and I liked him for dropping the Holmes/TMac pairing of doom.

BUt the bizarre leaving out of Ehib so many times and now VIckers I don't know.

I guess he's the top man and he gets to make these decision as it's his nuts on the line.

We judge him on results and on that basis he won't be here much longer anyway.

Once Smith was fit leaving out of Ehib was pretty obvious to most, Sunday illustrated the difference between the two perfectly.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Dec 2023 15:22

Would also add Camara to the list of those who's disappeared...is he injured again?

By and large he's got it right and the league side is slowly getting better and more consistency of selection. He's dropped the likes of Dean and Mola from the league squad and we've looked more solid with Dorsett at LB rather than NGW. Also agree Smith is a big mark up on Kelvin

Vickers is an interesting one, but would need to be a change of system given his preferred role.

I'd also like to see Elliot given a game more centrally on Wed.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Dec 2023 16:14

72 bus

But tbf I think he got it right with Azeez and I liked him for dropping the Holmes/TMac pairing of doom.

I guess he's the top man and he gets to make these decision as it's his nuts on the line.

Once Smith was fit leaving out of Ehib was pretty obvious to most, Sunday illustrated the difference between the two perfectly.

Ehib was being bizarrely left out of starting games or being brought on games we were chasing before Smith was an option iirc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 16:59

Millsy
72 bus

Ehib was being bizarrely left out of starting games or being brought on games we were chasing before Smith was an option iirc

Exeter springs to mind.

I don't think anyone expects him to start ahead of Smith... but it's not much of a stretch to see him get 20 minutes most games. Or even start paired with Smith instead of playing Knibbs who goes missing all the time.

Ballard did pretty well, but it was an odd choice playing a loanee instead of our top scorer.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Dec 2023 22:45

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
72 bus

Exeter springs to mind.

I don't think anyone expects him to start ahead of Smith... but it's not much of a stretch to see him get 20 minutes most games. Or even start paired with Smith instead of playing Knibbs who goes missing all the time.

Ballard did pretty well, but it was an odd choice playing a loanee instead of our top scorer.

Not unless game time was agreed as part of the loan terms.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2023 06:38

Sanguine
WestYorksRoyal It's a sad situation really. We should be a Championship club looking to blood him in and enjoy his performances for 2 - 3 years before getting a 7 figure fee.

Instead £1m + a good sell on in January would be great business; we may not even get that. And this a local boy who supports the club too, it would be a real shame.

I would be amazed if we got £1m for Vickers, or even close to it.

In fact, I need to find a word for amazed that means 'double-amazed'. I personally think there is more chance we sign Pele's reanimated corpse than that we get seven figures for Vickers.

Astonished ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2023 07:24

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
72 bus

Exeter springs to mind.

TBF to Knibbs, since he was moved more centrally he has been much more influential and barely gone missing, as he was prone to do out wide. Would struggle to make a case to drop him at the mo but earlier in the season, he was but Smith was out. Think it is helping the side having Smith & Knibbs in roles they know and played together in at Cambridge.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2023 08:50

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

Exeter springs to mind.

TBF to Knibbs, since he was moved more centrally he has been much more influential and barely gone missing, as he was prone to do out wide. Would struggle to make a case to drop him at the mo but earlier in the season, he was but Smith was out. Think it is helping the side having Smith & Knibbs in roles they know and played together in at Cambridge.

Not convinced, better, but not to the extent I think you're suggesting. I want to see more consistency from him.

He was pretty anonymous against Eastleigh still.