Mark Lawrenson

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 18 Aug 2006 09:15

Super_horns
Neil Webb Fan Club To me this just proves Lawro (like several other pundits I think) spends all his time looking at the Premiership and has taken a quick look at the three promoted clubs, decided that one of them will stay up and then picked that club on a hunch. I can't believe Watford will finish anywhere other than bottom and that we won't finish above them and Sheff Utd.

So its ok if somebody predicts us or Sheffield United to be relegated but not you guys?

Pundits are paid to have some sort of opinon and its up to the 3 teams to prove them wrong as Wigan/West Ham did.

As somebody said its an outsiders view and some have praised you very highly but not us.

Works both ways.

horns mate you know no one on a Reading forum is going to bang on about Watford (cept you of course.) But to be fair your in the same boat as us, whereas to me sheffield are something apart. both teams with hungry, decent managers, and a squad thats not full of aged hags.

to be fair as well, i've seen a lot of praise about watford. lots of people think you'll stay up on boothroyds (sp?) merits alone. i however dont think you'll do quite so well, you did so much better than everyone expected last season, and this season its really gonna show who made the push on heart instead of skill.

anyway, get behind your boys and help us relegate sheffield

Dulwich Royal

by Dulwich Royal » 18 Aug 2006 09:18

Lawrenson, when playing for Brighton, nobbled Robin Friday, I believe, so he has some form against us putting aside his usual BBC platitudes.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Aug 2006 09:43

[quote="Dulwich Royal"]Lawrenson, when playing for Brighton, nobbled Robin Friday, I believe, so he has some form against us putting aside his usual BBC platitudes.[/quote]

Wow, was that the four games in a row we played them, when they had Fred Binney? Didn't know Lorro was involved.

Even though I agree Lorro is talking crap - I mean, if you're going to pick out a weakness, why the strikers? But he frightened me. The proof will be in the eating - of his hat, I hope.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Aug 2006 10:21

facaldaqui
Dulwich Royal Lawrenson, when playing for Brighton, nobbled Robin Friday, I believe, so he has some form against us putting aside his usual BBC platitudes.

Wow, was that the four games in a row we played them, when they had Fred Binney? Didn't know Lorro was involved.

Even though I agree Lorro is talking crap - I mean, if you're going to pick out a weakness, why the strikers? But he frightened me. The proof will be in the eating - of his hat, I hope.

Lawrenson's abilities as a pundit were proven when he gave two predictions for Euro 2000. 1) that Raul and Morientes would be 'ones to watch' (the squad had already been announced and Morientes wasn't in it) and 2) that Holland, France, Italy and Spain would all make the semis (when a cursory glance at the group stages draw would have shown that 2 of those teams would have to meet each other in the quarters).

He can't even be bothered to find out the facts before getting paid to give his 'expert' opinion. I wouldn't worry about what he's saying about us.

Norfolk and Goode
Location: A smash of glass and a rumble of boots electric train and a ripped up phone booth

by Norfolk and Goode » 18 Aug 2006 10:40

Well I thought they were fair and constructive comments. How dare somebody be in the slightest negative about the Royals - That's seems to be the job of " the Hob Nobbers" :wink:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mark Lawrenson

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Aug 2006 10:44

Legend Lawro, if you are reading this,.....................

:roll: :wink:

yorksroyal

by yorksroyal » 18 Aug 2006 11:11

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4786631.stm

The BBC keeps up it's record for top quality research...

Have a look at our squad profile (towards the bottom of the page). At least Livoy Primus seems to have resigned!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2006 11:16

yorksroyal http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4786631.stm

Have a look at our squad profile (towards the bottom of the page). At least Livoy Primus seems to have resigned!!

It's the Portsmouth squad!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 Aug 2006 11:18

yorksroyal http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4786631.stm

BBC Middlesbrough

5. Attempting to win their opening fixture for the first time in six years.

7. Posted one opening day victory in eight seasons (1-3 at Coventry in August 2000).

Let's hope these runs continue!