Back from the game

Greenwich Royal

by Greenwich Royal » 19 Aug 2006 19:27

FozzieMcgregor Great game, really lived up to my overexcited expectations :D

Personal player ratings, as I'm sure someone might have a passing interest:

Hahnemann - 6
Not much to do to be fair, dealt with the majority of what little came his way fairly comfortably though spilled the ball from a free kick for Boro's 2nd. Had a mix up with Sonko late in the 2nd half that could have been disastrous but recovered well to save.

Shorey - 9
First to find his feet, eager to get forward and pulled everyone together. My man of the match, a great performance and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Ingimarsson - 7
Doubts have been cast as to whether he can handle the Premiership and certainly this game is not an indication either way due to the standard of the opposition. However, he looked solid for the majority of the game and got forward well for set pieces.

Sonko - 8
Pass back indecision on one instance aside, he was back to his Superman best. Yakubu was in his pocket all day and will probably still remember Sonks this time next year. Towering presence and not afraid to put his head where it hurts.

Murty - 6
Had a slight tendency to back off the ball when defending and looked to be caught for pace a few times, but cleared his lines well when required and got involved well in the attacks.

Convey - 7
Quiet in the first half but got more involved in the second, some telling deliveries from corners and not afraid to cut in and let off a shot. Not his greatest game but was definitely an asset today.

Sidwell - 8
Caught a couple of times trying to take an extra touch that he couldn't afford (though he wasn't the only one) but got stuck in well and his shot for the equaliser was extremely well taken. Went haring off in to the bottom of the North-West corner to celebrate with the fans and was subsequently booked for it. Kissed the badge after scoring - is that a bad sign?

Harper - 7
Tired towards the end but put himself about, linked up well in the attacks and had a good game. Needs to remember that he has less time on the ball in this division but otherwise a fine showing.

Seol - 7
Guilty of over-playing at times (beats his man, cuts on to the other foot and then has to beat his man again) but came close with some early set pieces and gave the Boro left back a hard time of it on the wing. Happy with this signing, that I am.

Doyle - 8
Got stuck in again, looked solid and had a couple of shots on target. Created plenty and was full of running, I've got a feeling he's going to have another good season.

Kitson - 7
Threw himself at every loose ball in and around the box, one of which he scored of course, made a nuisance of himself and will hopefully not be out for long with the injury that ended his game at the halfway mark.

Subs:
Lita (For Kitson, HT) - 7
Scored the winner, made his presence known and fought for the ball well - got the ball caught in his feet in the box a couple of times but a promising return from his injury layoff.

Hunt (For Convey, 80ish mins) - 5
Full of running, didn't have much time to make his mark and hesitated when he could have put Lita through on goal - bit harsh to rate him on his short time on the pitch... Sorry Stephen.

Gunnarsson (For Seol, 80ish mins) - 5
Got involved as he always does, didn't create too much but kept the ball away from our goal which I imagine was Coppell's thinking in bringing him on. Boro didn't like him, I don't think.

I for one will be taping MOTD tonight...

A great read for those who couldn't make the game - cheers! I can't wait for MOTD...

Obviously it's gonna be a long and difficult season - but this has to the best possible start!!!!

Come on you ROYALS!!!!!!!!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 19 Aug 2006 19:58

What a game, superb 3 points.

Marcus- 7
Murty- 7
Shorey- 9
Ingimarsson- 8
Sonko- 10
Convey- 7
Seol- 7
Sidwell- 9
Harper- 8
Kitson- 8
Doyle- 8

Lita- 7
Hunt- 7
Gunnarsson- 6

by 1960 » 19 Aug 2006 20:12

Royal Lady So we're staying in, couple of bottles of wine and MOTD!! 8)

And for all you Sky people they have chosen it as their Football First game at 8:25. If you're in and if you have Sky Sports don't miss it.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 19 Aug 2006 20:16

And for all you Sky people they have chosen it as their Football First game at 8:25. If you're in and if you have Sky Sports don't miss it.

Im not in but im still bloody recording it!!

Then im cutting off the tab that allows it to be recorded on and painting it in reading fc colours.. Okay maybe not the last part. But no way is this being recorded over.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 19 Aug 2006 20:25

Great result and a fantastic atmosphere!

Did think we were going to get dicked-on when 2-0 down and seemingly unwilling to even try marking Stuart Downing though...

Could not see their disallowed goal very well, was there that much wrong with it?

Still great 3 points and loads of positives.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 19 Aug 2006 20:25

Just starting on SS1 :D

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 19 Aug 2006 20:27

Not really bothered to give my reasons but.......

Marcus- 6
Murty- 7
Shorey- 9
Ingimarsson- 8
Sonko- 8
Convey- 7
Seol- 8
Sidwell- 8
Harper- 7
Kitson- 7
Doyle- 8

Lita- 7
Hunt- 6
Gunnarsson- 6

Custard Cream

by Custard Cream » 19 Aug 2006 20:28

It will take me ages to come down after that! What an amazing start to our season .......... to go from that chant 'are you Sunderland in disguse' and 0-2 down .............. to 3-2 and right back at ya Smoggies !!!!

:D