IS Villa game on TV?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Aug 2006 10:08

southbank1871 Apparently the R&T have got delayed coverage of the full 90 minutes as well. Was going to head down there to watch it, but probably won't bother as it isn't live.

You might want to check out the Albion on the Occy Rd. I watched the Liverpool game down there and they had the Watford v West Ham game live in real time as well. It was Arabian TV rather than Scando.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 23 Aug 2006 10:28

As I said, I live in Spain and one of the pubs near me has got the Arabian telly. Last night they had both Spurs v Sheff Utd and West Ham v Watford but they are not showing our game tonight! They didn't show us live on Saturday either so I don't know what station that was on.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 23 Aug 2006 10:29

http://www.footy-live.com/

£3.99 but it's on there listed.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Aug 2006 10:37

Scrappy http://www.footy-live.com/

:lol:

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 23 Aug 2006 10:39

Have you ever used this service?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 23 Aug 2006 10:50

Yahoops

Have you ever used this service?

Unfortunatelly not. Just searched on Google and it was the top one.

retro royal

by retro royal » 23 Aug 2006 11:10

Einstein agogo
retro royal Full match at 22:30, on ART 4

what's this... can i watch on the web

that's what i really want to do..whtch on the web.. any links anyone?

It's the Arabic station most pubs use to get live football, using the hotbird satellite 13.0 east same as the greek nova super sport channels

This is the best site on the web I've found to search for games

http://liveonsat.com/

WyW_URZ

by WyW_URZ » 23 Aug 2006 11:38

anyone gonna take the plunge with footy-live?
Can't find any reviews as such but it has got 4 stars (out of 10) on a streaming site... only 3 votes though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Aug 2006 11:47

At just £3.99 for a whole year, footylive looks very tempting. However, there is precious little info about the company on their website - no hard contact details whatsoever. They also make it clear that they can't guarantee that the services advertised will always be available.

They do however, take payment via Paypal, so Am I right in thinking that the most you have got to lose is your £3.99?

WyW_URZ

by WyW_URZ » 23 Aug 2006 11:56

RoyalBlue At just £3.99 for a whole year, footylive looks very tempting. However, there is precious little info about the company on their website - no hard contact details whatsoever. They also make it clear that they can't guarantee that the services advertised will always be available.

They do however, take payment via Paypal, so Am I right in thinking that the most you have got to lose is your £3.99?

It would seem so.... but then I have been wrong before! :)

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Aug 2006 12:02

WyW_URZ
RoyalBlue At just £3.99 for a whole year, footylive looks very tempting. However, there is precious little info about the company on their website - no hard contact details whatsoever. They also make it clear that they can't guarantee that the services advertised will always be available.

It would seem so.... but then I have been wrong before! :)

They suggest the Villa game is live on the footylive site as it is listed under live matches so could be tempting, anyone a member of the site?

gh7901

by gh7901 » 23 Aug 2006 12:40

That footylive site just looks like they've listed every game being played, no guarantees on whether you'll be able to see it or not

It mentions down the bottom all they supply is links to software and TV streams - so you're still at the mercy of whatever is being shown on far east/arabic channels

Whistle

by Whistle » 23 Aug 2006 13:01

Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal
Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal The game will be shown in full at 22:00 BST as far as I know, so not live but the full 90 minutes I am led to believe.

Correct, on Sky - Football First.

Surely football first will just be the 60 minute cut or are they doing the full 90 minutes?

Oops! You are right. Don't know why I thought it said the whole game on the menu, unless it did and they changed it. Yes, that'll be it! ;)

Didn't know Football first was on in midweek - can you confirm that please cos if I can watch it later w/o knowing the result that's what I'll do.

Is this ART4 on Sky? Presume not.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2006 13:40

Whistle
Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal
Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal The game will be shown in full at 22:00 BST as far as I know, so not live but the full 90 minutes I am led to believe.

Surely football first will just be the 60 minute cut or are they doing the full 90 minutes?

Oops! You are right. Don't know why I thought it said the whole game on the menu, unless it did and they changed it. Yes, that'll be it! ;)

Didn't know Football first was on in midweek - can you confirm that please cos if I can watch it later w/o knowing the result that's what I'll do.

Football First. Sky Sports 1 @ 10.30pm.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 23 Aug 2006 14:50

southbank1871
scutterbucket
southbank1871 Apparently the R&T have got delayed coverage of the full 90 minutes as well. Was going to head down there to watch it, but probably won't bother as it isn't live.

How delayed? I was going to head down there myself but if its a half hour delay or more I dont think i'll bother.

Not sure, gave them a call yesterday, but the bloke I spoke to wasn't too sure himself. Will try to give them a call a bit later to find out.

Apparently the R&T will be showing the game delayed by an hour, so kicking off at 8.45pm. The Albion reckon they should be showing it live, but couldn't guarantee it.

I've got footy training until 9pm, so I'm thinking of heading straight down the R&T after to that to see most of the game.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 15:42

Stranded
Whistle
Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal
Yahoops

As I'm too skint to be there, do I...

Listen to Radio Berks live commentary and then watch the full 90 mins on Sky?

or...

Run around the house trying to avoid hearing the score and watch the full 90 mins not knowing the result?

Decisions, decisions...

I expect I'll have no choice but to listen to the Radio as my mam seems to prefer listening to the radio commentary than actually watching it! - Unless I go out, of course.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2006 15:45

Gav
Stranded
Whistle
Yahoops
SouthDownsRoyal
Yahoops

As I'm too skint to be there, do I...

Listen to Radio Berks live commentary and then watch the full 90 mins on Sky?

or...

Run around the house trying to avoid hearing the score and watch the full 90 mins not knowing the result?

Decisions, decisions...

I expect I'll have no choice but to listen to the Radio as my mam seems to prefer listening to the radio commentary than actually watching it! - Unless I go out, of course.

Go out for a long walk ending at the R&T for 8.45. Watch the game whilst nursing a coke and go home.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 15:47

Depends how long the delay is on their coverage... Anyone found out yet.

Plus, I think I might get the train, it'll be a long walk from Bracknell!!

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 23 Aug 2006 15:49

Gav Depends how long the delay is on their coverage... Anyone found out yet.

Can someone call the Warwick and find out as just going into meeting.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2006 15:50

Gav Depends how long the delay is on their coverage... Anyone found out yet.

8.45 kick off apparently so 1hr delay.