Time for MOTD to admit it

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 26 Sep 2006 00:13

Harold
NTRoyal To be honest I don't see what difference it makes, all the pundits ever do is tip the three newly promoted teams to go back down, seem to remeber Rodney Marsh saying he would 'pellted with tomatoes if Wigan some how manage to stay up'

Having broken countless records and outplayed every team last year, I would have thought we would have got a wee bit more credit though.

FYI 80% of teams that have had 10 or more points after their first 10 games have stayed up!

First post by the way.

Woo Hoo.

Not sure about outplaying every team last year....

agree....certainly outplayed alot of sides but not all

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Sep 2006 00:21

weybridgewanderer on the bbc website today hansen has all but admitted he got it wrong

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5377988.stm

What is Sir Steve doing? Perhaps one day he'll peel back his face to reveal it's really been Terry Bullivant all along!

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 26 Sep 2006 13:15

probably best to save the gloating until we are definitely staying up. After all he who laughs last and all that.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 07 Oct 2006 11:35

readingbedding
Gordons Cumming We've only played 6 games.

A little caution is needed methinks? :wink: :roll:

I agree with you, a little Coppell 'cautionism' is needed.

One mate at work is a Palace fan and things were going very well for them one season with Coppell in charge in the Prem up until November.
They went down that season.

He's probably just saying that to annoy me but he has a point.

Until we get 45 points we won't be 100% safe, but game by game and point by point with a more experienced Coppell I have a good feeling we'll have a good season.

Thats a valid point that your mate mentioned but I think Coppell is far more experienced now. I would have been a lot more worried 18 months ago when we blew the chance of making the playoffs. But things are completely different now and I think Coppell has learnt from what went wrong.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

Re: Time for MOTD to admit it

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 07 Oct 2006 11:51

tomrfcurz Its about time match of the day admitted we r the best out of the newly promoted teams im glad to see lorro and shearer eating their words ..... GET IN

doesnt bover me to much how many people admit they were wrong about us, we all knew we were better and would have the best chance of all three teams after they way we played last season