Hob nob anyone

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

Re: Hob nob anyone

by Z-Head » 28 Sep 2006 09:37

That Friday Feeling
Z-Head
moo Is it true this is the name because once Caskey missed a open goal and every1 threw biscuits at him ?

From

Plastic

xx

I remember Elm Park very well, and i cant remember many pepoile holding biscuits ready for a avalance on a player.

Maybe a old boy once threw a biscuit and probibly because his bird left the tin open.

Sorry but i think your wrong!

Get ready...

:oops: fair play i am.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Sep 2006 09:57

Royal With Cheese
There used to be a fanzine called "Taking the Biscuit"

Are any of those guys involved in HNA?

Best fanzine we had. Anybody remember the short lived (and frankly dreadful) There Aint No Red in Reading or Tottenham?

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 28 Sep 2006 10:21

Irvinchangeyaname wrote:

Royal With Cheese wrote:

Best fanzine we had. Anybody remember the short lived (and frankly dreadful) There Aint No Red in Reading or Tottenham?

YES ! - I do a very half-arsed affair with strange cartoons and captions sold for one or two seasons at Elm Park back in the early nineties !

I might still have a copy at home as it happens ! :lol:

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 Sep 2006 10:51

I remember it well, used to play in the footy team occasionally against other clubs, and on one occasion played for bradford to make up the numbers, not the best decision the "biscuits" made in fairness :lol:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 28 Sep 2006 12:45

Royal With Cheese wrote:

I remember that, it was the best I've seen - wasn't it them who brought out the "Mission Impossible" t-shirt which the club tried to ban

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 28 Sep 2006 12:51

never used to get it....i used to get that Heaven 11.

Irvinchangeyaname
Royal With Cheese

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 28 Sep 2006 12:52

Spirit of Elm Park I remember it well, used to play in the footy team occasionally against other clubs, and on one occasion played for bradford to make up the numbers, not the best decision the "biscuits" made in fairness :lol:

Was that the game in Bradford in freezing rain on the top of a hill so that every time the ball went out for a goal kick the keeper had to run 50 yards each way to get it back - and we lost 0-3?

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 28 Sep 2006 12:54

Royal With Cheese wrote:

I remember that, it was the best I've seen - wasn't it them who brought out the "Mission Impossible" t-shirt which the club tried to ban

Almost forgot - Yes it was

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 Sep 2006 13:16

Uncle Andy
Spirit of Elm Park I remember it well, used to play in the footy team occasionally against other clubs, and on one occasion played for bradford to make up the numbers, not the best decision the "biscuits" made in fairness :lol:

Was that the game in Bradford in freezing rain on the top of a hill so that every time the ball went out for a goal kick the keeper had to run 50 yards each way to get it back - and we lost 0-3?

Nah, the game at Cantley, Bradford were short of players so not knowing me, I was put on their side to make up numbers.

I scored 6 and Bradford won 6-0 I think it was. Oh the ribbings I got :lol:

Are you from Twyford originally "Uncle Andy", if so I may know you :wink:

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 29 Sep 2006 11:57

Spirit of Elm Park
Uncle Andy

Nah, the game at Cantley, Bradford were short of players so not knowing me, I was put on their side to make up numbers.

No - I was the brilliant tactician and manager that put you on the other team !!!

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 29 Sep 2006 12:04

Uncle Andy
Spirit of Elm Park
Uncle Andy

No - I was the brilliant tactician and manager that put you on the other team !!!

Still getting nightmares I bet :lol:

Trendy

by Trendy » 29 Oct 2006 15:41

Spirit of Elm Park
Uncle Andy
Spirit of Elm Park
Uncle Andy

Still getting nightmares I bet :lol:

Hey, I was put into the Bradford side for that game as well. I always thought I was TTB's worst player but even I managed to take the ball past three and almost lobbed the keeper only to see the ball roll along the top of the crossbar and drop back into play... those were the days.

I still remember the team song. "Uncle Andy out, uncle Andy out..." and his favourite pieces of tactical advice "If you can't get the man go for the ball" and "Dodecahedrons" as he thought this was more clever the shouting "Triangles".

Not that anyone took the slightest bit of notice of him (some things never change).

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 29 Oct 2006 15:59

Corky341
What's a hobnob?

One of those oven things?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Oct 2006 16:38

TBM
Considering Caskey joined us in 96 and the site has been here since about 94 its not possible.

Is that correct? Did HNA really exist as long ago as 94? There weren't many private users of the www at that time so it must have been a pretty sad site?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 29 Oct 2006 17:28

Uncle Andy
Royal With Cheese wrote:

Almost forgot - Yes it was

Could you explain that story to those of us who don't know?

Question Mark

by Question Mark » 29 Oct 2006 17:48

West Stand Man
TBM
Considering Caskey joined us in 96 and the site has been here since about 94 its not possible.

Is that correct? Did HNA really exist as long ago as 94? There weren't many private users of the www at that time so it must have been a pretty sad site?

It was used by tax dodgers
;-)

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 29 Oct 2006 19:04

To throw some light on the subject, Huntley and Palmers made biscuits, hence the original name. They were, however, pre Hob Nob days but they were most famous for their GINGER NUTS.
Have some fun with that!