On your Bikey

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Oct 2006 16:41

I'd much rather we had his dicipline to be grousing about than poor play. There's a much better chance he can fix the former.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2006 16:51

handbags_harris
The 17 Bus mikels second was also debatable, no one here seems to be saying that he should have stayed on.
Bikey was stupid, and while this did not cost us points we would have had more chance had we had 11 on the field of play.

I'm sorry? Debatable?! For christ's sake a blatant rugby tackle when we're about to launch potentially a dangerous counterattack? It was a cynical foul designed to stop a man in his tracks with no attempt to play the ball at all. No debate in my book.

Whilst I agree that Mikel had to go, your describing it as a 'rugby tackle' makes it clear you are wearing blinkers. Sonko was away and Mikel tugged him back. Second yellow yes, assault no. My only surprise to be honest was how easily lorry-like Sonko went down. Seems we can play the Chelsea way too! :wink:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 16:52

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Oct 2006 17:04

was naive enough to tug back Drogba when he missed the challenge and then, whether accidental or not, tripped him.

so he tugged him then tripped him, sounds like a yellow to me.,

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 17:09

earley_royals His second yellow card was laughable. Riley evened it up well. :roll:

It was a foul, but never a yellow card.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 15 Oct 2006 17:20

Gregster
it was a harsh sending off,but am i right in thinking that he's now been sent off twice for us? not the sign of a good player

Were you one of the people calling for Sonko's head after the mistakes he kept making when he first came to us?

As far as I can remember Michael Meaker never got sent off for us. Was he a good player?

sonko showed potential i havent seen any sign of that from biky, although granted that might come with more experience

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 15 Oct 2006 17:26

cmonurz
handbags_harris
The 17 Bus mikels second was also debatable, no one here seems to be saying that he should have stayed on.
Bikey was stupid, and while this did not cost us points we would have had more chance had we had 11 on the field of play.

I'm sorry? Debatable?! For christ's sake a blatant rugby tackle when we're about to launch potentially a dangerous counterattack? It was a cynical foul designed to stop a man in his tracks with no attempt to play the ball at all. No debate in my book.

Whilst I agree that Mikel had to go, your describing it as a 'rugby tackle' makes it clear you are wearing blinkers. Sonko was away and Mikel tugged him back. Second yellow yes, assault no. My only surprise to be honest was how easily lorry-like Sonko went down. Seems we can play the Chelsea way too! :wink:

If a man is a yard in front of an opponent and running down the line, and is pulled back with both arms over his shoulders, that is a "tackle" more akin to rugby. Watch the incident again sir, I think you'll find that my description of the incident is much more accurate than yours. And your insinuation that Sonko dived is incredible and clearly shows that you have no idea of the science involved in these things. It does not take a lot to throw a man off balance when he's at full pace. Big men running at full pace actually will invariably find it harder to stay on their feet when thrown off balance than a short man will. Sonko had absolutely no opportunity to stay on his feet, in fact I don't think he would even KNOW how to dive!!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2006 17:31

handbags_harris I don't think he would even KNOW how to dive!!

:lol: Would probably be amusing to watch.

Just re-watched the incident as it obviously wasn't fresh in my mind and see your point, it was more than a shirt-tug.

Whilst I was never insinuating Sonko dived, I am definitely of the opinion that it was a 'professional' fall.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 15 Oct 2006 17:31

Geez, this isn't like Reading fans to single out someone and want them out.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2006 17:34

Guys an idiot IMO. We go on about his disciplinary record being a problem if we sign him, he gets sent off in a friendly in sweden then gets another chance. The chance comes, his first league appearance for the club and what does he do? Gets two deserved bookings and gets sent off. oxf*rd idiot, get him out in january.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Oct 2006 17:50

he didnt deserve to go, big club bias, riley was awful
its about time we had some more steel at the back anyway
thought he was ok, not quite at the races against chelsea, but that understanding will come with more coaching, and time in the team
he definately has potential.
thought we did really well to limit them, their only chances came from dived for free kicks, and our workrate and tenacity made them look pretrty average, and i was impressed at how we kept pushing for a goal, no fear shown at all.
gutted weve lost bikey- is DLC injured or can he play on sunday?
and murtz is a big blow

but i thought we did well

mourinho's comments, and their diving is what the FA should be investigating,
its good to see the press and pundits are mostly saying there was no intent and the ref did the right thing

bring on the arsenal

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 15 Oct 2006 18:53

The 17 Bus Bikey going mad was just showmanship, no place for that at Reading, get shot of him now, waste of space IMHO

Well, who else are we going to have instead? John Halls? :roll:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Oct 2006 19:21

The 17 Bus Bikey going mad was just showmanship, no place for that at Reading, get shot of him now, waste of space IMHO

You, sir, an an Ass. Your HO is unwelcome and it has no place at Reading, waste of space.

lovetoscore

by lovetoscore » 15 Oct 2006 20:46

Drogba dived end of-no foul no card-Bikey didn't touch him so leave him alone! Like to punch that Cnut Riley though!! :evil:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 20:54

lovetoscore Drogba dived end of-no foul no card-Bikey didn't touch him so leave him alone! Like to punch that Cnut Riley though!! :evil:

At a glance, I read your user name as 'love scrote' :oops:

lovetoscore

by lovetoscore » 15 Oct 2006 21:08

[quote="Row Z Royal"][quote="lovetoscore"]Drogba dived end of-no foul no card-Bikey didn't touch him so leave him alone! Like to punch that Cnut Riley though!! :evil:[/quote]

At a glance, I read your user name as 'love scrote' :oops:[/quote]

Hilarious-stick to the day job as comedy is not your forte!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Oct 2006 21:16

Bikeys 2nd yellow was a joke. It'll probably be over turned.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Oct 2006 21:17

Bikey looks like he's going to be a class act to me and, whilst there's no excuse for what happened in Sweden, surely he deserves the benefit of the doubt having walked for 2 soft yellows, in a match where the officials were highly inconsistant to say the least.

W@nker Riley looked like a man desperate to even things up for fear he might lose his retirement home in St Petersburg :?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Oct 2006 23:57

The main thing is Coppell says he deserved to walk. Not a happy man, and I'd be suprised if Bikey gets many more chances in the first team this year. I hope I'm wrong.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: On your Bikey

by KC Royal » 19 Oct 2006 13:07

Man Friday Coppell wasn't too impressed with Mr B getting sent off yesterday - just as we were in the ascendancy. Quite simply his needless sending off cost us the game. We threw away the advantage we had for nothing. At the time, I didn't think his second "challenge" deserved a card but having seen the replays, it did. First the short-pulling then the "accidental" trip. What a plonker. No wonder he was cross. He blew it for his team and cost us a point or three.

Watching it on TV, I thought it may have been the ref he was annoyed with, but seeing the replays Bikey deserved to go. Bikey is obviously rash, and I get the impression if he gets sent off again this season, he may not be around next year. Coppell was after all a bit wary of signing him after his headbutt in Sweden.