Sonko Vs Anelka

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2006 11:59

SpaceCruiser
rotherwick_royal Had Anelka in his pocket the whole game :D

Should make somebody from the French national team sit up and take notice.

Er, Senegal, I should think. :roll:

As much it pains you Spacey, it is clear that Sonko wants to play for France. He'd have gone to at least one Senegal call-up by now if not.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Dec 2006 12:04

Stranded
SpaceCruiser

As much it pains you Spacey, it is clear that Sonko wants to play for France. He'd have gone to at least one Senegal call-up by now if not.

Did you miss his comment on the Senegal call ups? He said he respects the Senegal manager's desire to call him up as they were first to call him up rather than France. I think, if it wasn't for the ankle injury before the last international game, he would have played for them. I think you're reading too much into his absences.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 04 Dec 2006 12:51

I think I'd rather Sonks played for France, because if he plays for Senegal, he'll be at the ACoN for a few weeks. At least when France play, it's at the same time as the international breaks that we have here.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 04 Dec 2006 13:40

SpaceCruiser
Stranded
SpaceCruiser

Did you miss his comment on the Senegal call ups? He said he respects the Senegal manager's desire to call him up as they were first to call him up rather than France. I think, if it wasn't for the ankle injury before the last international game, he would have played for them. I think you're reading too much into his absences.

But the previous times he has had the chance with Senegal, he has passed up the opportunity.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 04 Dec 2006 14:29

SpaceCruiser

Ah bless, innocence suits you (i think? :? )

He is balatently keeping his options open in the event of not getting a call up to the French squad.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 04 Dec 2006 16:21

MartinRdg
SpaceCruiser
Stranded
SpaceCruiser

But the previous times he has had the chance with Senegal, he has passed up the opportunity.

If I recall correctly his family moved to France when he was very young, so he probably considers himself as much French as Senegalese. Given the chioce which one would you play for.

He's definitely keeping his options open.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Dec 2006 17:00

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo
bassavage Also, I think Murty has been outstanding this season. Because he's not the quickest in the world I thought he may get found out this season up against left-wingers but he's been superb this season and was no surprise we started winning again when he came back.

I reckon you'll be suprised.

To be honest I think Asafa Powell would just edge it in a photo-finish.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 05 Dec 2006 18:23

SpaceCruiser

He qualifies for both countries, he could play alongside Anelka in the future. :?