Match Preview...Sheffield United+predictions(H)..Jan 20th

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Jan 2007 18:54

Higher, don't forget to ask the Blades what they think about us being their "Official Bogey Team" when you do the review. :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Jan 2007 18:55

Morgan's been banned for 3 matches so that's good news right?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 04 Jan 2007 19:10

Higher, don't forget to ask the Blades what they think about us being their "Official Bogey Team" when you do the review.
Added to list.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 04 Jan 2007 19:56

readingbedding Morgan's been banned for 3 matches so that's good news right?

Hmm don't know. He has been better than expected this season, but he doesn't have much pace on him.

We could have ripped him to shreads with balls behind.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 04 Jan 2007 21:37

Woodcote Royal I'm assuming "squad player at best" has now replaced "not good enough" for 2007.

I seem to remember that Sonko and Kitson were once holders of this infamous title.

So, I guess it should come as no surprise to see it attached to a midfieder who stood in at right back, whilst the defence kept a clean sheet, as they hammered the oppo 6-0, one of which he scored..........................as ever, we are grateful to our resident experts for their input.

So I assume you're dissagreing with his point that Bryn's a 'squad player at best' then? He is too slow to play regularly and keeping a clean sheet against WH was no huge feat the way they played (or didn't).

blade 1

by blade 1 » 04 Jan 2007 23:48

we never beat you ever, dispite some close games. but hey ho if we are within one place of you this year we will have stayed up.

as for morgan maybe jags and davis with pace are better equipt to try and stop you.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 05 Jan 2007 11:01

The general point I was making about Bryn, actually has nothing to do with the West Ham game, although it did highlight his qualities, it is more the fact that over the Xmas period I thought he showed us why at times last season he was preferred ahead of Harper and even Sidwell on an occasion.

The Chelsea and Man U formations were a masterstroke of Coppell's and I think could be employed again this season with Bryn involved, but what I would really like to see is Gunnarsson being given more of a regular role in the first team, particularly in hard tackling games like the one coming up against Sheff U.

Why should Hunt be given so much more opportunity than Gunnarsson this season, particularly when you consider that Hunt was little more than a bit-part player last season and Bryn was more regular and made some very important contributions. Also as Bryn has been played at right-back, why could he not also be played on the right side of midfield in addition to the more central role he usually occupies ?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Jan 2007 13:52

Woodcote Royal I'm assuming "squad player at best" has now replaced "not good enough" for 2007.

I seem to remember that Sonko and Kitson were once holders of this infamous title.

So, I guess it should come as no surprise to see it attached to a midfieder who stood in at right back, whilst the defence kept a clean sheet, as they hammered the oppo 6-0, one of which he scored..........................as ever, we are grateful to our resident experts for their input.

How true, how true. I am sure that if you could be bothered to trawl the pages of HNA you'd find evidence of virtually every player in this squad being described as 'not good enough' at some time! I recall the vitriole at the start of this season over the lack of signings because 'most of this squad is not up to Prem League standard'. Thank heavens that Steve Coppell and his management/coaching team are in charge and not some of the kids who endlessly post rubbish about the players on here!

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 05 Jan 2007 19:14

Nezhen The general point I was making about Bryn, actually has nothing to do with the West Ham game, although it did highlight his qualities, it is more the fact that over the Xmas period I thought he showed us why at times last season he was preferred ahead of Harper and even Sidwell on an occasion.

The Chelsea and Man U formations were a masterstroke of Coppell's and I think could be employed again this season with Bryn involved, but what I would really like to see is Gunnarsson being given more of a regular role in the first team, particularly in hard tackling games like the one coming up against Sheff U.

Why should Hunt be given so much more opportunity than Gunnarsson this season, particularly when you consider that Hunt was little more than a bit-part player last season and Bryn was more regular and made some very important contributions. Also as Bryn has been played at right-back, why could he not also be played on the right side of midfield in addition to the more central role he usually occupies ?

Bryn isn't a winger though which is what this club thrives on currently, Hunty isn't the greatest player in the world but is a reasonable winger and can take someone on. If you were going to include Bryn on the right, I think you'd need to push Murty on to right winger and stick Gunnar in at full back.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 05 Jan 2007 19:41

savage 4 england Morgan: We could have ripped him to shreads with balls behind.

Not a pleasant image :shock:

royals pete

by royals pete » 05 Jan 2007 21:32

Its easy to trail lots of forums and put posts on quite a few.

Regularly look at Warnocks lot but I see that BLADE 1 has posted on here.

Shows how easy it is but why do we have to get an intro and pay a tenner to post on the Shef Utd site.? Can't have that.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 06 Jan 2007 12:59

there are a few united sites

try barrelofmoney

or theres baldesmad

or unitedite.co.uk

think you have to pay for bladesunited.org

rarly visit any other than unitedte because they tend to be frequented by arses

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 06 Jan 2007 13:08

blade 1 rarly visit any other than unitedte because they tend to be frequented by arses

I don't think that's Blades-specific. :lol:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 08 Jan 2007 14:35

Not the fasted of defenders but a bonus non the less.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Jan 2007 18:02

Kilgallon will be an adequate replacement.

royals pete

by royals pete » 08 Jan 2007 20:20

thanks blade1. Shall be on there idc.

See Warnock has been splashing out in the January sales today !!

But how can Leeds afford to let Kevin Kilgallon go. resigned to D2 ? (or is it D1 ! )

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 08 Jan 2007 22:11

My mate who is a blades fan thinks that Jagielka will be playing in goal as Kenny is out for 3 weeks...shame.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Jan 2007 22:22

exileinleeds My mate who is a blades fan thinks that Jagielka will be playing in goal as Kenny is out for 3 weeks...shame.

Your mate is a twat then!!!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2007 08:09

Even though Paul Gerrard played in the cup last Saturday? :roll:

by 1960 » 11 Jan 2007 16:38

As Blade1 is on here perhaps he can explain 4-4-2's "oink" comments about Jagielka. I can't figure it out.