LOLee Dixon

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Jan 2007 12:04

zac naloen I thought he meant specific players were struggling, so he gave them a run in the cup...
Well, even if he did, he was still wrong, wasn't he!!

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 28 Jan 2007 12:06

Royal Lady
zac naloen I thought he meant specific players were struggling, so he gave them a run in the cup...

Well technically he was right, they couldn't get in the first team.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Jan 2007 12:10

alad Alan Green is terrible, he openly admits to knowing little about clubs outside the Premiership because he doesn't cover their games. He just agrees with whatever the callers say most of the time unless he can slag Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson off.

Agree with that Alad, Alan Green is a condescending whinging little twerp who knows bollocks all about life outside of the Premiership. He is a man considered to be 5 Live's top dedicated radio commentator. He'll never be that until he wakes up and realises that there IS in fact life outside of the Premiership!

doylefan

by doylefan » 28 Jan 2007 12:16

it seems to be a general thing so far this season with the pundits and media - when ever we do well (ie yesterday, against chelsea on boxing day and west ham on NYD) it wasnt about how well Reading had played but how bad the other side were. its about time that they start to realise that we can play up there with the best and we deserve to get some credit for it.

the end bit of match of the day was as if they were saying it only because they had to.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Jan 2007 12:17

zac naloen
Royal Lady

But surely that would apply to all teams, they're all going to have a first choice 11 (barring injuries) and the others can't get in. :roll:

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 28 Jan 2007 12:18

Royal Lady
zac naloen
Royal Lady

But surely that would apply to all teams, they're all going to have a first choice 11 (barring injuries) and the others can't get in. :roll:

Of course, i'm just saying he was technically right. Not right to say it ;)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Jan 2007 12:31

I know!! :wink: Anyway, stuff them all, but when they want to cash in on our success at some point, I think we should tell them to get lost - esp Alan Green.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 28 Jan 2007 14:47

Maybe Dixon meant we were struggling to score 100 goals and achieve 110 points last season!!!!!!!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Jan 2007 15:35

biscuitsrus we were struggling to score 100 goals
Don't go there! That still hurts as bad as relegation.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Jan 2007 15:51

Im Spartacus The talksport fella was Terry Christian (sp) I think there was a hint of irony, there. He takes the piss out of every club other than Manure.

Terry Christian on Radio is cringe-inducing garbage. I listened to him for about 10 minutes last night while waiting to pick up my daughter and had to change stations as the car was misting up I was so embarrassed. The show he does with Micky Quinn is horrific stuff.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2007 17:12

Arch
biscuitsrus we were struggling to score 100 goals
Don't go there! That still hurts as bad as relegation.

This will cheer you up then Arch...

Murty scored a penalty!

hehehehehe

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 28 Jan 2007 17:24

Royal Rother
Im Spartacus The talksport fella was Terry Christian (sp) I think there was a hint of irony, there. He takes the piss out of every club other than Manure.

Terry Christian on Radio is cringe-inducing garbage. I listened to him for about 10 minutes last night while waiting to pick up my daughter and had to change stations as the car was misting up I was so embarrassed. The show he does with Micky Quinn is horrific stuff.

Made me laugh Christian said that Coppell was a "semi legend" therefore no man u no Reading!! doesnt wind me up just have to LOL at him.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Jan 2007 17:56

Terry Christian = professional northerner.

Apart from that he's pretty talentless.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 28 Jan 2007 18:16

alad Alan Green is terrible, he openly admits to knowing little about clubs outside the Premiership because he doesn't cover their games. He just agrees with whatever the callers say most of the time unless he can slag Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson off.
to be fair to Alan Green, although he did say at the very start of the season that he thought that Reading (and Watford & Sheff Utd) would struggle to stay up, at least he came straight out and admitted it was just a hunch as he hadn't seen us play, rather than the likes of Lawrenson who'd pretend they really had some kind of insight that allowed them to say with authority that we lacked quality.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jan 2007 19:13

Royal Rother

its' meant to be..............TC is a Man U supporter....Micky Quinn is Mickey Quinn

Our very own Mr A has featured a few times (on their show) and put them in their place (and therefore on their backfoot).

Just chill and enjoy

Top Cat (George Galloway) normally follows their show......now that is worthy of high blood pressure.

Malx

by Malx » 28 Jan 2007 20:33

How much do they ever talk about Watford or Sheff utd? My impression of the media is that they basically love Reading at the moment and I think we get more than our fair share of attention/praise at the moment.

Wait till we become a boring mid table premiership team and then we will be completely ignored.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jan 2007 21:43

[quote="Malx"Wait till we become a boring mid table premiership team and then we will be completely ignored.[/quote]Mmmmmmmmmm nice :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Jan 2007 23:01

AthleticoSpizz
Royal Rother

its' meant to be..............TC is a Man U supporter....Micky Quinn is Mickey Quinn

Our very own Mr A has featured a few times (on their show) and put them in their place (and therefore on their backfoot).

Just chill and enjoy

Enjoy what?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jan 2007 23:05

Mr A :arrow:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Jan 2007 09:42

Another example of total ignorance in the media - anyone see who was nominated as MOTM in the Observer? It was Convey - and the text said something along the lines of 'Out of favour in the Premiership, but did really well in the cup'!