Adam McCleary?!! (Media don't like us /can't spell thread)

1066 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2007 12:48

Vision
Royalupnorth
Vision Another one for those whose blood is likely to boil at the slightest slight on our name.

SSN's morning poll is asking viewers who they think will win this season's FA Cup.

There are 8 nominees. We're not 1 of them.

11 Premiership teams are in the draw. (including replays). That means 3 premiership teams weren't considered.
So we are not the only team the media give little respect to then?

But we are the highest placed club that they have ruthlessly and unforgiveably snubbed.

Only Chelsea , Man Utd & 1 team from Arsenal/Bolton are higher ranked than us.

I maintain heads should roll , questions should be asked in Parliament and Rupert Murdoch should be made to make a grovelling public apology................. in a dress.

yes and we're playing utd away, therefore have no chance.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Feb 2007 13:18

Ian Royal
Vision
Royalupnorth
Vision Another one for those whose blood is likely to boil at the slightest slight on our name.

SSN's morning poll is asking viewers who they think will win this season's FA Cup.

11 Premiership teams are in the draw. (including replays). That means 3 premiership teams weren't considered.

But we are the highest placed club that they have ruthlessly and unforgiveably snubbed.

I maintain heads should roll , questions should be asked in Parliament and Rupert Murdoch should be made to make a grovelling public apology................. in a dress.

yes and we're playing utd away, therefore have no chance.

A whoosh methinks.

Irrelevent anyway as the poll was started before the draw was made.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 Feb 2007 14:42

Vision
Royalupnorth

Perhaps they've just taken the 8 teams most likely to win it - most bookies have us as 10th favourites, some as 11th.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Feb 2007 14:54

fcuk me, my 1st thread to go sticky :lol: :lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Feb 2007 15:08

RobRoyal
Vision
Royalupnorth

Perhaps they've just taken the 8 teams most likely to win it - most bookies have us as 10th favourites, some as 11th.

Before or after we drew Man Utd?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 02 Feb 2007 16:00

Kevin Harper, Kevin Harper... He Goes by the name of, Kevin Harper.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 Feb 2007 16:27

Vision
RobRoyal
Vision
Royalupnorth

Before or after we drew Man Utd?

After, but then I'm not sure the draw affects the odds too greatly - afterall if we were going to win it, we'd almost certainly have to beat Man Utd at some point, as will everybody else.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Feb 2007 16:30

We are not going to win the FA Cup.

Stop being silly boys. :roll:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 Feb 2007 16:32

Gordons Cumming We are not going to win the FA Cup.

Stop being silly boys. :roll:

Did anyone say we were?? :shock:

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 02 Feb 2007 17:03

Scuse my complete ignorance and bemusement. Max respect to Sharpy and all that but what on earth is this thread given sticky status for?
Higher out.

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 02 Feb 2007 17:25

Royal Tezza I heard it too. How professionals cannot say the correct name of one of a Prem team's top players is beyond me

TBF complete bloody amateurs also get it wrong. How about that disinterested tannoy announcer at Old Trafford...

one of a number, IIRC

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 02 Feb 2007 21:13

magnus hahnemann IIRC. Motty was it?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Feb 2007 09:33

On BBC website, on the match preview for this weekend, they call Coppell ` boothroyd` near the bottom. :lol: idiots

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 03 Feb 2007 09:41

playoffs or layoffs TBF complete bloody amateurs also get it wrong. How about that disinterested tannoy announcer at Old Trafford...

Almost worth going to the cup game just to see if they can get more than a couple names right next time.

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 03 Feb 2007 17:11

From the BBC

"Lita turned in James Hunt's header at the far post but TV replays showed Webb was wrong to rule Ivar Ingimarsson's cross had gone out of play."

:lol:

ddetisi

by ddetisi » 03 Feb 2007 17:31

mattyougg From the BBC

"Lita turned in James Hunt's header at the far post but TV replays showed Webb was wrong to rule Ivar Ingimarsson's cross had gone out of play."

:lol:

They also say that sidwell set up both goals! would be nice if they got a reporter that was more clued up on football. This guy was obviously living under a rock when hunt clattered cech otherwise surly you can't get that wrong? or he's just a rugby reporter filling in as know one else wants to do the Reading games, in fear of not knowing ANYONES oxf*rd NAME!

:D

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Feb 2007 17:32

From the BBC report on todays game :shock:

Lita turned in James Hunt's header at the far post but TV replays showed Webb was wrong to rule Ingimarsson's cross had gone out of play.

(too late) :oops:
Last edited by Chaney on 03 Feb 2007 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Feb 2007 17:33

mattyougg James Hunt
:lol: Is that a first?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 03 Feb 2007 18:04

Carlton Palmer did well on "Final Score" today (on an otherwise very nice bit where everyone talked about how well Reading we doing).

Started off talking about "how we all thought Reading would stay up at the start of the season" (?), talked about the great pairing of Sonko and Henderson at the back, and finished off with the insight that "..although Sheffield United won the league last year, I thought Reading were the better team."

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Feb 2007 18:06

CarLOLton PaLOLmer :lol:

1066 posts