Jade Goodey in Y25?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 30 Jan 2007 09:05

East Stand Ste

Re: Jade Goodey in Y25?

by East Stand Ste » 30 Jan 2007 09:09

newbiscuit Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.
I'm not trying to be a prude, but when an opposition player goes down and the chant of 'Shit On The Floor' goes up, don't you just want to hide your face with embarressment. Now, i can just about live with 'Your support is oxf*rd Shit' which is surely crude for the sake of being crude, as is 'oxf*rd Off Mourinhio' and as the peoplle that continually recite these unpleasantries cant see any harm in what they are shouting, i would like to nominate that we officially rename Y25 as 'THE JADE GOODEY SECTION', and perhaps a collective name for the singers as 'JADE GOODEY's'.

Yeah, yeah, i know, its true that we had equally crude chants in the 70s & 80s, along with hooligans and diminishing crowds, but then as now, most people didn't join in, and football has moved on since then.

go to the upper west then if you dont like it.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 30 Jan 2007 09:17

oxf*rd off you gayer

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2007 09:41

Im Spartacus
exileinleeds
newbiscuit Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.
I'm not trying to be a prude, but when an opposition player goes down and the chant of 'Shit On The Floor' goes up, don't you just want to hide your face with embarressment. Now, i can just about live with 'Your support is oxf*rd Shit' which is surely crude for the sake of being crude, as is 'oxf*rd Off Mourinhio' and as the peoplle that continually recite these unpleasantries cant see any harm in what they are shouting, i would like to nominate that we officially rename Y25 as 'THE JADE GOODEY SECTION', and perhaps a collective name for the singers as 'JADE GOODEY's'.

Yeah, yeah, i know, its true that we had equally crude chants in the 70s & 80s, along with hooligans and diminishing crowds, but then as now, most people didn't join in, and football has moved on since then.

Royal Rother- are you pissed and having an identity crisis?

That looks like a great shout EIL.

Not me chaps. But I can confirm that a chant of "shit on the floor" when an oppos player is injured would indeed make me cringe with embarrassment, as I trust it would most decent folk.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Jan 2007 09:45

I see where you're coming from. Over recent matches, a sizable number have spent more time and energy baiting the opposition fans and abusing their players then they have actually supporting Reading.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Jan 2007 09:55

As I mentioned on another thread, there was one game where a player went down and we chanted Shit on the floor, Only that player happened to be black and the opposition fans complained that it was racist which wasn't the case :lol:

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 30 Jan 2007 10:03

Skin

Now you mention Great White's Totesport were offering 25-1 for a great white being caught in British waters. I suggest we lump on, get a boat, nip down to South Africa catch one of the feckers and tow it back up the Severn estuary. A long shot but it might just work!

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 30 Jan 2007 10:43

royalsteve
That Friday Feeling Who is Jade Goodey?

some ugly loud mouthed pig that appeared on a 2nd rate tv show and she apparently made a racist comment which is obviously bigger news than some muslims in court for trying to blow up trains in London....must have been really bad then! :roll:

The show I am told is so bad that its worse than watching teletext that apparently up to 8 million saddo's watch - why not buy a goldfish bowl, put some fish in it and watch that instead?

One in seven of the population supposedly watch 'reality' sh*t like this - says a lot about the way British society has gone doesn't it?
If no-one watched crap like this, it wouldn't need to be aired.
This is far more of a problem than a bunch of lads getting together and hurling abuse at highly-paid opposition players once a fortnight. I'm sure they can all take it in exchange for getting paid in a week what many of us earn in a year!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 30 Jan 2007 11:44

Cavaman
royalsteve
Cavaman I agree with you newbiscuit. And chanting at rotund, follicly challenged opposition fans by hundreds of so called reading fans who can't find suitable chants for their own team instead presumably just covers for their own inadequacies.

next clapping, chanting and celebrating will be banned because of noise pollution - you need to get out more - if you dont like it dont go, others will gladly take your place

I didn't think that I what I said implied no celebrating. What I don't like is insulting, bullying behaviour towards individual fans. If you think that it is better than chanting to support your own team, then perhaps it is you who should not bother going to games.

You could stand outside your own house and insult anyone who passes by and it would cost a lot less to do so.

Mate it happens at every football game and it's called Banter. There's hardly any fights taking place in the stands now is there? Like the man said, if you don't like it then don't bother going.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 30 Jan 2007 12:16

Royal Rother
Im Spartacus
exileinleeds

Royal Rother- are you pissed and having an identity crisis?

That looks like a great shout EIL.

Not me chaps. But I can confirm that a chant of "shit on the floor" when an oppos player is injured would indeed make me cringe with embarrassment, as I trust it would most decent folk.

Do you have a brother ?

jenster81

by jenster81 » 30 Jan 2007 12:18

there's a s;ight 'journalist -esque' feel to this thread.... be careful...

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 30 Jan 2007 12:24

Many years ago there was a great manager called Brian Clough. He felt fans should operate in a certain way and actually hit a fan who ran on the pitch (Greavsie said it was the first time he saw the sh*t hit the fan). Swearing at Notts Forest got so bad that parents didn't want to take their kids so he got a banner unfurled at one match that said "Less swearing please, gentlemen." It got very loud applause and the swearing diminished.

I don't find chants about eating dogs in Korea or Madjeski's approach to Cilla the slightest bit funny or anything to do with football. "Your support is f*cking sh*t" is pathetic but is probably only sung by fans with single figure IQs and all clubs have those.

On the other hand, even I am tempted at "f*ck off maurinho" so it's a question of balance. As Cloughie said "less", not none.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2007 12:32

Good post that.

G'La

by G'La » 30 Jan 2007 12:37

Bucks Dave "Your support is f*cking sh*t" is pathetic but is probably only sung by fans with single figure IQs

On the other hand, even I am tempted at "f*ck off maurinho"

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 30 Jan 2007 12:43

G'La
Bucks Dave "Your support is f*cking sh*t" is pathetic but is probably only sung by fans with single figure IQs

:lol:

I presume you'll be joining in enthusiastically when people decide its time to ridicule Wigans probably miniscule support then?

G'La

by G'La » 30 Jan 2007 12:57

Winchester Royal
G'La

I presume you'll be joining in enthusiastically when people decide its time to ridicule Wigans probably miniscule support then?

To right! I sometimes cringe at some of the chants (Worse than Graham Poll & even Reading till I die.... I guess mainly because our fans, especially those from deepest Tilehurst, sound like farmers) but thats just me, nothing to do with them or anyone else and I dont knock anyone for creating an atmosphere. Id rather be sat amongst loud mouthed Burberry ASBO's than sat with a family of stuck-up Barbour-clad, prawn sandwich choming c*nts!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Jan 2007 13:30

G'La
Winchester Royal
G'La

To right! I sometimes cringe at some of the chants (Worse than Graham Poll & even Reading till I die.... I guess mainly because our fans, especially those from deepest Tilehurst, sound like farmers) but thats just me, nothing to do with them or anyone else and I dont knock anyone for creating an atmosphere. Id rather be sat amongst loud mouthed Burberry ASBO's than sat with a family of stuck-up Barbour-clad, prawn sandwich choming c*nts!

There is a middle ground between those two extremes, though.

Cavaman

by Cavaman » 30 Jan 2007 13:45

AbovetheI
Cavaman
royalsteve
Cavaman I agree with you newbiscuit. And chanting at rotund, follicly challenged opposition fans by hundreds of so called reading fans who can't find suitable chants for their own team instead presumably just covers for their own inadequacies.

next clapping, chanting and celebrating will be banned because of noise pollution - you need to get out more - if you dont like it dont go, others will gladly take your place

I didn't think that I what I said implied no celebrating. What I don't like is insulting, bullying behaviour towards individual fans. If you think that it is better than chanting to support your own team, then perhaps it is you who should not bother going to games.

You could stand outside your own house and insult anyone who passes by and it would cost a lot less to do so.

Mate it happens at every football game and it's called Banter. There's hardly any fights taking place in the stands now is there? Like the man said, if you don't like it then don't bother going.

'Banter' to speak or tease lightly or jokingly; teasing or joking language or repartee.

Hardly what I was complaining about and if you can't see the difference, don't offer advice to others!

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 30 Jan 2007 15:10

Tut tut. None of that now. We can't have it become too obvious that those people that would spit on Jade Goody and others for their Big Brother actions are the same ones that would see nothing wrong with the most insulting and crude football chants.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 30 Jan 2007 15:22

That Friday Feeling Who is Jade Goodey?

some fat lardy bitch