Sonko out for season

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 01 Feb 2007 11:08

Hoop Blah
That might even prove to be a good thing for us as he won't be attracting interest from the likes of Villa, City, Newcastle or Everton who might've tried to nick him off us if he continued the way he was going.

Always look on the bright side of life? 8)

Doyler

by Doyler » 01 Feb 2007 11:14

Massive blow, he's been the lynchpin in our defence. Not sure about Bikey but I feel he can improve, Bennett I know nothing about, Sodje has looked solid and Duberry is proven at this level so I think we'll be ok. At least we have a decent amount of points on the board. The good thing is at the moment we are scoring goals for fun so we can compensate for conceding one or two. All the best sonks, get well soon.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Feb 2007 11:20

1960 Fearn should have put his foot down.

Do you not think having a knackered knee was bad enough?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Feb 2007 11:21

Maguire Fortunately we've maintained the black quota with the acquisition of Michael Duberry. Hopefully we can push on and sign some more black players in the summer.

Its good to see your concern about the equal opportunities policy.

Do you know if the club meets other non-disctrimantion targets such as disabled, women, religious persuasion and sexual orientation?

At present Sonko must be fill the disabled category for the paperwork.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Feb 2007 11:30

Very sad news - get well soon Sonks - ure one of the main reasons we're in the position we're in,

I'd like to say thank you and wish you a full and speedy recovery,

Sonko is superman Sonko is superman!!!

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 01 Feb 2007 12:36

Doyler Massive blow, he's been the lynchpin in our defence. Not sure about Bikey but I feel he can improve, Bennett I know nothing about, Sodje has looked solid and Duberry is proven at this level so I think we'll be ok. At least we have a decent amount of points on the board. The good thing is at the moment we are scoring goals for fun so we can compensate for conceding one or two. All the best sonks, get well soon.

Sodje solid?! Gave away the Heskey goal earlier on in the season, got sent off at Utd, think he was involved in giving away some of the goals at the Burnley game- shocking signing shocking player. I'd have Bikey any day- fair enough he was dodgy on Tues but he is just like how Sonko was when he came to the club. Imo im impressed by Bikey, he has a physical presence. Duberry im not sure on, always looked crap at Leeds but we will see. I want to see this Bennett play, just on the basis of Doyle and Long.

Keeper

by Keeper » 01 Feb 2007 12:40

Big blow for us, its not good to lose an important part of our team, but would explain the signings we have made.

I really do hope he gets better soon, i've got a similar injury to his and it is very painful, so Get Well Soon Sonks!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Feb 2007 12:41

Step up Doobs!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2007 12:46

Maguire Fortunately we've maintained the black quota with the acquisition of Michael Duberry. Hopefully we can push on and sign some more black players in the summer.

I sincerely hope you're black coming up with statements like that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Feb 2007 13:06

Uke

Its good to see your concern about the equal opportunities policy.

Do you know if the club meets other non-disctrimantion targets such as disabled, women, religious persuasion and sexual orientation?

At present Sonko must be fill the disabled category for the paperwork.
Until Stephen Hunt gets a hair cut he can count as a woman.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Sonko out for season

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Feb 2007 13:13

RoyalBlue
Huntley & Palmer
RoyalBlue
Stranded Apologies if already posted but the back page of the EP states today that he is out for the rest of the campaign. News wasn't announced prior to that as the club did not want to falsley inflate the market.

Bad news but at least we have more than adequate cover now. I would expect Duberry to start at Man City.

Beat you to it in the Duberry thread! :wink:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... &start=200

I think you will find I beat you to the punch on that one way further back in the thread

True, but your's was an educated (and correct) guess, whereas mine was official confirmation from club via BBRB!

H&P, always first with the news from inside RFC :wink:

Pridders

by Pridders » 01 Feb 2007 13:27

Doyler Massive blow, he's been the lynchpin in our defence.

I think you will find Murty has been. Losing Murty for the season would be extremely worrying, losing Sonk's isn't all that bad especially now we have Doobs..Sonko is replaceable Murty is not which makes him the lynchpin as you put it.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Feb 2007 13:32

Pridders
Doyler Massive blow, he's been the lynchpin in our defence.

I think you will find Murty has been. Losing Murty for the season would be extremely worrying, losing Sonk's isn't all that bad especially now we have Doobs..Sonko is replaceable Murty is not which makes him the lynchpin as you put it.

Yeah, it's not as if we've just spunked £2M+ on a guy who can play right back, is it.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Feb 2007 13:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup

Why would that make any difference?
Maguire,should the quota be in direct relation to the percentage of black people in this country or in relation to the number of black players in League football?

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton
Location: Near the source of the UK's No 1 Natural Mineral Water

by Ollie Kearns is in Buxton » 01 Feb 2007 13:43

Duberry's not gonna do a lot for repilca shirt sales in Senegal...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Feb 2007 13:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup

Not sure, but he's also got some 'interesting' views on Duberry, Woodgate and Bowyer!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Feb 2007 13:55

What does our resident sports physio make of this news?

I find it absolutely incredible that Sonko apparently managed to play on, after he first went down, with his cartilage damage and his cruciate ligaments b*ggered up.

Or did one of those happen as a consequence of him deciding/being allowed to play on?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Feb 2007 14:12

I will be surprised if Sonks is ready for the start of next season, in the next few days he is having more operations to reconstruct his cruciate ligaments, remember Kits as been out for 6 months with ligament damage

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Feb 2007 14:20

Chaney remember Kits as been out for 6 months with ligament damage

Nope. He was back in training in November - the hamstring, appendix and thigh problems kept him out since.

However Kitson didn't do his cruciate - he did his medial.
Last edited by Platypuss on 01 Feb 2007 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Doyler

by Doyler » 01 Feb 2007 14:23

Jeffers217
Doyler Massive blow, he's been the lynchpin in our defence. Not sure about Bikey but I feel he can improve, Bennett I know nothing about, Sodje has looked solid and Duberry is proven at this level so I think we'll be ok. At least we have a decent amount of points on the board. The good thing is at the moment we are scoring goals for fun so we can compensate for conceding one or two. All the best sonks, get well soon.

Sodje solid?! Gave away the Heskey goal earlier on in the season, got sent off at Utd, think he was involved in giving away some of the goals at the Burnley game- shocking signing shocking player. I'd have Bikey any day- fair enough he was dodgy on Tues but he is just like how Sonko was when he came to the club. Imo im impressed by Bikey, he has a physical presence. Duberry im not sure on, always looked crap at Leeds but we will see. I want to see this Bennett play, just on the basis of Doyle and Long.

You can hardly blame Sodje for getting sent off at united, it was harsh and that was backed up on motd. As for giving away some of the goals against Burnley Ivar didn't track akinbiyi either for the first and the second was a mix up between pearce and federici. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes and we went through so what does it matter? If you're going to criticise someone at least make sure you know what their mistake was in the first place. I say give him a chance.