Is it really 9 years ago....

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 07 Mar 2007 15:54

Dirk Gently I remember it vividly too - almost every match very clearly.

What I remember also is the fact that in the first week of January we were comfortably mid-table, in the 5th round of the League Cup and still in the FA Cup.

Then George Cain of Bootle gave that crap decision in the Boro match against Trevor Morley and the whole season fell apart from there. It's as if that decision was the turning point for everything.

How true- it was frightening how we just suddenly lost game after game after being in mid table safety in feb. I remember after the 5-1 defeat to Stockport and thinking this is it we are doomed!!. It was the one season since i started supporting in 1992 that i only attended about half the home games as i was at Uni - thank god!!!!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Mar 2007 13:20

It gets to the point, in a run like that, that you can get quite disappointed if we score or don't get beaten :shock: like some 'bonding' is being broken.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 08 Mar 2007 13:39

Dirk Gently I remember it vividly too - almost every match very clearly.

What I remember also is the fact that in the first week of January we were comfortably mid-table, in the 5th round of the League Cup and still in the FA Cup.

Then George Cain of Bootle gave that crap decision in the Boro match against Trevor Morley and the whole season fell apart from there. It's as if that decision was the turning point for everything.

Spot on - you share the exact same thoughts about that season as I.

Whistle

by Whistle » 08 Mar 2007 15:19

That 0-3 at Oxford was the most humiliating performance I've ever (saying something). It more or less sent us down and kept them up.

9 years later we're challenging for Europe and thy're non-League. Football, eh?!

savannah

by savannah » 08 Mar 2007 16:08

stooper, thats probably one of my favourite away games ever!!! what a blast