Oster in dark over Toshack snub

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 16 Mar 2007 08:49

Oster in 'Too shit to play international football' shocker!

Seriously though, if that's true about refusing to play for the B-Team then what can he expect. Reap what you sow John, reap what you sow.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 16 Mar 2007 08:52

I wouldn't play for a 'B' squad if invited in Oster's situation. It's not as if he's never played international football.

He's pushing for a palce in Reading's starting line up, the last thing he needs is to pick up an injury in some worthless 'B' game.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Mar 2007 08:58

The whole year inn What is he complaining about, WaLOLes have an abundance of class covering the midfield. From the recently named squad;

Andrew Crofts (Gillingham)
Arron Davies (Yeovil Town)
David Edwards (Shrewsbury Town)
Carl Fletcher (Crystal Palace)
Joe Ledley (Cardiff City),
Carl Robinson (Toronto)
David Cotterill (Wigan Athletic)
Jermaine Easter (Wycombe Wanderers)
Paul Parry (Cardiff City)

Toshack has also permanently dropped Robbie Savage, one of the few genuinely good players in the Weslh squad and someone who is actually quite hurt at the snub.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Mar 2007 08:59

WeLOLsh FootbaLOLLOL :lol:

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 16 Mar 2007 09:51

79Royal I wouldn't play for a 'B' squad if invited in Oster's situation. It's not as if he's never played international football.

He's pushing for a palce in Reading's starting line up, the last thing he needs is to pick up an injury in some worthless 'B' game.

I don't think it was recent by the sounds of it - he hasn't been selected for anything this time. Snubbing the B-team is never going to help your international career, so why do it? I couldn't care less to be honest but that sort of action fits in with his (ex?) persona.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2007 09:58

Don Finch
79Royal I wouldn't play for a 'B' squad if invited in Oster's situation. It's not as if he's never played international football.

I don't think it was recent by the sounds of it - he hasn't been selected for anything this time. Snubbing the B-team is never going to help your international career, so why do it? I couldn't care less to be honest but that sort of action fits in with his (ex?) persona.

toshack is a nob, and is up his own arse
always has been always will be
has fallen out with lots of players,
likes to drop people to make points
and is more interested in having a squad of players who like to lick his arse than having a squad of players that can win games

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 16 Mar 2007 10:06

I find this hilarious. When the last squad was announced, I said it was a travesty that he wasn't picked and everyone shouted me down, saying I was an idiot! It is a joke he is not in ahead of the rubbish picked ahead of him. Toshack should be getting every decent player he can, not snubbing Oyster and savage

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 16 Mar 2007 10:17

If Oster refused to play for the B side then he quite rightly doesn't deserve to be picked. I'm not bothered anyway, less games for our players the betters and he's had an excellent 2nd half of the season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Mar 2007 10:18

If I was Oster, I'd be delighted not to be associated with the shower of shit that is the Wales national team.

Trigger

by Trigger » 16 Mar 2007 10:29

RG30 If Oster refused to play for the B side then he quite rightly doesn't deserve to be picked. I'm not bothered anyway, less games for our players the betters and he's had an excellent 2nd half of the season.

Why on earth would he want to play for the B-Team? He's easily good enough for the senior team and everyone knows it. Toshack doesn't need to assess his qualities by making him play in a B international (which are pointless anyway).

International teams should be picked on merit - freezing players out over petty disputes (and I don't count the Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy dispute as petty) is indicative of poor management. If Toshack wants Wales to win things he owes it his country to to patch up relationships with his best players. Not picking Oster or - more importantly - Savage does nothing but reduce Wales' chances of success. But then again throughout Toshacks' career he's been accused of holding grudges. Real Madrd or not.

Berkshire Born

Re: Oster in dark over Toshack snub

by Berkshire Born » 16 Mar 2007 10:32

Rob-Royal good luck with this one mate - you're going to get abused and labelled a stupid, over reactive, sensitive poster who can't spell.....oh and a penis if you're really lucky....

Whats this all about? I don't see wehateoxford getting any abuse. It was a topical article that generated some good debate.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 16 Mar 2007 13:45

wehateoxford but ignoring the lack of research, anyone know why he isnt in the wales squad?

He's Awful?

Rob-Royal

Re: Oster in dark over Toshack snub

by Rob-Royal » 16 Mar 2007 13:52

Berkshire Born
Rob-Royal good luck with this one mate - you're going to get abused and labelled a stupid, over reactive, sensitive poster who can't spell.....oh and a penis if you're really lucky....

Whats this all about? I don't see wehateoxford getting any abuse. It was a topical article that generated some good debate.

Too long to explain...read Nugent ahead of Lita thread as an indicator...oh and I noticed that Shaka's Shorts got similar treatment on an earlier post from all accounts.....

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 16 Mar 2007 13:54

if your not prepared to be shouted at and labelled a idiot, you shouldnt be using HNA?

also, is oster as shit as say.... David Edwards?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2007 14:07

anR
TheLawnMowerMan Oster turned down a call up to the Wales B squad a while back, stating that it was an insult as his qualities were known to all.
Toshack doesn't like stuff like that (and I can see both points of view).

Saying now that he's not sure he'd like to play for Toshack is a good way of making sure he doesn't.

Hope this clears it up.

Yeah, remember when Chris Sutton rejected a call up for the England B team? He never wore the Three Lions, due to that refusal...

TFFT

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 16 Mar 2007 14:18

wehateoxford if your not prepared to be shouted at and labelled a idiot, you shouldnt be using HNA?

also, is oster as shit as say.... David Edwards?

You're missing the point and I'm not going to go into it just for your benefit. By the way, your use of the English language is diabolical, why would you put a question mark at the end of a sentence unless you were asking a question? It's you're not your...it's an idiot, not a idiot....it's shouldn't not shouldnt...

Idiot!

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 16 Mar 2007 15:14

Rob-Royal
wehateoxford HNA?

By the way, your use of the English language is diabolical, why would you put a question mark at the end of a sentence unless you were asking a question?

What's this site called again? Who's the idiot? :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2007 11:08

TheLawnMowerMan
2 world wars, 1 world cup Hang on!

Didn't Toshak select him for Wales resevres or something recently and Oster said NO?

WTF does oster expect? Toshak to say "Oh ok then you've shown aboslutely no keen-ness to play for me and impress so I know I'll put you in tha main squad...."

FFS Oster. :roll:

Why don't you read all of the 1 page there is before posting?
Might make it easier for the rest of us to find the relevant posts!

FFS 2WW1WC

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to have upset you dearie.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Mar 2007 11:24

Trigger
RG30 If Oster refused to play for the B side then he quite rightly doesn't deserve to be picked. I'm not bothered anyway, less games for our players the betters and he's had an excellent 2nd half of the season.

Why on earth would he want to play for the B-Team? He's easily good enough for the senior team and everyone knows it. Toshack doesn't need to assess his qualities by making him play in a B international (which are pointless anyway).

International teams should be picked on merit - freezing players out over petty disputes (and I don't count the Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy dispute as petty) is indicative of poor management. If Toshack wants Wales to win things he owes it his country to to patch up relationships with his best players. Not picking Oster or - more importantly - Savage does nothing but reduce Wales' chances of success. But then again throughout Toshacks' career he's been accused of holding grudges. Real Madrd or not.

I agree he's good enough but throwing your toys out of the pram a la Chris Sutton style then you don't deserve to play for your country.

Cookie

by Cookie » 21 Mar 2007 18:55

Oster is sounding off to the BBC about being overlooked by the Wales manager.

Honestly John, we understand your frustration but don't be childish. Craig (Bellamy) is right, ring the man up and talk to him, even better go knock on his door!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 470885.stm

"If I'm honest, no, I wouldn't rather be playing for Wales," Oster said.

"Unless John Toshack phones me up and explains why he has left me out and picked players from Yeovil and Shrewsbury etc, then I personally don't want to play."